No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S

Discus and support No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have read and searched a number of topics regarding an issue with the XBox One S not having the option in the settings to do anything with "Cloud... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EldritchFyre, Dec 26, 2022.

  1. EldritchFyre
    EldritchFyre Guest

    No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S


    I have read and searched a number of topics regarding an issue with the XBox One S not having the option in the settings to do anything with "Cloud storage" and "Cloud saved games". Every one gives the same ineffective instructions that do not work (the specified options do not exist), and the final "fix" is 'factory reset your console'... which, incidentally, has been done, and also DOES NOT WORK. There is no way to delete cloud saves, therefore there is no way to restart a game... even deleting and reinstalling it - as soon as the game is begun, it says "Syncing cloud storage", and there is no way to cancel it... and all the old saves are put right back in place after they were deleted.

    So again - How do you disable "cloud sync" (which I never set up, used, or ever wanted, all the way back to my first X360) and eliminate the downloading of old save games without having to completely close a gamer account and start over with a new console?

    1. When going into 'Settings' > ' System' > 'Storage' - NOTHING referencing the cloud exists in any option, only local options exist... so don't immediately start talking about this set of instructions - they don't work.

    2. Accessing the gamer profile / Xbox live account also has no way of accessing or modifying cloud settings.

    3. There is plenty of local storage - the drive is 50% free space.

    :)
     
    EldritchFyre, Dec 26, 2022
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S

    Go to the game in question, go to the same file, and choose, delete, and choose delete everywhere, which will eliminate the cloud save as well
  3. EldritchFyre Win User

    No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S

    When managing a game, if I go into the "game & add ons", there is a button that says "delete all". If I go to a save folder (provided it exists) and select that option, it deletes... but as soon as the game is restarted, it goes right back to "syncing from cloud", and the save games are loaded right back in, even if days pass before starting up again, so there is no issue with "enough time for the server to update" Other games only show "reserved space" as a save... and no "delete everywhere" option exists.

    ...and that still doesn't answer the root issue: no option exists to modify or disable 'cloud storage' altogether to keep all saves local on the console.
  4. OKBobby Win User

    Connected to Xbox Live, but Cloud Saved Games says "Move or delete only"

    So I went ahead and deleting the Cloud Storage Cache on my Xbox Hard Drive. Then I went to storage options and my Cloud Saved Games option in the Storage Devices screen said Cloud Storage was ready to be configured. When I clicked into that option it said
    my Cloud Storage was currently disabled and my options were to enable it and disable it. I went ahead and enabled it, the screen looked like it loaded something, and then went back to my Storage Devices screen where it showed Cloud Saved Games to still have
    the option of "Move or delete only". Thank you for the recommendation, Hassassinade. :)
  5. Malcolm Tiberius Rey Win User

    Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their support knows nothing about it?

    Hello,

    I appreciate you taking the time to respond. However, almost everything you posted is completely inaccurate.

    For example:

    "...you can check how much space is available or used by each game in the Settings menu..." Nope, not for the cloud you can't.

    "...You can also make local backups of your game data by copying them to an external hard drive or a USB flash drive. To disable the cloud storage altogether, you can go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local Xbox 360 storage." Nope! Copying to a local drive, as I mentioned above, simply deletes the local save data and will not copy it back. I am also on an XBox X, not a 360, and no, you cannot disable cloud storage, nor does your sentence even make sense as it suggests deleting the local data is how you would disable cloud storage. Also, if you read my post, you'd know that the very last thing that I wanted to do was to delete the local data!

    "This will delete all the cloud-synced data from your console, but not from the cloud itself. You can still access your cloud data on another console or device by signing in with your Microsoft account." Nope! My data wasn't in the cloud--the cloud is the problem!!!

    Thank you for not reading my post and offering nothing whatsoever that was helpful. This is precisely why Microsoft support sucks so terribly, and why I wish I had never purchased an XBox in the first place.
  6. MAKISAD Win User

    M&M: Clash of Heroes > Damaged save file

    I am also getting this error. No matter what I try (deleting profiles, installing or uninstalling the game etc) I cannot play on my profile. I can however start a new game on a different profile and that works perfectly. Anyone found a fix for this?
    Hi, also had this issue. Is an issue with the cloud save game. For some reason and let me know if there is a way to do it, xbox one does not give you access to cloud storage hard drive. I got old my old xbox 360, logged into to xbox live and went to settings.
    storage and accessed the cloud storage for might and magic. was a 40k size file and deleted it. Logged out back in with xbox one. It stated it couldnt find save file and created a new one and now it works. so unless someone knows how to access cloud storage
    on xbox one this is the only solution Ive found.
Thema:

No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S

Loading...
  1. No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S - Similar Threads - access modify delete

  2. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  3. How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?: I am interested in testing new alpha features but I can’t seem to figure out how to gain access to the alpha on Xbox Insider. I’ve done all available surveys and activities but they seem limited....
  4. The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.

    in XboX Insiders
    The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.: I want to raise a separate point about the way accessibility feedback is handled in the Xbox Insider program. When I completed an accessibility survey, I was told I would receive XP for doing it....
  5. Xbox disc to digital global access when?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc to digital global access when?: When will everyone be able to access it? I don’t seem to have that option on my Xbox one X. Is it exclusive to the series X? submitted by /u/CloudimusXD [link] [comments]
  6. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  7. Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers

    in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers: I recently joined the Xbox Accessibility Insider League and completed one of the accessibility activities. One thing I noticed is that the activity used a QR code to bring me to the Xbox...
  8. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  9. how to gain xp on xbox insiders for beta access

    in XboX Insiders
    how to gain xp on xbox insiders for beta access: so i'm lvl 4 rn from awhile ago and need 10xp for lvl5 (access to beta and disc to digital), how can i gain that lil bit if i have no activities left to do? submitted by /u/the_Su-27 [link]...
  10. Inquiry regarding error in modifying child account access permissions

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Inquiry regarding error in modifying child account access permissions: I want to register my son's account for Minecraft, but I found out that as a minor, parental permissions are required. I tried to modify my son's settings in MY FAMILY, but encountered an...