No notifications when unlocking achievements

Discus and support No notifications when unlocking achievements in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I unlock an achievement there is no notification that pops up. It shows that it is unlocked but nothing pops up on screen. Have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bob Hende, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Bob Hende
    Bob Hende Guest

Whenever I unlock an achievement there is no notification that pops up. It shows that it is unlocked but nothing pops up on screen. Have tried contacting support and have done everyhing I could think of to fix it. Hard reset my console, removed and re downloaded
    my profile, tried a different profile, cleared the persistent storage. Please help!

:)

Bob Hende, Dec 25, 2015
  2. No notifications when unlocking achievements

Thanks, but you've clearly not read my previous post.

I've Reset the console twice. Removed/Re-added my profile. Disabled/Re-enabled my Notifications. Deleted Persistent Storage cache.

None of the above has resolved the issue. I'm beginning to think it's not the console at all, but a server side issue as I'm not the only user affected by this problem.

At present it seems Achievement Notifications are broken on Xbox One and MS need to both acknowledge and then fix the problem soon.

Shooter McNice, Dec 25, 2015
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Have you tried clearing the cache and then power cycling the console? You can clear the cache by heading to Settings>Disc & blu Ray then click on Persistent Storage.

You power cycle by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down.

onyxishere, Dec 25, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey mate,

It might be that your notifications are turned off, so try checking them to make sure it is still turned on

To access the Preferences settings:

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Preferences.
    5. Then select Notifications to find the notifications you want to turn off.
    Make sure they are all turned on, and hopefully that should sort it out for you No notifications when unlocking achievements :)

Let us know how you go

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Bob Hende
    Bob Hende Guest
    Thanks for the steps but they are turned on. I have contacted support again and they gave me some other steps to do so I will see if that works soon. If not I will post here again.

Bob Hende, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Bob Hende
    Bob Hende Guest
    Well no luck with the steps they gave me. Still not getting any notifications for achievements. I think I have to tried everything possible so if someone at Microsoft could help me please. Thanks

Bob Hende, Jan 1, 2016
  7. matthewiag
    matthewiag Guest
    I am also seeing an issue with notifications.

-

Since updating to the NXOE my notification are all over the place, Some time they pop up then some times they don't or sometime the notification is delayed and pop up later.

-

It's not just achievements I am also seeing this with Messages, today someone on Need for Speed sent me 2 messages and they did not popup but my Smart Glass app on my phone notified me.

-

I have tried

-Hard Reset

-Remove Profile

-Check Notification

-Nat type is Open

-

The only thing I have not tried is factory restore my Xbox.

(I am apart of the Preview Program, Also my friends is and he is not seeing this issue)

matthewiag, Jan 3, 2016
  8. Lava Dog Boy
    Lava Dog Boy Guest

I am also having this issue. The NXOE broke achievements notifications. Mine rarely ever pop on screen. I know I unlock them because they show instantly on Smartglass. And yes my notifications are turned on (I'm not an idiot, I checked that first obviously).
    It's so inconvenient to constantly have to check Smartglass or the achievements hub when they are supposed to show on screen. When will Microsoft fix this? I'm no tech guru but shouldn't it be simple to correct since it is part of the original design of the
    system? I've contacted XBOX support many times and I always get the same response. "Are you're notifications turned on?" Of course they are derp, wouldn't I know if I turned them off? It's like the support team doesn't even think it's an issue on XBox's end.

Lava Dog Boy, Jan 3, 2016
  9. Bob Hende
    Bob Hende Guest
    Yes I have contacted support multiple times as well and it's like they don't even know it is an issue. Can Microsoft please take notice of this as it is still occurring. The only thing I have not tried is factory reset which I do not want to do really. Please
    take notice of this Microsoft and reply with any help/advice on the issue.

Bob Hende, Jan 10, 2016
  10. NJackson21
    NJackson21 Guest
    Bit of a bump to this but I've recently encountered this issue and it only started after a recent console update. When I check the achievement app it shows that I've unlocked them but I don't always get the 'plop' and the pop up at the time I unlock them.
    I'm always connected online so it's not that and it seems to be happening across all the games I've recently played. Is anyone else still experiencing this?

NJackson21, Apr 10, 2016
  11. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    Hey Everyone

Many users such as yourself's made the same post with the same issue it seems like the latest update resulted in this i assure you many user's have left feedback. Or contacted the support thru chat / call and may have been recorded so i would stay patient
    until the next update as well. Preview program members will test it and make sure this was fixed. Please stay patient thanks.

Qwertei, Apr 11, 2016
  12. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey there NJackson21.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Please be sure not to bump older threads such as this. If you're still having trouble please create a new thread and let us know so that we can best help you. Thank you No notifications when unlocking achievements :)

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
  13. NJackson21 Win User

Bit of a bump to this but I've recently encountered this issue and it only started after a recent console update. When I check the achievement app it shows that I've unlocked them but I don't always get the 'plop' and the pop up at the time I unlock them.
    I'm always connected online so it's not that and it seems to be happening across all the games I've recently played. Is anyone else still experiencing this?
  14. Bob Hende Win User

Yes I have contacted support multiple times as well and it's like they don't even know it is an issue. Can Microsoft please take notice of this as it is still occurring. The only thing I have not tried is factory reset which I do not want to do really. Please
    take notice of this Microsoft and reply with any help/advice on the issue.
  15. Qwertei Win User

Hey Everyone

Many users such as yourself's made the same post with the same issue it seems like the latest update resulted in this i assure you many user's have left feedback. Or contacted the support thru chat / call and may have been recorded so i would stay patient
    until the next update as well. Preview program members will test it and make sure this was fixed. Please stay patient thanks.
  16. Shooter McNice Win User

Thanks, but you've clearly not read my previous post.

I've Reset the console twice. Removed/Re-added my profile. Disabled/Re-enabled my Notifications. Deleted Persistent Storage cache.

None of the above has resolved the issue. I'm beginning to think it's not the console at all, but a server side issue as I'm not the only user affected by this problem.

At present it seems Achievement Notifications are broken on Xbox One and MS need to both acknowledge and then fix the problem soon.
  17. onyxishere Win User

Have you tried clearing the cache and then power cycling the console? You can clear the cache by heading to Settings>Disc & blu Ray then click on Persistent Storage.

You power cycle by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down.
Thema:

1. No notifications when unlocking achievements - Similar Threads - notifications unlocking achievements

2. Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Favorite Notification and Join Game Issues: I have several people on my friends list and all of them are friends with me but I have 1 friend that is favorited that will not give notifications, allow you to join his games or allow him to...
  3. Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems: Out of all my friends, I have one friend that I do not get notifications that they are online, cannot join their games and this is the same for all of his friends. Even with them on his friends...
  4. I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox series S: Out of the blue I stopped receiving Notifications on my xbox, I though it was something in my settings but I have everything on, the only thing I don't get is when people get on notifications and...
  5. New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.

in XboX Insiders
    New Message Notification Feature Suggestion.: Favorited friends messages come through in preview or possibly in full instead of a default xbox notification, double tap xbox guide button or hold to quick respond instead of opening the message...
  6. Xbox SX not getting pop up notification when unlocking achievements

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox SX not getting pop up notification when unlocking achievements: Not sure if it’s a bug or not. The achievement unlocks but doesn’t give a pop up notification. submitted by /u/Timmy2Tap14 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.: I tried ALL kinds of troubleshooting. Local accounts, install/uninstall, changing around notification settings NOTHING worked. When my friend types I get a notification but never from an...
  8. I don´t get notification when I unlock Achivements in Game Pass PC (Win 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don´t get notification when I unlock Achivements in Game Pass PC (Win 11): I don't seem to get the notifications to pop-up when I unlock an achievement (using WINDOWS 11). I have tried the following thinngs: 1.- Uninstall Xbox Bar (power sheell) and Install again. 2.-...
  9. XBOX console companion "Achievment unlocked" notification

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX console companion "Achievment unlocked" notification: For a few days, I've been getting different "achievment unlocked" notifications(1) from the xbox console companion when xbox pc game pass is turned off and even not in any game on the computer....
  10. No notification when i unlock Achievements in Pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No notification when i unlock Achievements in Pc: Im playing some of the Xbox gamepass games, and i don't seem to get the notifications to pop-up when i unlock an achievement, even tho i turned on the option in xbox game bar to notify me it still...