No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S

Discus and support No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have read and searched a number of topics regarding an issue with the XBox One S not having the option in the settings to do anything with "Cloud... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EldritchFyre, Dec 26, 2022.

1. EldritchFyre
    EldritchFyre Guest

I have read and searched a number of topics regarding an issue with the XBox One S not having the option in the settings to do anything with "Cloud storage" and "Cloud saved games". Every one gives the same ineffective instructions that do not work (the specified options do not exist), and the final "fix" is 'factory reset your console'... which, incidentally, has been done, and also DOES NOT WORK. There is no way to delete cloud saves, therefore there is no way to restart a game... even deleting and reinstalling it - as soon as the game is begun, it says "Syncing cloud storage", and there is no way to cancel it... and all the old saves are put right back in place after they were deleted.

So again - How do you disable "cloud sync" (which I never set up, used, or ever wanted, all the way back to my first X360) and eliminate the downloading of old save games without having to completely close a gamer account and start over with a new console?

1. When going into 'Settings' > ' System' > 'Storage' - NOTHING referencing the cloud exists in any option, only local options exist... so don't immediately start talking about this set of instructions - they don't work.

2. Accessing the gamer profile / Xbox live account also has no way of accessing or modifying cloud settings.

3. There is plenty of local storage - the drive is 50% free space.

:)

EldritchFyre, Dec 26, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Go to the game in question, go to the same file, and choose, delete, and choose delete everywhere, which will eliminate the cloud save as well
  3. EldritchFyre Win User

When managing a game, if I go into the "game & add ons", there is a button that says "delete all". If I go to a save folder (provided it exists) and select that option, it deletes... but as soon as the game is restarted, it goes right back to "syncing from cloud", and the save games are loaded right back in, even if days pass before starting up again, so there is no issue with "enough time for the server to update" Other games only show "reserved space" as a save... and no "delete everywhere" option exists.

...and that still doesn't answer the root issue: no option exists to modify or disable 'cloud storage' altogether to keep all saves local on the console.
  4. OKBobby Win User

Connected to Xbox Live, but Cloud Saved Games says "Move or delete only"

So I went ahead and deleting the Cloud Storage Cache on my Xbox Hard Drive. Then I went to storage options and my Cloud Saved Games option in the Storage Devices screen said Cloud Storage was ready to be configured. When I clicked into that option it said
    my Cloud Storage was currently disabled and my options were to enable it and disable it. I went ahead and enabled it, the screen looked like it loaded something, and then went back to my Storage Devices screen where it showed Cloud Saved Games to still have
    the option of "Move or delete only". Thank you for the recommendation, Hassassinade. :)
  5. Malcolm Tiberius Rey Win User

Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their support knows nothing about it?

Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. However, almost everything you posted is completely inaccurate.

For example:

"...you can check how much space is available or used by each game in the Settings menu..." Nope, not for the cloud you can't.

"...You can also make local backups of your game data by copying them to an external hard drive or a USB flash drive. To disable the cloud storage altogether, you can go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local Xbox 360 storage." Nope! Copying to a local drive, as I mentioned above, simply deletes the local save data and will not copy it back. I am also on an XBox X, not a 360, and no, you cannot disable cloud storage, nor does your sentence even make sense as it suggests deleting the local data is how you would disable cloud storage. Also, if you read my post, you'd know that the very last thing that I wanted to do was to delete the local data!

"This will delete all the cloud-synced data from your console, but not from the cloud itself. You can still access your cloud data on another console or device by signing in with your Microsoft account." Nope! My data wasn't in the cloud--the cloud is the problem!!!

Thank you for not reading my post and offering nothing whatsoever that was helpful. This is precisely why Microsoft support sucks so terribly, and why I wish I had never purchased an XBox in the first place.
  6. MAKISAD Win User

M&M: Clash of Heroes > Damaged save file

I am also getting this error. No matter what I try (deleting profiles, installing or uninstalling the game etc) I cannot play on my profile. I can however start a new game on a different profile and that works perfectly. Anyone found a fix for this?
    Hi, also had this issue. Is an issue with the cloud save game. For some reason and let me know if there is a way to do it, xbox one does not give you access to cloud storage hard drive. I got old my old xbox 360, logged into to xbox live and went to settings.
    storage and accessed the cloud storage for might and magic. was a 40k size file and deleted it. Logged out back in with xbox one. It stated it couldnt find save file and created a new one and now it works. so unless someone knows how to access cloud storage
    on xbox one this is the only solution Ive found.
Thema:

1. No access to modify, delete, or disable cloud storage XBox One S - Similar Threads - access modify delete

2. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...
  5. accessing xbox live from pc to other device

in XBoX on Windows
    accessing xbox live from pc to other device: i recently broke my laptop and i’m unable so access the screenshots and screen recordings i took using the xbox live feature on my pc so i was wondering if i could access them on any other device...
  6. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  7. Unreal Engine 5 Console Access Request

in XBoX on Windows
    Unreal Engine 5 Console Access Request: "Hello , Thank you for filling out the Unreal Engine Console Access Request form. Epic requires a confirmation of console development status in order for us to grant source code and resources for...
  8. Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players

in XboX Insiders
    Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players: Hello guys , If you are interested with MMORPG You can taste amazing free 2 play mmorpg's closed beta test , free access from Xbox insider hub . Here is video how you can do it...
  9. why am I not able to access the rewards giving page

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not able to access the rewards giving page: For a week now when I play the microsoft solitaire collection, i.e. the daily challenge or the todays events I no long get the rewards giving page it seems to have been removed?...
  10. How do i access my xbox captures on my pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i access my xbox captures on my pc: I made clips of skate3 on my Xbox one x, and i want to access those captures through my pc so i can have said clips on my pc. But when i go into the Xbox app it doesn't have anywhere that shows my...