No Master Audio HD or Dolby Digital HD on XBox One.

Discus and support No Master Audio HD or Dolby Digital HD on XBox One. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son just purchased an XBox One, it took about 1 hr to do full set up & install Forza, fairly simple. I am SOOOOOOOOOO disappointed with MS. I put in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DPC-5F1A3395-4D66-4F56-9C65-16D60CCD92C3, Jan 4, 2014.

1. No Master Audio HD or Dolby Digital HD on XBox One.

My son just purchased an XBox One, it took about 1 hr to do full set up & install Forza, fairly simple. I am SOOOOOOOOOO disappointed with MS. I put in Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray disk to see how it looks and sounds. I noticed the Blu-Ray player does
    not play Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio. What a HUGE mistake. So I either have to use my PS3 or go out and buy a Blu-Ray player now if I want to be able to watch those movies and utilize those features built in the Blu-Ray disks. I don't get it, the Xbox
    One is suppose to be All in one entertainment system for our living rooms, but you skimp on what a Home Theater is all about.

:)

DPC-5F1A3395-4D66-4F56-9C65-16D60CCD92C3, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream

will XBox One X support Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream select along with pass through?

The GmC GaMeR, Jan 4, 2014
  3. PaulDeane
    PaulDeane Guest
    Xbox Dolby Digital support

Thanks for the feedback. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V373 and it does indeed support Dolby TrueHD;

HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio

To Dayton; so it does appear multi channel on the receiver display but the format is PCM. Seems strange. Again, with the HDMI passthru, and the TV function it is still PCM. But if I hook my Sat receiver in directly the A/V receiver displays Dolby Digital.

PaulDeane, Jan 4, 2014
  4. ErockG13
    ErockG13 Guest

You can get dts hd audio but I was told by the support tech that at this time support for Dolby isnt there yet but will be eventually. I agree with ur disappointment. How can u say its a next gen system when it can't do half the things that the current
    gen did, ps3 included. I made the choice to purchase the xbox one first because of the multimedia features alone. When I purchase my ps4 which will probably be 2014 holiday season I have a feeling my xbox one will just collect dust...

ErockG13, Feb 21, 2014
  5. I was hoping this would be sorted out in the march update. Still DTS-HD or Dolby true hd.

Still having to play blurays on my ps3. Sort it out microsoft. The bluray player is so half-arsed.

rodham-4A8FE052-819B-47DF-8CD6-A2436C9DDB42, Mar 5, 2014
  6. stubiedoo
    stubiedoo Guest
    It's laughable how they marketed it as a media hub in your living room that it does everything similar to how Sony marketed the PS3 and it can't even play the HD codecs on the blu-rays which is a complete joke and they had the cheek to launch even expensive
    than the PS4.

stubiedoo, Nov 12, 2014
  7. I only hope that it's a software issue that can be fix, if its in the hardware then we've got trouble.

SlickMasterJack, Dec 29, 2014
  8. blueriver
    blueriver Guest

Dolby Digital and DTS in HD format works on my Xbox One special edition.

blueriver, Jan 1, 2015
  9. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    Its a 2 year old thread......

EnenDaveyBoy, Oct 31, 2018
  10. PaulDeane Win User

Xbox Dolby Digital support

Thanks for the feedback. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V373 and it does indeed support Dolby TrueHD;

HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio

To Dayton; so it does appear multi channel on the receiver display but the format is PCM. Seems strange. Again, with the HDMI passthru, and the TV function it is still PCM. But if I hook my Sat receiver in directly the A/V receiver displays Dolby Digital.
  11. imanshanizadehasli Win User

When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

That's not right. I connect with a hdmi cable, not with an optical cable. The problem is that you do not add the Dolby true hd and dts hd master audio format to the xbox one x console bitstream part.

12. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Its a 2 year old thread......
  13. blueriver Win User

Dolby Digital and DTS in HD format works on my Xbox One special edition.
  14. rodham-4A8FE052-819B Win User

I was hoping this would be sorted out in the march update. Still DTS-HD or Dolby true hd.

Still having to play blurays on my ps3. Sort it out microsoft. The bluray player is so half-arsed.
Thema:

1. No Master Audio HD or Dolby Digital HD on XBox One. - Similar Threads - Master Audio Dolby

2. Master Chief Collection Audio Issues Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Master Chief Collection Audio Issues Xbox: For whatever reason, I'm having a really annoying audio issue for the MCC on xbox when playing the campaigns. Most in-game dialog and cut scene dialog is supper choppy and cuts in and out. I've...
  3. Halo: The Master Chief Collection audio problems on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection audio problems on Xbox One S: I am having trouble with in-game audio. The audio is fine on all the menus including the pause menu but when I hit resume and start playing again theres no sound. This is happening on my Xbox One...
  4. The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...

in XboX Insiders
    The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MoralesProject [link] [comments]
  5. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD signals not sent to reciever d6e53a54-a891-48af-9d41-cf336131c1eb
  6. Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream: will XBox One X support Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream select along with pass through? f3114be9-fcff-4f52-93b1-12f0b5e60003
  7. XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: WEll i read the old thread just borrowed the headline some one talked about not getting Blu Ray lossless audio via HDMI if you Connect an Optical audio Cable between the Xbox One and receiver...
  8. Xbox One S..still no DTS True HD Master 7.1 Audio for Blu-Ray capable movies

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S..still no DTS True HD Master 7.1 Audio for Blu-Ray capable movies: Is there a way to get uncompressed Bitsteam so my receiver can decipher the audio to the movies preferences, what im missing, not happy 2962ef89-8e5b-4e88-a7c1-cf860f3ce8ad
  9. DTS TRUE HD MASTER Audio 7.1, XBOX ONE isn't playing capable bluray

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS TRUE HD MASTER Audio 7.1, XBOX ONE isn't playing capable bluray: I have tried everything, does anyone get theirs to work and how 73ab67d4-c14a-4c28-9fad-05e5d5b47672
  10. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: With the March update I see that the XBOX ONE finally bitstreams DTS and Dolby. However, it's still missing our Blu-ray's lossless formats! When are those coming? Thanks, -UNREAL...