No longer getting HDR with recent Alpha update

Discus and support No longer getting HDR with recent Alpha update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am on the Alpha insider ring. Noticed today when I jumped on Sea of Thieves it was no longer HDR. Checked for the option and then checked other... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GuerreroUltimo, Jan 24, 2023.

1. No longer getting HDR with recent Alpha update

I am on the Alpha insider ring. Noticed today when I jumped on Sea of Thieves it was no longer HDR. Checked for the option and then checked other games. Went to settings and it had HDR10 and Auto HDR selected but now says that HDR is not supported on my setup. It had been and the monitor does HDR. When I switch back to PC monitor goes to HDR. Did not notice this listed in the release notes but I also tried to move this to the TV which also supports HDR and gives HDR on my wife's Series S and it still was not working.

If this is a known issue sorry for the post as I did not see it.

submitted by /u/GuerreroUltimo
    [link] [comments]

/u/GuerreroUltimo, Jan 24, 2023
  2. BorealChicken9 Win User

Latest Insider Update Causing HDR Colour Problems

After the recent April update my XBOX ONE S is no longer displaying colors correctly for any HDR content.
  3. RHR cats Win User

Is anyone else having issues with unavailable NAT type

Yes I am I’m an alpha member I only had one friend that was also in alpha and I was trying to get a hold of him but he’s no longer in Alpha he’s in Delta now he got tired of the constant updates so he unenrolled Alpha
  4. Merlin4421 Win User

Dayz coming to Xbox One???

I dunno if they will ever get it out of alpha. The most recent update broke the game on my computer.
  5. tariqosuave Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

I own a sony 850C. NEWEST UPDATES for the tv and Xbox. Though the tv is hdr 10 and passed everything in the past. As of the latest update, the tv no longer can handle hdr gaming. This needs to be fixed.
  6. El Matadurr Win User

Xbox one X 4K Capture not working after last update

Hey, you're not alone. I'm in the insider preview OS program, and this problem was fixed in a late-May update. Then it was broken again in a June 2 or 3 update (mandatory). The public version of the OS also is still broken for 4k HDR/SDR capture, so we're
    stuck in the water here.

Best info I have for you is "they're aware of the issue and are investigating". But it really sucks because there's no other way to get decent 4k footage without paying for a $400 buggy capture card. A recent alpha skip-ahead update reportedly fixed the
    issue, but I haven't been able to contact any on the subreddit that got ahold of that update to confirm.

The 1080p/30fps SDR is garbage, with a terrible bitrate and subpar HDR->SDR conversion. All I can suggest is to get in the insider program through the hub and hope that you can get an update that fixes it.
Thema:

No longer getting HDR with recent Alpha update

1. No longer getting HDR with recent Alpha update - Similar Threads - longer getting HDR

2. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  3. My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?: My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back? I also want to let you know that it was tied with my Minecraft Java account, so is it possible to get...
  4. if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...: i was just wondering this because there's some older games i wanna try but i thought i should ask before i bought a 360 728d4be7-55ba-429d-a1a0-638b574d3fe0
  5. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  6. I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer: I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer ? 7e2ac95b-d535-458a-a819-95314ad47866
  7. i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...: i woke up one day and turns out im perm console banned no warnings no strikes no previous account bans just immediate console ban ive found out xbox cant lift console bans so i need to know if i...
  8. Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?: Hi, I downloaded mine craft from a card download that came with my Xbox (I downloaded it on pc). I recently had to factory reset my pc and now my Microsoft store says I no longer own the game. Is...
  9. Why can I no longer get robux off of Microsoft rewards as someone in the UK?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I no longer get robux off of Microsoft rewards as someone in the UK?: I have friends in America who also use Microsoft rewards and can get Robux from it. I used to be able to, however, now the option to redeem Robux codes is no longer there as someone from the...
  10. no longer able to get HDR or dolby vision for gaming on vizio TV

in XboX Insiders
    no longer able to get HDR or dolby vision for gaming on vizio TV: noticed this morning i am no longer able to get dolby vision or hdr for gaming. it shows it as good for watching movies. verified both my series x systems in the insider program are showing this....