No HDMI output. Not the usual problem though [ Please read.

Discus and support No HDMI output. Not the usual problem though [ Please read. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, My Xbox 360 premium has developed an HDMI problem (NO audio or video). I have tried the steps to downgrade the resolution without success.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LowerLeech36, Jan 4, 2014.

1. LowerLeech36
    LowerLeech36 Guest

Hi all,

My Xbox 360 premium has developed an HDMI problem (NO audio or video).

I have tried the steps to downgrade the resolution without success.

But, I have noticed something strange.

If I am watching cable TV through HDMI 1, then connect my 360 (WITHOUT power) to HDMI 2, the HDMI 1 connection (Cable TV) goes blank.

I am thinking this is a hardware issue with the HDMI port, even with NO power, just plugging in the HDMI lead into HDMI 2 causes HDMI 1 to go blank.

Anyone ever come across this before?

Other than send it to Microsoft, I am willing to have a go myself, anyone got any ideas or suggestions please?

Many thanks,

Pete

:)

LowerLeech36, Jan 4, 2014
  2. janob1
    janob1 Guest
    Xbox wont display via HDMI/AV cable

Hi,

I have read and re-read the multiple threads on this subject but have been unable to resolve the problem. I have an xbox 360 that will not output on an LG tv via HMDI or AV cable, but it will output via the composite. It used to work fine, until a few
    days ago, and now just shows a black screen with no signal.

I have tried several different HDMI cables, and have confirmed the xbox works fine via all the HDMI cables I have on another Samsung TV. I have also reset the tv to factory settings, and changed the display output on the Samsung tv to a lower resolution,
    but it still will not output on my LG tv.

This is the first xbox that I have had this problem with the tv, having owned multiple xbox 360s. As stated I know the xbox is fine, as it outputs via HDMI on the Samsung tv on all possible outputs from 480-1080p, but will not work anymore on the LG tv
    via any output resolution via HDMI/AV cable.

-Samsung TV works via HDMI

-LG TV works only via composite cable

-Xbox is fine

-Leads are fine

No HDMI output. Not the usual problem though [ Please read. :)

janob1, Jan 4, 2014
  3. HDMI 4k headset problems

sry I didn't read it correct the box does not have any other than an HDMI in and HDMI output

GoC zockie188, Jan 4, 2014
  4. GoC zockie188 Win User

HDMI 4k headset problems

sry I didn't read it correct the box does not have any other than an HDMI in and HDMI output
  5. AllAlexi Win User

I want to play my Xbox 360 on my PC

Hi,

It depends on your PC. HDMI output and HDMI input are two different things.

Often the HDMI ports on PCs are output only. They're intended to send information to another device like a monitor or TV. They usually don't accept input.

Your PC might be set up for HDMI input but if it's not settings then possibly not.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox connect via cable

No, HDMI ports are usually for output only on such devices. You would need a TV/monitor to connect with the console.
  7. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Monitor not reading HDMI output

Hi Samuel, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

This seems to be an issue with your Graphics Card.

Please, contact NVIDIA support, you may need to send it for repairs or get a new one.

Try doing a clean install of the graphics driver.

Open the Device Manager window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Device Manager".

Select Display Adapter > Right-click the device, and click Uninstall Device > OK

Restart your PC.

Then, enter your graphics card manufacturer page, and download and install the latest drivers.

https://www.nvidia.com/geforce/drivers/
  8. DugFreez Win User

Sound Advice: HDMI Output Problems

My Xbox One X has the same issue. I only noticed it doing it recently. I usually have HDMI audio set to output bitstream (DD), but on startup I will occasionally see it has change the HDMI audio output to 5.1 uncompressed. It's easy to notices as my
    receiver will show as outputting Pro Logic II instead of DD 5.1 as it should when the Xbox One X is outputting a bitstream signal over the HDMI.

A power cycle does nothing. The only way to fix it is to go back into the audio setting and change it back to output bitstream over HDMI. It also doesn't do it every time the system is turned on. Sometimes it will turn on and remain on bitstream output as it
    should.

Strangely enough I just noticed it doing this since i got a PS4 Pro. Almost as if going from the PS4 Pro's HDMI input to the Xbox One X's HDMI messes things up somehow. Though I haven't been able to find a situation where that can be replicated.

In any case....it seems ludicrous that a setting like that will just keep changing itself.
Thema:

1. No HDMI output. Not the usual problem though [ Please read. - Similar Threads - HDMI output usual

2. Monitor not reading HDMI output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor not reading HDMI output: Hello, I've been using my computer for about four years, and the monitor has recently started freezing regularly. It will freeze, and then the monitor will go black and say there is no HDMI...
  3. No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?: Hi, I’ve had the unpleasant surprise of my Series S not working normally today. I started the console as normal but my monitor did not open automatically I manually opened it to realize that there...
  4. How to troubleshoot hdmi output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to troubleshoot hdmi output.: My situation is a different. The port is fine, there’s not much issue with it. There is no signal to my tv though. The port looks fine but the cable wiggles a small bit. And my xbox connected to 2...
  5. Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X broken HDMI output.: The HDMI output has stopped working on my Series X. Looks like the far side of the HDMI is broken. I have moved this console one time since setting up, seems to be a manufacturing defect. Is there...
  6. connecting a laptop with an output hdmi

in XBoX on Windows
    connecting a laptop with an output hdmi: hello microsoft team, I would like to ask if its possible to play with my xbox using my laptop's screen (I am not talking about remote gameplay but directly connected with hdmi), I found out that...
  7. can i connect my xbox one s to my pc without using the HDMI output port?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i connect my xbox one s to my pc without using the HDMI output port?: i need help figuring out how to hook up my xbox one s to my pc without an HDMI cord if there is a way? a6648e3c-90d9-452f-950f-ebf705413713
  8. Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...: I feel like i did not do enough research on the series x, but in my defense I did not need more than one screen originally. However with MS flight simulator I need to have three for doing any real...
  9. Xbox One with no HDMI video output to TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One with no HDMI video output to TV: My sons Xbox will turn on but the TV is showing no HDMI input I have tried HDMI cable and swapping with another - NG I have switched off power and unplugged at the wall for 24hrs and re tired -...
  10. No HDMI output on TV source suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDMI output on TV source suddenly: No HDMI output on TV source suddenly. New issue. Made sure correct HDMI out on xbox. tried new HDMI cord. tried another tv. tried 10sec cycle off. Suggestions where to go now?...