No audio from Xbox through headset but I can hear game chat

Discus and support No audio from Xbox through headset but I can hear game chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So last night I was playing a game and between searching for matches the game audio stopped working, I tried all the trouble shooting methods suggested... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RossJoyce, Dec 4, 2021.

1. RossJoyce
    RossJoyce Guest

So last night I was playing a game and between searching for matches the game audio stopped working, I tried all the trouble shooting methods suggested by the manufacturer (Razer) it’s not working with anything on the Xbox not even in the home pages. I have tried to pair it with another device and it’s the same issue. I know the headset is working because I can hear game chat just no other audio. Any suggestions?

The device is Razor Thresure wireless gaming headset

:)

RossJoyce, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Haunted Spider Win User

What do you use as a mic in game?

Azrael, the solution you provide is a lackluster solution. I stated the reason why above but so you don't have to go all the way to the top and read it again, I will re explain the issue.

The xbox one does not have the same feature that the xbox 360 has, which is the chat through speaker and headset. So, I have a polk audio Melee headset but it is connected to my xbox one with an Optical audio and a USB cable. this powers the headset and
    gives it audio from the game and chat. The xbox one looks at the optical out as speakers as most will use this port for running a sound system or something along those lines.

Now when you connect the xbox provided headset, it takes the chat from your team mates that used to go through the speakers and runs it through the headset, being the xbox one provided headset. What this means is the headset I am wearing to hear the game,
    the Polk Audio Melee that the xbox one registers as speakers, no longer gets game chat.

If xbox one had the play through speakers and headset option, there would be no issue, but they don't so I can either put the xbox one headset on and not hear the game, or put the one headset around my neck, and let my teammates hear me but me not hear them.

So your solution did not actually work.
  3. RossJoyce Win User

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately this didn’t work, I’m thinking that possibly there had been an update within the Microsoft platform and Razer has yet to catch up. I just find it really odd that party chat is working fine
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Ross welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Try the following steps!

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
  5. RossJoyce Win User

Thank for your help, the advise you gave me was good though it didn’t work. fortunately today my headset has randomly started working. Thanks for your help I’ll remember all of those steps in the future if I have and other issues
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

It's a high possible actually, but before we give up try something stronger just in case!

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
Thema:

1. No audio from Xbox through headset but I can hear game chat - Similar Threads - audio through headset

2. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...
  3. 24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 NOV 2023 Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. How to fix this when it used...: Game audio no longer comes through GS101 headset. Now this might be an loss of features on xbox because I was getting sound from games through the headset and now the chat mixer is no longer...
  4. No audio through wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through wireless headset: I might be highly uneducated on this topic and this question might sound really stupid, but here we go. I'm trying to connect a wireless USB headset to my Xbox One S console. I've connected the...
  5. No audio through series S controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through series S controller headset: I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it also comes through the tv speakers fine....
  6. Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One: I recently was in discord on Xbox when I started having issues with my Xbox Discord. Suddenly all audio on my Xbox disappeared through my headset, except for my friends in Discord call. If I...
  7. How do I get game audio through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get game audio through my headset?: I have recently gotten an Xbox One S and I don't understand why my game audio only comes from my TV instead of my headset, I've checked all the settings but there seems to be nothing there that...
  8. No Audio is working and coming through my headset but party chat works fine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Audio is working and coming through my headset but party chat works fine?: My audio is not coming through my headset only my party chat comes through. I've tried everything on settings and audio / headset format (tried everything) and also updated my controller...
  9. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c
  10. When i use my headset i can hear the audio, but i can also still hear it through the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i use my headset i can hear the audio, but i can also still hear it through the...: I am using my headset i just bought but when i am listening i can hear through my headset the things i want to hear but i can still hear them through my tv. 0eb2d0ee-c017-4de9-83a2-bf3d2ccd1595