No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless...

Discus and support No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently bought the Xbox wireless headset for my series x. At first everything was fine…5.1 surround system working fine when headset is off, and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Veal Parm Hero, Dec 3, 2022.

1. No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless...

Recently bought the Xbox wireless headset for my series x. At first everything was fine…5.1 surround system working fine when headset is off, and then sound via headset once I turn that on. After about a week, I started to have an issue where even when my headset is turned off, the Xbox will not output digital surround sound via hdmi and I can only get a stereo signal. When I go to settings, the option to adjust audio output setting is locked out and it says I cannot use that feature while the headphone is connected (even though the headset is currently powered off). Any fix for this ?

:)

Veal Parm Hero, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless headset.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Veal, this is really weird it should release this option with the headset off.

You've tried some procedure on the console like a reset keeping games and Apps, and also update the Headset firmware if you haven't tried to follow the procedures below.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

Xbox Accessories

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-ac...
  3. The Lion Turtle Win User

XB1 Surround Sound Issue

4. GaryWinteringham Win User

So how are we meant to use speakers with the Xbox One?

My T.V only has digital audio output and my surround sound only has analog intput so i bought a digital to analog audio converter, so i have my xbox connected to my tv via HDMI then the digital audio out from the tv to the converter, then finally from the
    converter to my surround sound via a L/R AUX cable. That's how i get sound from the xbox to speakers.
  5. MisterFizzle Win User

Xbox 360 and Digital Optical Audio

Hi Rusbr,

So from your last post

- When the Xbox 360 connects directly to the Sound Bar, the the output audio format is Dolby Digital

- When the Xbox 360 connects to my HDTV, and then the HDTV outputs analog audio to the Sound Bar
    It sounds like you have workable solutions to your sound system right?

I may be misunderstanding something but I'm a little confused on where the issue lies. Since you're using a 5.1 surround sound system, the Dolby Digital 5.1 should be your best option for that set-up.
  6. EagleK23 Win User

Nov 2012 update causing issues with my 360

The Nov 27 update seems to have killed digital audio output from my 360.

The boot sound effect when the xbox logo comes up still works in full surround, but all sounds after that no longer work through the fiber optic digital audio output.
Thema:

No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless...

1. No digital surround sound output from Xbox series X ever since connecting Xbox wireless... - Similar Threads - digital surround sound

2. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  3. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  4. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  5. Microsoft Digital Safety email

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft Digital Safety email: Violation of our policy Hello [My Full Name], Content associated with your account was reported to Microsoft as violating our terms, policy, or laws. The details are as follows: Service or...
  6. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  7. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  8. Is Truck racer digital region locked?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Truck racer digital region locked?: I have an NTSC console in the UK. If I purchase a digital game in the UK (Truck racer in particular), will it work or will it be region locked? 030a41a9-7df5-4d6a-8504-86ce49a924df
  9. Add game to Xbox digital store

in XBoX on Windows
    Add game to Xbox digital store: Could y’all add the old Lord of the Rings games like: lord of the rings conquest Lord of the rings third age Lord of the rings return of the king/two towers/fellowship for the ring These games...
  10. My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...: I tried to use it in the Microsoft store but it’s not 25 letters long. My friends dad bought it from the Microsoft store. 2b78c02e-f65b-4fe5-8926-3bc959df3f4d