No HDMI output on Xbox one x

Discus and support No HDMI output on Xbox one x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I have no output from my Xbox one x on the HDMI. Tried 3 different cords, different input ports on the t.v but still nothing. T.V says no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mattm_16, Mar 1, 2021.

1. mattm_16
    mattm_16 Guest

Hello

I have no output from my Xbox one x on the HDMI. Tried 3 different cords, different input ports on the t.v but still nothing. T.V says no signal. All cords tried work with other devices. Tried doing the hard reset and following the big list of steps to try on the Microsoft website which then led me to here. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

mattm_16, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Best gaming monitor - tv for xbox series x

You don't need HMDI 2.1 for 4k on the Series X...you only need HDMI 2.1 to run at 4k 120Hz. The Xbox One X only ran on HDMI 2.0 but it output 4k perfectly fine.
  3. DugFreez Win User

Sound Advice: HDMI Output Problems

My Xbox One X has the same issue. I only noticed it doing it recently. I usually have HDMI audio set to output bitstream (DD), but on startup I will occasionally see it has change the HDMI audio output to 5.1 uncompressed. It's easy to notices as my
    receiver will show as outputting Pro Logic II instead of DD 5.1 as it should when the Xbox One X is outputting a bitstream signal over the HDMI.

A power cycle does nothing. The only way to fix it is to go back into the audio setting and change it back to output bitstream over HDMI. It also doesn't do it every time the system is turned on. Sometimes it will turn on and remain on bitstream output as it
    should.

Strangely enough I just noticed it doing this since i got a PS4 Pro. Almost as if going from the PS4 Pro's HDMI input to the Xbox One X's HDMI messes things up somehow. Though I haven't been able to find a situation where that can be replicated.

In any case....it seems ludicrous that a setting like that will just keep changing itself.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
  5. MartyBouchard Win User

Xbox One X

I recently bought an XBOX One X and it worked fine for the first 6 months. I turned it on last week and the HDMI output is not working anymore.
  6. DaBJ Win User

4K?

You need a Xbox One-S or X for 4k(UHD)

You also might need to change the settings from you're TV for the HDMI output
Thema:

1. No HDMI output on Xbox one x - Similar Threads - HDMI output

2. Monitor not reading HDMI output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor not reading HDMI output: Hello, I've been using my computer for about four years, and the monitor has recently started freezing regularly. It will freeze, and then the monitor will go black and say there is no HDMI...
  3. No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?: Hi, I’ve had the unpleasant surprise of my Series S not working normally today. I started the console as normal but my monitor did not open automatically I manually opened it to realize that there...
  4. How to troubleshoot hdmi output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to troubleshoot hdmi output.: My situation is a different. The port is fine, there’s not much issue with it. There is no signal to my tv though. The port looks fine but the cable wiggles a small bit. And my xbox connected to 2...
  5. Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.: The HDMI output has stopped working on my Series X. Looks like the far side of the HDMI is broken. I have moved this console one time since setting up, seems to be a manufacturing defect. Is there...
  6. connecting a laptop with an output hdmi

in XBoX on Windows
    connecting a laptop with an output hdmi: hello microsoft team, I would like to ask if its possible to play with my xbox using my laptop's screen (I am not talking about remote gameplay but directly connected with hdmi), I found out that...
  7. can i connect my xbox one s to my pc without using the HDMI output port?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i connect my xbox one s to my pc without using the HDMI output port?: i need help figuring out how to hook up my xbox one s to my pc without an HDMI cord if there is a way? a6648e3c-90d9-452f-950f-ebf705413713
  8. Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...: I feel like i did not do enough research on the series x, but in my defense I did not need more than one screen originally. However with MS flight simulator I need to have three for doing any real...
  9. Xbox One with no HDMI video output to TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One with no HDMI video output to TV: My sons Xbox will turn on but the TV is showing no HDMI input I have tried HDMI cable and swapping with another - NG I have switched off power and unplugged at the wall for 24hrs and re tired -...
  10. No HDMI output on TV source suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDMI output on TV source suddenly: No HDMI output on TV source suddenly. New issue. Made sure correct HDMI out on xbox. tried new HDMI cord. tried another tv. tried 10sec cycle off. Suggestions where to go now?...