No longer getting HDR 10 gaming on my Xbox one on RDR 2 or Forza Horizon 4

Discus and support No longer getting HDR 10 gaming on my Xbox one on RDR 2 or Forza Horizon 4 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X, hooked up to a Panasonic TX58GX800B TV, via a Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar. Xbox to soundbar via HDMI, Soundbar to TV via HDMI... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LtCorwin, Jul 8, 2020.

1. LtCorwin
    LtCorwin Guest

I have an Xbox One X, hooked up to a Panasonic TX58GX800B TV, via a Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar. Xbox to soundbar via HDMI, Soundbar to TV via HDMI passthrough

Last time I played RDR 2 I got the HDR 10 setup options, and it was great.

Last night I went to play again, and no HDR10.

The Xbox Video settings says my TV does not support HDR10 gaming though previously it said it did.

I have my 4K Blu-Ray player set up the same way as my XBox to the TV, and it plays and shows HDR10 and HDR10+ content so I know it's not the TV.

I have heard that there are sometimes issues using soundbars between XBox and TV, but mine was working before for HDR10 content, and now it isn't so I'm guessing it's an Xbox One update that caused the problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Do we know
    when we can expect a fix for it?

Thanks

LTC

:)

LtCorwin, Jul 8, 2020
  2. s14shd0t Win User

Tuns out it was an HDMI setting on the TV was wrong. I had it set the way it was on the advice of the manufacturer, but it turns out their advice was wrong. Nice to know the manufacturer doesn't know their own kit. Big ups to the Xbox crownd
    for their help.

I followed these steps very carefully to get it sorted, and tried switching the settings on my TV to see if it helped

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshooting-4k-and-hdr-on-xbox-one
    I'm glad you got it sorted :)

PS: It would be great if you marked this thread as resolved/answered 😊
  3. LtCorwin Win User

Thanks. I know the soundbar caused some issues, it prevented Dolby Vision content from being displayed.

But the point is I used to get HDR10, and now I don't. Nothing in the setup of the TV has changed, nor on the soundbar. My 4K Blu-Ray player can display HDR10 and HDR10+ content on the TV when passed through the soundbar.

So it;s obviously something to do with the combination of the Xbox and soundbar, but something has change, it used to work and now it doesn't, hence why I think it's an Xbox update. Also when I go into settings, display options, 4k TV there are a lot more
    subcategories of what content is and isn't playablew now than there used to b, so obviously something has changed on the Xbox end. I'm just wondering if there's going to be a fix.
  4. s14shd0t Win User

Hey LtCorwin, I ran into a similar issue. Three things you could look into:

1. You could plug your Xbox directly into the HDMI port that your Blu-Ray Player is currently plugged into to see if the soundbar is the culprit.

2. Some TVs have dedicated HDMI ports for HDR support. My TV has several HDMI ports, but only one supports 4k@60fps with HDR. You could try and plug your soundbar into the HDMI port that your Blu-Ray player is plugged into to see if that solves the issue.

3. Some TVs need to have advanced HDMI features enabled for each port. My TV needs me to go into settings and enable HDMI 2.0 for the port, otherwise there's no HDR support.

Maybe this helps :)
  5. LtCorwin Win User

Tuns out it was an HDMI setting on the TV was wrong. I had it set the way it was on the advice of the manufacturer, but it turns out their advice was wrong. Nice to know the manufacturer doesn't know their own kit. Big ups to the Xbox crownd for their
    help.

I followed these steps very carefully to get it sorted, and tried switching the settings on my TV to see if it helped

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshooting-4k-and-hdr-on-xbox-one
  6. DmitryAlexeevi4 Win User

Best Video Game Music Score

Halo, Skyrim, Forza Horizon series, RDR 2
Thema:

1. No longer getting HDR 10 gaming on my Xbox one on RDR 2 or Forza Horizon 4 - Similar Threads - longer getting HDR

2. My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back?: My Microsoft account was hacked, it no longer says it exists, is there anyways to get it back? I also want to let you know that it was tied with my Minecraft Java account, so is it possible to get...
  3. if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...: i was just wondering this because there's some older games i wanna try but i thought i should ask before i bought a 360 728d4be7-55ba-429d-a1a0-638b574d3fe0
  4. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  5. I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer: I refunded a game but I didn’t get my money back, but it says they did, do I just wait longer ? 7e2ac95b-d535-458a-a819-95314ad47866
  6. i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...: i woke up one day and turns out im perm console banned no warnings no strikes no previous account bans just immediate console ban ive found out xbox cant lift console bans so i need to know if i...
  7. Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft is saying I no longer own a game, is there any way I can get it back?: Hi, I downloaded mine craft from a card download that came with my Xbox (I downloaded it on pc). I recently had to factory reset my pc and now my Microsoft store says I no longer own the game. Is...
  8. Why can I no longer get robux off of Microsoft rewards as someone in the UK?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I no longer get robux off of Microsoft rewards as someone in the UK?: I have friends in America who also use Microsoft rewards and can get Robux from it. I used to be able to, however, now the option to redeem Robux codes is no longer there as someone from the...
  9. games I purchased are no longer in my xbox game pass account. Whats the deal? How do I get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games I purchased are no longer in my xbox game pass account. Whats the deal? How do I get...: How do i get support to get my games back without having to buy them again. Just a few of the minecraft games I purchased are no longer in my account. 00ec7d95-9159-4dea-aa80-616472694d32
  10. no longer able to get HDR or dolby vision for gaming on vizio TV

in XboX Insiders
    no longer able to get HDR or dolby vision for gaming on vizio TV: noticed this morning i am no longer able to get dolby vision or hdr for gaming. it shows it as good for watching movies. verified both my series x systems in the insider program are showing this....