No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard?

Discus and support No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, so my son bought a bluetooth keyboard, and we have a bluetooth adapter it connects to, and all works fine on a PC, however when put the adapter... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steve Miles1, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Steve Miles1
    Steve Miles1 Guest

Hi All, so my son bought a bluetooth keyboard, and we have a bluetooth adapter it connects to, and all works fine on a PC, however when put the adapter into the XBox there seems to be no power to it, no light on the adapter!

As I say, works fine on PC

What am i missing?

:)

Steve Miles1, Jan 23, 2023
  2. IceStorm III Win User

Usb bluetooth keyboard support

USB keyboards have always worked, but prior to the February update they had to be plugged in while the Xbox One was powered off (not Instant On, but completely off).

Bluetooth keyboards will not work. The Xbox One doesn't contain a Bluetooth radio. A wireless keyboard with its own wireless USB dongle should work. I've used a couple different Logitech wireless keyboards that were already paired to their associated Logitech
    Unifying USB receiver.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

If you still would want to use a keyboard on the console, you will need a USB wired keyboard
    You can still use a wireless keyboard, just not a Bluetooth Keyboard.

Keyboards and mice that have their own wireless dongle (Logitech for example) should work just fine.
  4. Steve Miles1 Win User

thanks for responding. Thats my point, I have a keyboard and bluetooth adapter, but the adapter isnt powered when put in the Xbox, but fine on the PC.
  5. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Steve! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

This is becausethe console is not compatible with the bluetooth adapter. If you still would want to use a keyboard on the console, you will need a USB wired keyboard
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

thanks for responding. Thats my point, I have a keyboard and bluetooth adapter, but the adapter isnt powered when put in the Xbox, but fine on the PC.
    That's because BT keyboards don't work. Not all wireless keyboards are Bluetooth.

Logitech wiress keyboards for example work on Xbox, they use their own direct wireless protocol, this isn't Bluetooth.

These keyboards are already paired to the receiver dongle. That's why they just work, BT ones don't.
Thema:

1. No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard? - Similar Threads - power USB connect

2. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  3. Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.: Until recently, I was able to plug my controller into my console with a USB cable, then plug speakers into the controller, and the controller would stay on indefinitely. Now it turns off after 15...
  4. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  5. Xbox usb power output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox usb power output: I have been trying to find out what the power output (voltage and amps) is on xbox series X/S for ages but can't find an answer anywhere. adabc1ae-07c5-4936-9fd8-eec4346ec73e
  6. Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports: My Series X Console was having a weird issue where the controller wouldn't turn on the machine, but was fixed once the console was unplugged and plugged back in. Fast forward ~1 week and the...
  7. Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...: Can I use a powered USB Hub with its own power supply on the front USB port of my Xbox Series X? I also plan to connect a second External Hard Drive to the port extender (the Two Rear USB ports...
  8. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...
  9. Power A Xbox One Controller connected via USB... works and then quits working randomly....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power A Xbox One Controller connected via USB... works and then quits working randomly....: I have a Power A Xbox One Controller that is wired. It will only connect via USB. I have used it on my Xbox One X and had no issues what so ever. I have been playing Warzone on my PC. 1st time i...
  10. Power or non power usb hub for series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Power or non power usb hub for series x: Just wondering witch works best. A power or non power USB hub. So I know I need a USB 3 hub. If I like to expand the available USB ports. But does it need to be powered or not? At the moment I...