no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work

Discus and support no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; never had this problem until today when i got home. can’t connect any controller and the sync button will not work on the console. i had to use my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/restorilsx, May 17, 2023.

1. no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work

never had this problem until today when i got home. can’t connect any controller and the sync button will not work on the console. i had to use my phone to update the console via the remote control app. i unplugged all the wires from the console to let it reset but still nothing.

submitted by /u/restorilsx
    [link] [comments]

/u/restorilsx, May 17, 2023
  2. Maxycase Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Is the controller new? has it been working before?

Try to press the sync button on the controller and the Xbox console. More details can be found here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
    I bought it used froma friend he had it working on his console but when I got it the sync button was pushed in all the way. Then I opened up the contoller to find the sync button has completely broken off and rattles around in my contoller so pressing the
    sync button on my controller is not possible
  3. John P_14 Win User

Controller Sync

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It sounds like you may have encountered a problem with your Xbox One controller and your console. If the sync button on your controller is not working, you may need to try a few different troubleshooting steps to get it to connect to your console. One thing you can try is to reset the controller by removing the batteries, then pressing and holding the sync button on the controller for about 3 seconds, and then reinserting the batteries and pressing the sync button again. This will put the controller into pairing mode, and you should be able to connect it to your console.

If that doesn't work, you can try connecting the controller to your console using a USB cable. This should allow you to sync the controller to your console, even if the sync button is not working.

If none of these options work, it's possible that the controller is damaged and will need to be repaired or replaced.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox one console not connecting to controllers!

connect the controller to the console with a USB cable, turn controller on hit the sync button. The controller should sync to the console and you can then disconnect the USB cable. If it doesn't work on one USB port try a different one.
  5. Aubreysmith1 Win User

Xbox one controller failed update, keeps flashing

Restart the console Connect the controller again using the console and the connection button on the controller then it should work.
    I already tried the sync button on the remote but nothing( it only keeps on flashing,slowly)

I will try it again
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox controller won’t stay on longer then 3-5 seconds

While the controller is flashing, press the sync button on both the controller and console to re-sync the connection. Try this while the controller is wired to the console with a USB cord.
Thema:

no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work

1. no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work - Similar Threads - controller connect sync

2. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  3. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  6. My controller connects to Xbox but then slow flashes slower then sync and dosnt stop

in XBoX on Windows
    My controller connects to Xbox but then slow flashes slower then sync and dosnt stop: My Xbox and controller connect to each other then after a while it starts to slow flash like slower then when u click the button to sync it to the Xbox I’ve tryed other controller same issue and...
  7. controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.: I’m experiencing a controller-console issue. my controller has had stickdrift over the past week or so and i decided to try and fix it. without any tools i used simple methods like gently hitting...
  8. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...
  9. How do you connect a 3rd party Xbox controller to PC using a Wireless adapter without sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect a 3rd party Xbox controller to PC using a Wireless adapter without sync...: Hello, I am experiencing difficulty connecting my Xbox controller to my PC through the wireless adapter. The user manual instructs me to press the sync button on both devices to pair them, but the...
  10. My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...: I’ve tried many usb cable and looked up so many tutorials and I haven’t found thing of use 90fef901-bf11-4bef-b184-3c2184662ffc