No backwards compatabilty has ruined my life

Discus and support No backwards compatabilty has ruined my life in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A lighthearted thread turned into a grammar argument. I personally thought the original post was funny, no need to point out the grammar mistakes.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xPsycoticBreakx, Jan 5, 2014.

1. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest

A lighthearted thread turned into a grammar argument.

I personally thought the original post was funny, no need to point out the grammar mistakes. (God knows I make a lot)

DWoodbine, Jan 5, 2014
  2. [quote user="Saber Sh4dow"]

After reading far too many threads about this, I wanted to join the ranks of all the unappeasable customers. For 1,
    I think its an absolute disgrace that the xbox one has no cartridge slots in it to play my atari, my snes, my sega mega drive games. It just seems I am unable to hold on to the past and
    those 'good old times', my loft has just become a consoles and boxes of games graveyard.

-

I feel completely betrayed by this next generation of technology. No longer can I walk with dinosaurs and revel in my lack of life aside from gaming. Did they not consider
    the 'little knowledge of technology man' when designing the xb1? God forbid the endless hours I have put in to my cartridge games and all that joy is taken from me with one foul swoop by
    the xbox one, combined with my stubborn refusal to just keep the old console(s) for when I do become nostalgic.

-

I am starting to realise it's actually a personal vendetta against me, therfore I must rant with the others about backwards compatibility
    as a tear rolls from my face and drips on to that lonely box of cartridges with no home anymore.

[/quote]

Since Bizzarro <sp> and others have so kindly pointed out a few corrections, I decided I'd do my part in helping and just correct a few things for the OP. My corrections are colored differently for the sake of clarity. =) (BTW, this post is in light-hearted
    fun... no need to get all cranky about grammar, geez)

A Blue Illusion, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Yes, i went too far. I don't apologize and I'll probably do it again any moment now. No backwards compatabilty has ruined my life :p

BizarroMantis, Jan 5, 2014
  4. No backwards compatabilty has ruined my life

Hardcore Team Deathmatch - Troll Confirmed!

Unreal Warfare, Jan 5, 2014
  5. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    It's ok I never listen to bizarro mantis replays normally there full of you know what (not gunna swear) and for someone with her level and badge I'd expect better replays. Mantis this is a gaming forum not a class room, I couldn't give two flying monkeys
    what you or anyone else think of my spelling. I have something wrong u see where I forget stuff sometimes I find it hard to spell the smallest of words yet sometimes I help other people with spelling. What does annoy me is the fact I can always read replays
    no matter how bad the spelling is yet you seem to find it hard, did you even go to school!!

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Well to "replay", I didn't intend for it to be a big debate vG, that's for sure. Let's just move on. To get things back on track, yes, I agree that too many people complain about the lack of backwards compatibility with the X1, and I can understand why
    MS chose not to. When I got a 360 I lost interest in my original Xbox games. I still kept my Xbox and still have it on a shelf with my Gamecube. I haven't been able to get rid of the thing. The only game I really remember is KOTOR. No backwards compatabilty has ruined my life :p

7. Why would Microsoft make the Xbox One so it can play games made for other consoles? I am very happy with the way the Xbox One has been made, it should not have a cartridge slot for console like the sega mega drive. You might as well say the PS4 should have
    one as well, wish people would stop posting threads like this.

IAmProjectAlice, Jan 5, 2014
  8. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

I played SNES and N64 without able played past gen games.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 5, 2014
  9. [quote user="IAmProjectAlice"]

Why would Microsoft make the Xbox One so it can play games made for other consoles? I am very happy with the way the Xbox One has been made, it should not have a cartridge slot for console like the sega mega drive. You might as well say the PS4 should have

[/quote]

It's a very weak joke.

10. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    Yes mantis agree doesn't ur badge mean u keep topics on track

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 5, 2014
  11. [quote user="vG Ghostz"]

[/quote]

No...that's a check mark icon. Mine is from GamerchiX. I checked out their website about 8 years ago and was forever marked.

12. Im so sorry about my speeling as its only recent we have moved out of caves.

xPsycoticBreakx, Oct 31, 2018
  13. BizarroMantis Win User

[quote user="IAmProjectAlice"]

Why would Microsoft make the Xbox One so it can play games made for other consoles? I am very happy with the way the Xbox One has been made, it should not have a cartridge slot for console like the sega mega drive. You might as well say the PS4 should have

[/quote]

It's a very weak joke.
  14. Unreal Warfare Win User

Hardcore Team Deathmatch - Troll Confirmed!
  15. BizarroMantis Win User

well it's,hard to read,when you use commas,in a strange way like,this. And then,when you throw,in missssspellins,in it,makes,it,paneful, very paneful,to reed. Pweeze,try,to fix these,pwoblems,imedatelee.
  16. N7 Gh0stz Win User

17. bananahead81 Win User

Shut the f up about spelling and punctuation in disposable, "read once" posts on a game console forum. It might make you feel good about yourself but it makes you look like a degenerate.
Thema:

1. No backwards compatabilty has ruined my life - Similar Threads - backwards compatabilty has

2. Xbox Series X backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X backwards compatibility: My question is simple. Would it be possible to include an option upon installing a game that is on both the xbox one and series x like fallout 4 for example with its recent ng update to let us...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  4. Any Chance These Missing Games become available (Backwards Compatible; Remaster/Remake/Reboot)?

in XboX Insiders
    Any Chance These Missing Games become available (Backwards Compatible; Remaster/Remake/Reboot)?: Alter Echo Army of Two: The 40th Day (EA) Army of Two: Devil’s Cartel (EA) Batman: Arkham Origins* Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (Activision) Cold Fear (Ubisoft) Condemned 2: Bloodshot (Sega)...
  5. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  6. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  7. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  8. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  9. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  10. problem with old fifa game backward compatibility

in XboX Insiders
    problem with old fifa game backward compatibility: Hello, I have an old fifa 10 360 disc in perfect condition Ms support says If I have the disc I can play offline however I can't install it when I put the disc into my xbox Series x. submitted by...