No option to make external hardrive the primary drive after declining the first time

Discus and support No option to make external hardrive the primary drive after declining the first time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im pissed I dont understand why something so simple is hidden under bullShi steps and moves.How the H do you set the external drive as default?Why is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alecatt, Nov 19, 2022.

  1. Alecatt
    Alecatt Guest

    No option to make external hardrive the primary drive after declining the first time


    Im pissed I dont understand why something so simple is hidden under bullShi steps and moves.How the H do you set the external drive as default?Why is it not in the manage storage options.Do the IT people get a kick out of frustrating the user I think you do because it dont make sense to hide this option or leave it out

    :)
     
    Alecatt, Nov 19, 2022
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    No option to make external hardrive the primary drive after declining the first time

  3. {Parity} Win User

    External HDD no longer default drive

    This is the first time I have seen this issue. I use an external drive for my primary drive and the update did not change it on mine like it did on yours. Not close to my system currently but is there no places under the settings manage your storage that
    allows you to make the external the primary?
  4. AllegroPath Win User

    External Hardrive Help Please

    My external hardrive is a 2tb fantom drive and it will make it so my Xbox one can't connect to live most of the time can anyone help me with this?
  5. One Pint Johnny Win User

    Tv configuration App Not working

    Having the same issues. Could be something to do with the external hard drive maybe, not had time to troubleshoot yet though.

    Some ideas to try maybe?

    1. Make the Xbox One drive the primary drive, while the external drive is still plugged in

    2. Try with the external hard drive unplugged

    No idea if this will make a difference, but this issue only started for me since I got an external drive. Unless others are having the same issue with no external hard drive?
  6. feffreyfeffrey Win User

    Installation Stopped

    Where are you trying to install the game? If itbis a external hard drive then the drive might be corrupted and needs to be formatted and make sure it is a supported external hard drive.

    If its a internal hardrive then i would suggest clearing space? Make sure it has enough space to create reserves aswell
Thema:

No option to make external hardrive the primary drive after declining the first time

Loading...
  1. No option to make external hardrive the primary drive after declining the first time - Similar Threads - option external hardrive

  2. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  3. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  5. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  6. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  7. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  8. Disk to digital option not working for me

    in XboX Insiders
    Disk to digital option not working for me: I currently am enlisted in the beta ring version of the insider hub and im not getting the option for disk to digital on any of my games. I have the latest update it says. Anyone know the solution...
  9. The Disc to digital option is not apearing.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to digital option is not apearing.: I'm a member of Xbox Insider since 2018 or 2019 but i don't use much my Xbox One S nowdays. I turned it on today and It updated but the option is not apearing. submitted by /u/cuecaplaysYT...
  10. Xbox one external storage options?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external storage options?: I have the original Xbox one and need to extend my storage capability. What is the best external storage options that are compatible with the original Xbox one? 7148ca69-47dc-4423-92e7-a74dc010b115