No audio when HDMI-CEC is turned on on my receiver

Discus and support No audio when HDMI-CEC is turned on on my receiver in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Having an odd issue when I have HDMI-CEC turned on on my receiver. About 50% of the time if I use the "Xbox On" command I will not get sound... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MilkDud-3D5E049C-F782-48EB-A69D-685D85366684, Jan 5, 2014.

1. No audio when HDMI-CEC is turned on on my receiver

Hi all,

Having an odd issue when I have HDMI-CEC turned on on my receiver. About 50% of the time if I use the "Xbox On" command I will not get sound through my surround sound system. Oddly enough, in these instances, the sound will come through my TV instead.
    I can fix this by restarting the receiver or shutting off HDMI-CEC on the receiver. Neither is really an ideal solution though.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

:)

MilkDud-3D5E049C-F782-48EB-A69D-685D85366684, Jan 5, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    xbox one's tv abilities?

ARC is Audio Return Channel. It allows a TV's audio to be sent back to the attached receiver via the HDMI Out of the receiver instead of having to run a separate audio line from the TV to the receiver. It's intended for use when using a TV's internal tuner
    via an attached antenna or cable source.

HDMI CEC is what allows your TV's remote to control other components without actually programming the remote with the code for the other devices.

HDMI CEC pre-dates ARC by several revisions. Unfortunately, few things take advantage of it.

IceStorm III, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Swizzlerz
    Swizzlerz Guest
    Please bring support my Lg 3d Blue Ray Suround Sound System

update- I have tried a few other lg options for audio receiver. I can mute and unmute typically.. I have turned off my TV's auto shut down feature for any HDMI-CEC Anynet devices. this is what turned the receiver off in the last statement.

when I say xbox turn off and yes. I see my tv shut off as well as my xbox one. What I also see is a red flash on my audio receiver as it gets a code. this code does not turn off my receiver. So I know they are communicating just not perfectly yet. No audio when HDMI-CEC is turned on on my receiver :(
    hope someday this is resolved.. any help is appreciated.

Swizzlerz, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Thundercleetz Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

Don't count on Microsoft adding HDMI-CEC. That would require you to turn on your cable box first and not the X1. And that assuming cable boxes have HDMI-CEC capabilities (I don't have cable so I don't know, but my HD antenna converter box does not support
    CEC). Unless they somehow send a distinct IR signal to the cable box and use HDMI-CEC through the X1 to the TV/audio receiver. And isn't HDMI-CEC send the signal up to turn on and comes down to turn off. Wouldn't that mean you'd turn your X1 on to turn your
    entertainment systems all on and have to turn your TV off to turn everything off?
  5. IceStorm III Win User

xbox one's tv abilities?

ARC is Audio Return Channel. It allows a TV's audio to be sent back to the attached receiver via the HDMI Out of the receiver instead of having to run a separate audio line from the TV to the receiver. It's intended for use when using a TV's internal tuner
    via an attached antenna or cable source.

HDMI CEC is what allows your TV's remote to control other components without actually programming the remote with the code for the other devices.

HDMI CEC pre-dates ARC by several revisions. Unfortunately, few things take advantage of it.
  6. CPT RAVE Win User

XBOX Series X Audio intermittent with A/V receiver

Update, I disabled eARC and HDMI ON to OFF on the Denon receiver. And on the TV, I also disabled eARC. On the Xbox series X I disabled CEC and ever since then I haven't had an issue with the audio. I did notice when I enabled CEC on the Xbox, and choosing Dolby Atmos I lost audio intermittently, so I just left CEC off. Unfortunately I have to use 3 controllers to turn everything on now. Now I can choose different audio formats with no audio loss.
  7. AsHperson Win User

Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

Just any random device? How does this work extensively? Does this just enable CEC on the primary HDMI out or is there some weird trick to plugging in my receiver to the HDMI in on the xbox and the input turns into the output but with HDMI CEC?
  8. Swizzlerz Win User

Please bring support my Lg 3d Blue Ray Suround Sound System

update- I have tried a few other lg options for audio receiver. I can mute and unmute typically.. I have turned off my TV's auto shut down feature for any HDMI-CEC Anynet devices. this is what turned the receiver off in the last statement.

when I say xbox turn off and yes. I see my tv shut off as well as my xbox one. What I also see is a red flash on my audio receiver as it gets a code. this code does not turn off my receiver. So I know they are communicating just not perfectly yet. :(
    hope someday this is resolved.. any help is appreciated.
Thema:

No audio when HDMI-CEC is turned on on my receiver

1. No audio when HDMI-CEC is turned on on my receiver - Similar Threads - audio HDMI CEC

2. I’ve tried 3 different tvs and 3 different HDMI cables to try and fix my Xbox audio from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve tried 3 different tvs and 3 different HDMI cables to try and fix my Xbox audio from...: Is my sound chip faulty, and if so, does Microsoft still do repairs on the Xbox one? 96510a5e-07a6-4d81-ac7b-84e5b36b33d0
  3. Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI: My One X crapped out on me, it had the optical port that I used to hook up to my Bose speaker. I just got the Series s and notice it doesn’t have an optical port. So i ordered an HDMI/optical...
  4. Why isn't my hdmi audio working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my hdmi audio working?: [img] My audio used to always work through hdmi to my monitor and now this is showing up, I've tried switching cable and playing around with the settings but nothing is working. any ideas on how...
  5. Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital: I am running a 5.1 Sonos sound system through ARC HDMI into my TV. I have an Xbox One and Series X in other HDMI ports of my TV. Xbox One is correctly showing 5.1 and Dolby Digital as options for...
  6. Xbox one not allowed to select hdmi audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one not allowed to select hdmi audio: My xbox one console I noticed had no sound. I check in the audio settings and it was set to optical audio out. It will not let me select hdmi audio, that opton is greyed out. On the general volume...
  7. Weird issue. When "HDMI Audio" is set to "Headset Format", FIFA 22 commentaries are muted...

in XboX Insiders
    Weird issue. When "HDMI Audio" is set to "Headset Format", FIFA 22 commentaries are muted...: Never experienced this issue and I play FIFA every year. When HDMI Audio is set to stereo, there's no problem at all. Only when headset is chosen. Maybe a Dolby Atmos issue when recording saving...
  8. Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X: On windows 10 or 11 there is an audio option to change hdmi audio from DVD quality audio to studio Quality audio why is there no option like that on the Xbox series X asking because Dolby audio on...
  9. Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo: TLDR: Earbuds in the Xbox controller 3.5mm jack (for chat audio only) = no home theater 5.1.2 audio via HDMI. I've reported this issue through the console, but wanted to make a post here to see...
  10. Xbox doesn't turn off HDMI audio when a Headset is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't turn off HDMI audio when a Headset is connected: When will the Xbox manage to switch between audio outputs instead of using all of them at the same time ? People who need that for recording should have the option to activate it manually....