No Man's Sky refusing to launch at all.

Discus and support No Man's Sky refusing to launch at all. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought pc game pass, and download fresh No Man`s Sky and it does not work at all. 892d3cc1-5f77-4380-ba9f-76fbcb07640e Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Forux, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Forux
    Forux Guest

I bought pc game pass, and download fresh No Man`s Sky and it does not work at all.

:)

Forux, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Oblivion Night2 Win User

I'll try this after I redownload it on another drive, thanks for the info.
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey, there!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you.

In order to fix this, please make sure that your Windows, Xbox, device drivers and gaming services are all up to date, here's how:

For Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have downloaded, select Install Now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

For Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

For Xbox and gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Here's the reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

Please let me know if it works.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

To be honest, I never saw this error. But since this happens only with No Man's Sky, it is a game specific error.

To start troubleshooting it, please try to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ programs. Download a fresh copy of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime from here and then install it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/cpp/windows/latest-s...

Make sure you download the correct version of it (x86 or x64). Restart your computer after the installation.

Also, please download and install the .NET Framework Runtime :

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2085155

Also restart your computer after the installation.

The last recommended download is the DirectX Runtime:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

After that, please try to use the System File Checker and DISM to repair broken, corrupted or missing system files:

Go to Start > Search for Command Prompt > Right Click > Run as Administrator. Run one command at a time:

sfc /scannow

chkdsk /r

chkdsk /f

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Chkdsk may ask you to restart your computer in order to be able to run. If that's the case, please restart your computer when you can and it will run before Windows starts.

Then, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Find No Man's Sky > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

Let me know how it goes, my friend.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Oblivion. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please give me more information about this issue so I can assist you better?

Is this happening only with No Man's Sky? Other games launch just fine?

Are you trying to play it on Windows 10 or 11?

Also, is your Windows updated? Can you check/download/install updates from Windows Update without issues?

I'll be waiting for your kind reply, my friend.
  6. MaverickSpore Win User

Having the same issue. Did any of these fix the problem?
Thema:

1. No Man's Sky refusing to launch at all. - Similar Threads - Man's Sky refusing

2. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  3. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  4. no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass: Hi, I subscribed to PC Game Pass and installed No Man'S Sky to play with a friend, who hold the game on Steam. I heard the game wa s crossplatform. However, i cannot access the...
  5. I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...: The title says it all. I've already tried: Reinstalling/restarting the app Reinstalling/restarting services Changing network settings Rebooting PC Repairing and Resetting the app through...
  6. NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER: I have reset my game, gone to privacy settings, reset computer, BOUGHT GAMEPASS ULTIMATE, because I thought I need GOLD to play multiplayer, but APPARENTLY THAT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING. I just...
  7. No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure: Hey, Today I finally got one of my friends to install No Man’s Sky - it had been working great on my console and some of my other friends (we’re all on series X) - but on his (series S) it just...
  8. No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen: I installed NMS via Game Pass on PC for the first time and the game endlessly loads. At the same time, it uses almost no resources in Task Manager. My PC: i5-6400 GTX 1060 6GB 16GB RAM SSD I...
  9. No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Network Settings or Multiplayer Option in No Man's Sky: I play on PC using the Xbox app and the game pass. I've gotten through the first missions and have reached the Anomaly. In the options menu, there is no Network choice. When pressing start on the...
  10. No Man’s Sky lost all of my game saves.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man’s Sky lost all of my game saves.: I have been playing No Man’s Sky for years. I have a game saved with over 400 hours. Now I cannot load it. Every time I try to load it, No Man’s Sky starts a new game. I started having problems...