No boot up when usb device plugged into xbox 360

Discus and support No boot up when usb device plugged into xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all. This subject has probably been broached a few times but genuinely I cannot find a fix. Situation: 1. Wired controller plugged in to the LEFT... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JawZ0202, Jan 3, 2014.

1. JawZ0202
    JawZ0202 Guest

Hi all. This subject has probably been broached a few times but genuinely I cannot find a fix.

Situation:

1. Wired controller plugged in to the LEFT usb port.

2. Push the power button on the xbox.

3. Light on power pack (brick) turns ORANGE instantly.

4. Remove controller. Disconnect power supply from wall. Wait a few seconds and reconnect the power.

5. Push the power button (without the contrlloer connected). System boots fine.

6. Reconnect the controller to the LEFT usb port and power pack light turns orange shutting down the consol.

7. If the RIGHT usb port is used there is no issue.

Obviously this is a usb issue but I cannot find a fix. One fix is to go wireless but if I can avoid the expense I'll be grateful for any help proffered.

Thanks in advance

Graham

:)

JawZ0202, Jan 3, 2014
  2. PNY USB Flash Drive Issue---need help PLEASE

Hello SignatorySpoon !

IrayDawg is right, Attempting to plug the USB device into another Xbox 360 console Could be an option for rescuing your save data. Although, I also have data on two flash drives. Once, i plugged one of those into my back USB port on my Xbox slim, It didn't
    show up as a storage device, yet when i put it in the front it did. Made me wonder whether Storage Devices could only be attached and accessed through the front USB ports, but i have no confirmation of whether this is actually true.

Bearded Goliath, Jan 3, 2014
  3. mrbofus_
    mrbofus_ Guest
    Xbox 360 won't boot with USB external hard drive connected

I forgot to mention, we have another 500GB drive that works fine. The Xbox 360 boots up just fine with the 500GB drive attached. I've also tested it with a 32GB flash drive and it boots up fine with that too. It seems to just be the 1TB drive that it
    has an issue with, only on the boot. We have nothing else plugged into the USB ports.

mrbofus_, Jan 3, 2014
  4. MaakmeGek Win User

Won't start up

I have the same problem! Since the second to last Insider update my Xbox won't turn on after an update attempt during the night. Power brick is bright orange, while the Xbox is in instant on power mode. When I press the xbox logo it tries to play the start
    up tune but it doesn't and nothing happens. Only way to get it to boot is to unplug the power brick, let it rest for a while, unplug all USB devices and plug the power brick back in. After booting up, manually start the update again, and when it's finished
    plug all USB devices back in. And after that I have no problem booting anymore untill the next update attempt during the night.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

usb 3.0

If you are asking if you can plug a USB 3.0 device into the Xbox 360, then yes, you can (in most cases).

Keep in mind that the Xbox 360 only has USB 2.0 ports. USB 3.0 devices typically operate at USB 2.0 speeds when they're connected into USB 2.0 ports.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Won't Connect to Internet or Live?

Do you have a hard drive or usb sticks plugged in? If so, try removing them and restart the console. If it boots up, replace one of the storage devices and repeat the procedure.

If the console boots up without them but does not with one of them in, then that is more than likely the culprit.
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

80151011 help

Hey Wrench. Just plug a Xbox 360 formatted USB stick into your console, and when you go to download your profile, select the USB stick as your storage device.
  8. NF Jedi Win User

COD: Bo2 Downloading DLC Issues:

You can try formatting the device you are trying to use. Sometimes when you plug a usb device to the 360 you have to go to your memory settings and select configure device so it will set it up as a storage device for your Xbox360.
Thema:

1. No boot up when usb device plugged into xbox 360 - Similar Threads - boot usb device

2. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  3. Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.: I have everything updated, i uninstalled everything and reinstalled it twice. I'm trying to play death loop o my pc. But all my games on the xbox app dont work. I have been at this for hours. Why...
  4. I got booted off, Ddosed

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got booted off, Ddosed: Hi so basically someone got my IP and they said that they would boot me off or ddos me or whatever My connection started lagging, my router was being offline all kind of stuff but now that...
  5. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in XBoX on Windows
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help. 74318dbb-6647-4220-827a-50d78e8cd7ea
  6. HoloLense2 stuck on windows loading screen and not booting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HoloLense2 stuck on windows loading screen and not booting.: My hololense 2 is stuck on windows loading screen, it stays there for a few minutes and then crashes. It does not detect my fingers and/or hands. I have tried to hard reset it. Need help...
  7. Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot: Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes immediately i don't know what it is, i bought the game from Microsoft store and i tried reinstalling it, I updated everything {so all my laptops drivers and...
  8. Cant boot stuck on e102 and need a copy of latest dash to do usb update

in XboX Insiders
    Cant boot stuck on e102 and need a copy of latest dash to do usb update: Getting e102 on power up ... looking to get a copy of the latest dash to do usb update part of the preview program skip ahead .. can anyone help? submitted by /u/Gunnersxbox [link] [comments]
  9. XBox One Controller won't boot via powered USB cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller won't boot via powered USB cable: To save myself the headache of batteries I've always used a micro usb wall power charger on my controller but since I did the controller update to make my XO7s work that no longer is the case....
  10. unable to boot from USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to boot from USB: I'm holding the BIND and EJECT buttons and pressing the xbox button on the console to boot from a USB like the site tells me to do but i'm not getting anything from it, it's supposed to make 2...