No game audio through headset

Discus and support No game audio through headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having issues with the audio output on my Steel Series Arctis 9X headset when connecting it to my PC while gaming. I figured out how to make it my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BreyerAlan, Nov 6, 2021.

1. BreyerAlan
    BreyerAlan Guest

I am having issues with the audio output on my Steel Series Arctis 9X headset when connecting it to my PC while gaming. I figured out how to make it my primary headphone output and microphone input. And it works fine when in Discord and playing a steam game or anything else. But when I try to use “Win+G” or the Xbox Companion app to be in an xbox party and play a game at the same time, I can only hear the audio of the party and nothing in the game. I have searched the settings of the game, the xbox app and the computer settings. I would like to play Sea of Thieves with my friends on the xbox but cannot enjoy the full game with sound because of this. Please help

:)

BreyerAlan, Nov 6, 2021
  2. jcsheehan Win User

the newer 3.5mm controller

The chat headset is designed to only give you chat audio, and leave game audio coming through your television.

Any other headset will give you both game and chat audio through the headset, whether you use the new controller or the older version with the headset adapter.
  3. LSpear76 Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

4. WorldsEmpire Win User

Xbox streaming

my audio from headset is coming through but no game audio.
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
  6. TEST F0R ECH0 Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Actually the chat adapter that they are selling as of today does send both game audio and chat audio. There are even two buttons on the adapter itself that you can use to adjust the game audio vs chat audio percentage. The new Polk headset and the two
    new Turtle Beach X1 headsets get all game and chat audio through the new stereo headset adapter that was released today.

I imagine that your modified version of the adapter is actually a much better solution for 3rd party headset users, because it was modified off of the chat microphone and adapter that came with the X1. It was designed to just deliver chat audio back and
    forth.

Now that Microsoft has gone down the road of both game and chat audio coming through the controller and adapter, it has changed the playing field. It is great if you use a headset that doesn't have any other audio signal coming to your headset.

Also, I did look through the link above. It is where I got the idea to turn game audio to 0% and chat audio to 100% coming through the adapter. Thanks for the idea though.
Thema:

1. No game audio through headset - Similar Threads - game audio through

2. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  3. 24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...: Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. Now this might be an loss of features on xbox because I was getting sound from games through the headset and now the chat mixer is no longer...
  4. Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I launch a multiplayer game through PC game pass, the audio gets very distorted: Hi, I currently have a custom built PC and am using PC Game Pass for most of my games, but every time I launch a multiplayer game like sea of thieves, my audio shoots up to max when it was...
  5. Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...: Last night i was not having this issue but it has seemed to arise an I have tried to fix it multiple times and nothing has worked. I cant use Headset chat mixer because its greyed out so that's...
  6. How do I get game audio through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get game audio through my headset?: I have recently gotten an Xbox One S and I don't understand why my game audio only comes from my TV instead of my headset, I've checked all the settings but there seems to be nothing there that...
  7. I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...: I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every setting but I could be wrong, is there an easy fix to this. 6acb0d12-3960-409f-9a07-41d9951cabf4
  8. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c
  9. Game Audio Sounds Fine But No Voice Playing Through TV?

in XboX Insiders
    Game Audio Sounds Fine But No Voice Playing Through TV?: Hi there I’ve been surfing Reddit the past week or so looking to finally fix a problem I’ve been having. I have a rather old Samsung tv with a Series S. I decided to play without my headset and...
  10. No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers: I have my audio output set to both headset and speakers. When I do this, the party audio is low quality and I have zero game audio in my headset. The headset chat mixer is set between game and...