No matter what folder I choose, games keep installing to the "windows apps" folder...

Discus and support No matter what folder I choose, games keep installing to the "windows apps" folder... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; No matter what folder I choose, games in the PC Xbox app keep installing to the "windows apps" folder (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\funpimp.......) I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Curtis Davis1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. No matter what folder I choose, games keep installing to the "windows apps" folder...

No matter what folder I choose, games in the PC Xbox app keep installing to the "windows apps" folder (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\funpimp.......) I have some of my games in C:\Xboxgames, so it was working before. I have tried many solutions including uninstalling xbox app and gaming services, logging out of xbox and microsoft store then repairing and resetting gaming services and Xbox app, and even attempting to copy the game folder and paste it into C:\Xboxgames (didn't work due to file security etc etc.) I just want to install all my games in C:\Xboxgames.

Again, I can select a drive and a folder to install to, but the game never installs there, instead go to the "windows apps" folder.

Windows 10. System drive is an SSD (4TB). The game I have been trying to install to C:\Xboxgames 544is "7 days to die". I haven't tried to uninstall/reinstall any of the other games that are installed to that directory

:)

Curtis Davis1, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Anvnamnet Win User

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 won't uninstall

Still a damn map in the folder where I choose to install the game.

Map name:

MSIXVC

Size: 76.9 Gb

Can't delete folder because it is in use by SYSTEM...

What even in hell is that.. I never want to install games or anything from windows store or Xbox gamepass app again.

It always leaves crapy folders and files behind. And they are almost always the same size as the game...
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cannot change game install location in Xbox App. Every single install goes to the WindowsApps folder.

The purpose of taking the folder ownership is that you have full control of the files inside not to move the games out of the windowsapp folder as i mentioned the apps(the games are apps) need to be inside that folder to work, unless that when you select install on the Xbox app you see in the window to choose the installation location that you can install on a different folder location, but often games will have this legend

[​IMG]
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

You dont as they are runed thru the xbox app not windows store
    That doesn't matter. True, they are installed and managed by the Game Pass Beta app, but the games still install to the same hidden Windows Apps folder as standard Windows 10 apps.

To gain access you need to change some simple admin privileges.
    This website explains how
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

0x80070002 Error

Are you trying to install your game using an external drive? Kindly also open File Explorer, followed by the C drive where Windows is installed. Click on the Windows folder, then open the Software Distribution folder. Click the DataStore folder to open it.

Delete everything in the DataStore folder by selecting the contents, right-clicking and choosing Delete then try installing your games again.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Deleting Xbox Games Pass Games. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

Access to the WindowsApps folder is a general Windows thing, not because of a Game Pass subscription. All Windows 10 apps and games install to this folder, Game Pass and Windows Store. You can still gain access to the folder.
Thema:

No matter what folder I choose, games keep installing to the "windows apps" folder...

1. No matter what folder I choose, games keep installing to the "windows apps" folder... - Similar Threads - matter folder choose

2. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  3. My avatar doesnt show on my xbox profile no matter what i do

in XBoX on Windows
    My avatar doesnt show on my xbox profile no matter what i do: ive selected and unselected, switched to original and back again but for 3 weeks it doesnt show - it showed fine prior to that?? help 0dcccf79-835a-47ec-b55d-42b97db0e054
  4. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  5. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  6. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death won't go away no matter what: So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play....
  7. Does It Matter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does It Matter?: I just bought a brand new keyboard & mouse because I'm trying to play Microsoft Flight Simulator (cloud) with mouse & keyboard on my Xbox One but I can't get them to work for the game, nor for any...
  8. My wifi and everything is good but I still stay at 100% packet loss no matter how many...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wifi and everything is good but I still stay at 100% packet loss no matter how many...: Please help fix this 100% packet loss issue. d39f8569-7595-44ed-af05-7f9dec9bfb19
  9. My Microsoft app won't open no matter what.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft app won't open no matter what.: I have been having this problem for months and I recently got rid of Xbox game pass because of this issue. I did every single thing in the video that follows:...
  10. It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    It wont let me extract the OSU1 Folder to usb flash drive, or any other folder for that matter.: Ive been trying for days to extract the OSU1 folder to any folder at all, when I try to extract to the desktop and win rar gives me this error message "C:\Users\George\Downloads\OSU1 (1).zip: CRC...