no games but it takes up space on my computer memory

Discus and support no games but it takes up space on my computer memory in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the xbox game pass and I am downloading a game while my pc shut down and when I opened it and entered the xbox game pass, I realized that the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by yiğitünlü, Apr 1, 2021.

1. yiğitünlü
    yiğitünlü Guest

I have the xbox game pass and I am downloading a game while my pc shut down and when I opened it and entered the xbox game pass, I realized that the game did not download at all but it took up space on my pc and I could not delete the game files. I would be glad if you help me with this.

:)

yiğitünlü, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Minimooo Win User

1TB Limited Edition does not come with HD 1TB? ¹

When you say it's not 1TB, how much memory do you have? Remember that the operating system takes up a chunk of the memory space.
  3. ryanf279 Win User

So you want a PS4? Maybe the Xbox One has a secret weapon...

Were not talking about how much Space the Operating system take on HDD were talking about the memory it takes to run it....my god people should look up stuff before they post ignorance
  4. Ben Decho Win User

Memory Issues

Let the flaming begin... but....

Memory refers to static storage space, like RAM

Storage refers to electronic filing space, like a hard drive.

Your 4gb refers to "storage", not "memory.

OK, have fun you can all flame me now on my Computers 101 lesson.... LOL
  5. J.R.G. Win User

so why is xbox one better?

Also the digital games take up so much space that youll need to fork out for the most expensive memory
    It LIVES, IT LIVES! Really? Revive a thread from 2013...

Most expensive memory? External drives are dirt cheap.
  6. SandM1tch Win User

Configure help

Lol EMS memory? that dates way back to the DOS days for Microsoft. Expanded memory is the old term for the modern name of "Virtual memory" where you allocate space from your Harddisk Drive (HDD) and use that space as if it were RAM (the long memory modules
    in your computer).

-

If its a game that is very old that ran in MS-DOS (an operating system before Windows), you are better off using DOSbox (google it) to emulate and maybe configure EMS memory for the game there (if you're not already using DOSbox).
Thema:

1. no games but it takes up space on my computer memory - Similar Threads - games takes space

2. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  3. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  4. My brand new series x won’t take any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new series x won’t take any game discs: My Xbox will not let any disc in, any fixes? 8101392c-bf55-4237-a64f-ffa5b89eae05
  5. Xbox Series S, Game update installs full game again. Takes double the space on hard drive....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S, Game update installs full game again. Takes double the space on hard drive....: Hey, Im on an Xbox Series S device. But i've had this issue in the past on my xbox one too. I bought Cyberpunk 2077 Digitally a few days ago. Its a download of 63.03gb which is a lot to...
  6. Xbox game clips not uploading but still taking up network space

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game clips not uploading but still taking up network space: After recording a game clip today I noticed that it didn't upload automatically. I then went to upload it my self and watched as the bar filled and and my xbox told me it was uploaded. But this...
  7. Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC: So I was going to download Forza game on my PC on Xbox Game Pass, but then decided I didn't want to play it after all, so I cancelled the download, and I noticed that I didn't get my harddrive...
  8. Xbox game pass for PC - uninstalled games still take up storage space

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass for PC - uninstalled games still take up storage space: I uninstalled some games from my Xbox game pass (PC) using the uninstall option in the Xbox app (on PC). But the storage space in my SSD did not return to what it used to be, before the game was...
  9. How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?: How much Space does 1min or even 1hr of 4k game clips at 60fps take up in an X1X hard drive? I heard X1X uses compression and decoding for this. What about if I record on an external hard drive....
  10. How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?: How much Space does 1min or even 1hr of 4k game clips at 60fps take up in an X1X hard drive? I heard X1X uses compression and decoding for this. What about if I record on an external hard drive....