No picture on the tv screen.

Discus and support No picture on the tv screen. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox has been great to me since I've bought it. I've always taken good care of it. The other night it froze on me so I turned it off as I always do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xyara, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Xyara
    Xyara Guest

My Xbox has been great to me since I've bought it. I've always taken good care of it. The other night it froze on me so I turned it off as I always do let it sit and cool off then started it up again. It froze a second time on the home screen and I turned
    it off and unplugged everything over night. Came back the next morning to play a game and it will not display a picture on the screen. It took try after try to get the controller to even connect to the Xbox and trouble shooting by pressing y and right trigger
    to restart it didn't work. I've taken the hard drive in and out because of the issues with the update going around. I've plugged it into different hdmi ports on the tv I've dug out the old av cables and plugged those in to see if the hdmi went up and still
    nothing. My Xbox 360s does power up and the controller does connect into the player one spot. I just can't get it to display a picture on the tv screen. Any ideas anyone? All the work I've put into my games and I can't seem to find a solution. It's really
    upsetting with all the time and money I've put into this console and collectors edition of games it's heart breaking to start anew with another console. Especially because I wanted this one to last till I got a next gen console.

:)

Xyara, Jan 7, 2014
  2. nixxofugi
    nixxofugi Guest
    Picture Resolution Size

Go to picture > screen adjustment > picture size > screen fit on the samsung tv. screen fit will make it look good on your screen.

nixxofugi, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Jeebus36
    Jeebus36 Guest
    Live tv picture slow to start.

When I turn my xbox on there is sound but no live tv picture. Instead There is a screen showing called the New Media Guide. It's prompts me to select my tv type, (sd or hd) but when I try nothing moves on the screen. After 5 minutes the tv picture shows
    up. Anyone experiencing the same problem, or have a solution. Thanks in advance.

Jeebus36, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Xyara
    Xyara Guest

I just really hope I can get this fixed. And if not, could I get a new console and insert my existing hard drive into it so I still have all my saved games? I have some many downloaded games I purchased through Microsoft on that hard drive as well. Would
    those show up through my windows live account so I can redownload them onto a new console if that's my only option??

Xyara, Jan 7, 2014
  5. Tr0llChief
    Tr0llChief Guest
    I think your console is broken. Everything you listed above gave me suggestion of broken HDMI Out port. Yes, you can get brand-new console if your warranty is not expired (this will be free).If your warranty expired, it will cost you a little amount of money*
    (*depends on region that you live in). And YES, you can plug in your Hard Drive to a new console.All content that was on your Hard Drive will be on the new console. Hope I helped you in some matter.

Tr0llChief, Oct 31, 2018
  6. nixxofugi Win User

Picture Resolution Size

Go to picture > screen adjustment > picture size > screen fit on the samsung tv. screen fit will make it look good on your screen.
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Screen Run Off

8. Xyara Win User

I just really hope I can get this fixed. And if not, could I get a new console and insert my existing hard drive into it so I still have all my saved games? I have some many downloaded games I purchased through Microsoft on that hard drive as well. Would
    those show up through my windows live account so I can redownload them onto a new console if that's my only option??
  9. Tr0llChief Win User

I think your console is broken. Everything you listed above gave me suggestion of broken HDMI Out port. Yes, you can get brand-new console if your warranty is not expired (this will be free).If your warranty expired, it will cost you a little amount of money*
    (*depends on region that you live in). And YES, you can plug in your Hard Drive to a new console.All content that was on your Hard Drive will be on the new console. Hope I helped you in some matter.
  10. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Screen Run Off

Look in your TV picture settings for a setting named as Just Scan or Fit to screen. Either of those should restrict the display to the visible screen area on your TV.
Thema:

1. No picture on the tv screen. - Similar Threads - picture screen

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  4. Xbox club profile picture or background image not uploading properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox club profile picture or background image not uploading properly: Whenever i try to set a custom profile picture or background picture for the xbox club i am the owner of, it doesnt keep the changes whenever i reload the "friends and community updates" app. I...
  5. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  6. My xbox party chat isnt working and it has the darkend profiile picture like im in gmae...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox party chat isnt working and it has the darkend profiile picture like im in gmae...: my xbox party chat usnt working and when i join a party my profile picture is darkened like im in game chat but the text says im not 604fccca-5d66-4103-b37b-4d540dc51852
  7. I'm banned from using the Communication Services on Xbox for 366 days due to a Profile Picture.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm banned from using the Communication Services on Xbox for 366 days due to a Profile Picture.: I recently tried posting a Poison Ivy DC Supervillian photo as my Profile Picture without knowing I would've been banned in any way. It did not just report it once, but FIVE times, resulting in...
  8. Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...: I just finished up setup and it does show a picture anymore. Is there a manually reset to factory so I can redo setup again. 3f91513d-d3f0-4531-9865-55a2276461b3
  9. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  10. Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP): it has been opened. Had a diagnostic check done and the technician said the motherboard or hard drive needed to be fixed/replaced but didn't have the parts to repair I’m asking if anyone else has...