no audio in video apps (youtube, netflix, etc) and no music in rocket league since opening...

Discus and support no audio in video apps (youtube, netflix, etc) and no music in rocket league since opening... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm not sure what has happened here. I first noticed that Rocket League music has become silent or occasionally barely audible. I did recently open up... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/honestbleeps, Mar 23, 2020.

1. no audio in video apps (youtube, netflix, etc) and no music in rocket league since opening...

I'm not sure what has happened here. I first noticed that Rocket League music has become silent or occasionally barely audible. I did recently open up the Dolby Atmos app as I wanted to run a test video to check that my speakers were all working well after physically moving one, but that's all I had "changed" or done when the music stopped playing well. It seems maybe related? Places I can't hear audio:

• Youtube
    • Youtube TV
    • Netflix
    • Microsoft Store (trailers play with no audio - and YES I've made sure I checked the setting on autoplay trailers with audio - it's on)
    • Music in Rocket League... but not other games. Works fine in Forza Horizon 4.

Turns out in rocket league it's not always silent, but when I can hear it it's coming ONLY from my upfiring atmos speakers and maybe a bit from my center channel - very quietly. I've got a 5.1.2 setup that was working fine yesterday.

I've tried the following tweaks / troubleshooting steps: - rocket league audio settings - output type is "speakers" and dynamic range is "Default" though I've tried both high/low (before realizing it wasn't just Rocket League) - quitting / restarting rocket league multiple times - rebooting the xbox entirely - trying other games to ensure music plays properly (it does, tried Forza Horizon 4, also played a blu ray disc, etc) - I've tried changing Xbox audio settings between 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, and bitstream / Atmos (it was originally on 7.1 uncompressed when working fine) - uninstalled the Dolby Atmos App - tried resetting all of my video settings, too...

My setup, which has been unchanged for a long time, is: - a 4k LG TV - Denon AVR-X2300W receiver - speakers: 3 front speakers (left/right/center) plus 2 upfiring speakers (front-left/front-right), subwoofer, 2 rear speakers - xbox one x, of course

I can't figure out why audio plays fine (in full, glorious surround) in things like the Xbox boot animation, Forza Horizon 4, Rocket League gameplay -- but NOT rocket league music, youtube, youtube TV, etc..

I've tried everything and I'm stuck. I wonder if it's insider related or not? Not sure. Currently I'm in "Preview beta", in case that's helpful.

submitted by /u/honestbleeps
    [link] [comments]

/u/honestbleeps, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Awesomerrificus Win User

Dell accidentally leak Win 8 apps for Xbox One?

I use apps on my 360 daily, e.g. Netflix, IE, HBO Go, Xbox Music, Xbox Video, Video Player, Media Center, etc.
  3. Major Kilowatt Win User

suggestion to support ....

1. Youtube is a feature coming to xbox this december. It will take the form of an app just like the "Netflix" and "Hulu+" apps. As for browsing the internet, that is still in the air...

2. You can already play/stream music and videos to your xbox 360. As of right now you can only burn music from a disk or you can place the music/videos on a thumb drive.
  4. Lucky 1 Win User

Xbox Bing Search of Live TV?

I don't think the netflix, hulu, etc... apps are compatible with the bing search yet. It seems to always return xbox video and music results for me.
  5. Unknowngamer1st Win User

What is your favorite music in games?

the music play list in not that bad in rocket league.
  6. xBEATDOWNSx Win User

Gaming ambiance

Depends on the game.

Games like Killing Floor 2, Rocket League, Smite, etc etc.. I don't need the game audio and will play spotify or a record. But more team based games like Siege, PUBG, Dead by Daylight, i need the game audio
Thema:

no audio in video apps (youtube, netflix, etc) and no music in rocket league since opening...

1. no audio in video apps (youtube, netflix, etc) and no music in rocket league since opening... - Similar Threads - audio video apps

2. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue: I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and...
  3. Youtube app audio de-synchronizing with video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Youtube app audio de-synchronizing with video: Watching videos that are longer than one hour lead to the audio becoming desynchronized with the video slowly to a point where it becomes unwatchable. it seems like this has been an issue for...
  4. The youtube app still has the audio/video desync?

in XboX Insiders
    The youtube app still has the audio/video desync?: So the Audio/Video bug still exists where the video plays slower than the audio and I have to constantly pause it for the video to catch up. This bug has been around for a while it seems and is...
  5. No audio on video streaming sites on updated Xbox Edge app

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio on video streaming sites on updated Xbox Edge app: On certain video streaming sites (the free ones with copies of each video on multiple servers) there is no longer any audio for the videos. This is a recent problem, only having come about with...
  6. Video and Audio Streaming ONLY! Option (NOT) Remote Play! In New Game Streaming App (beta)!

in XboX Insiders
    Video and Audio Streaming ONLY! Option (NOT) Remote Play! In New Game Streaming App (beta)!: Please add the ability to the new xbox game streaming app (beta) allowing us to simply stream the games video and audio ONLY! Without forcing us to connect a bluetooth enabled controller and...
  7. Amazon Video Xbox App - Controller goes to sleep with wired headphones and I lose audio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Video Xbox App - Controller goes to sleep with wired headphones and I lose audio.: Whenever you are watching video with wired headphones or earbuds on the Amazon Video app on Xbox, the controller goes to sleep and kills your audio after about 15 or 20 minutes. The app used to...
  8. Audio delay (lag) only on Amazon Prime Video app

in XboX Insiders
    Audio delay (lag) only on Amazon Prime Video app: I've seen elsewhere to 'uncheck 24hz' but that has not worked. I've unchecked 50hz also, but the sound is unwatchably delayed. Sound in all other apps is fine. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  9. Xbox Streaming app has audio, but it doesn't have a video.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Streaming app has audio, but it doesn't have a video.: The title pretty much says it all. Here's what it looks like. [img] I can hear the game and home audio. But, there's no video. Please help. :( 5e9c82af-1435-412d-ba4e-15a8aced1804
  10. Amazon Video App Audio Out of Sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Video App Audio Out of Sync: Having issues with Amazon App on my Xbox One. It is the only thing on my Xbox that has Audio Sync problems. I have no issues with games, netflix, TV, youtube ect. Amazon Video App is the only...