No game chat audio when Headset is connected

Discus and support No game chat audio when Headset is connected in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently got a capture card to stream because I had been streaming directly from xbox only to find I had no game chat audio. I found this thread of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by samanthadill13, Mar 16, 2023.

1. No game chat audio when Headset is connected

I recently got a capture card to stream because I had been streaming directly from xbox only to find I had no game chat audio. I found this thread of lots of people having the same issue and sure enough when I disconnect my headset, game chat audio comes through.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ure-card/9ff22dbc-c332-4dbf-aa8c-4dd4ef86d818

There hasn't been a reply from Microsoft in over a year and I don't see that a solution was ever found. Is there an update on this?

The issue seems to be that when a headset is connected, the xbox prioritizes it as an audio device EVEN IF you have audio output set to headset AND speakers. Evidently this worked before some update in late 2021 and I've found threads on reddit complaining of the same issue and either you guys never fixed it or never told anyone what the solution was. Is there a way to bypass the headset audio prioritization and have all audio through the HDMI and headset output simultaneously while also using headset mic as audio input? It sounds like this used to be how it worked and it got messed up with no alternative.

I am aware of the elgato chat link but I don't want to buy a $200 capture card plus their proprietary cord just so that I have to use my $250 made for xbox wireless headset with a wire attached.

:)

samanthadill13, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Hellhog Win User

Turtle Beach X12 No Audio on TV

Here is another post that I wrote up earlier but didn't post:

Ok, I'm a little confused. Just to be sure, what is not working when:

1. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is directly connected to the TV?

2. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is only connected to the Headset?

3. Does the game audio work through the headset when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and Headset?

4. Does the game audio work through the TV when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and headset?

Note, the headset contains two different audio channels, when connected to the controller, you are receieving the Chat channel, when connected to the Xbox you are receiving the Game audio (the same that would go through the TV). The settings on the Xbox are
    for Chat audio only. That should be set to headset only for when using the headset, this will cause game audio to play through both the TV and Headset while Chat audio through the headset only, if set to both game audio remains the same but Chat audio will
    play through both, and of course of set to speakers then game audio will still play through both but chat audio will play only through the TV. Ideally, this should be set to headset only especially when using the X12.

As for the issues with sound, if it is your TV not producing the sound, check the settings on the TV. Make sure the connections are appropriate. You said you are using Composite, that means the standard Yellow video cable should be connected and the Red and
    White audio cables need to be connected to the corresponding audio for that Video cable. Some TVs, such as my family's still strong Tube TV have 3 auxiliary sources all of which use the Composite Yellow Video cable. Make sure, if you have multiple inputs for
    video, that the audio cables are connected to the correct coresponding source. For example, your TV may have Video 1 and Video 2 but if the video is connected to Video 1 and the audio to Video 2, then you will receive only Video when on Video 1 and only Audio
    when on Video 2.

I'm sorry if any of this is redundant or obvious for you but the first part of this message (the 4 questions above) will better help me in assisting you further. Otherwise I'm slightly confused as to what your second post is saying. As a note, when I say game
    audio, test out a game to be sure. Check to make sure volume is on on devices as well.
  3. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Tritton Warhead Headset

The headset will be able to play game audio but will not connect to the console for chat
  4. JoeyVega1 Win User

Xbox Mic not working after December Update

Yes I connected them directly, controllers are up to date, I can hear audio and voice chat, same with the new headset, it's only the mic that isn't registering, I test it in party chat showing my headset is connected, it doesn't highlight when I talk even
    in game chat
  5. TobyHoover Win User

Headset ?

To answer your question yes, but please read the whole post: Turtle Beach said:

Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../344

Microsoft says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

See:
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  6. TobyHoover Win User

Will The Turtle Beach X32 Be Compatible with the new Xbox One Headset Adapter?

If you do not have the RCA out, the only way this would work is if the Headset uses the Optical Out of the ONE

To get in to details Turtle Beach Says: Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../58

Microsoft Says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
Thema:

No game chat audio when Headset is connected

1. No game chat audio when Headset is connected - Similar Threads - game chat audio

2. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  3. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  4. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  5. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  6. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  7. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  8. How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?: I’ve been trying to find a concrete answer, but there doesn’t seem to be one. I want to be able to record the game/party chat audio in my Xbox clips. Watching back the clips with only the basic...
  9. Xbox one not recording audio from fortnite game chat clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recording audio from fortnite game chat clips: I've looked for a solution everywhere and I couldn't find any. Please fix this or provide a solution because i've tried everything 6aa31784-29f5-45a0-adee-993cd2c3bba9
  10. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064