No Ability to Block Bing App (and Other Similar Apps) Rated EVERYONE but Allows...

Discus and support No Ability to Block Bing App (and Other Similar Apps) Rated EVERYONE but Allows... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As a parent of three boys, I am very disturbed and disgusted and angry that I can’t make their Xbox One safe to use because of the terribly... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Scott in OK, May 31, 2023.

1. Scott in OK
    Scott in OK Guest

No Ability to Block Bing App (and Other Similar Apps) Rated EVERYONE but Allows...

As a parent of three boys, I am very disturbed and disgusted and angry that I can’t make their Xbox One safe to use because of the terribly irresponsible choice by Microsoft to give a rating of EVERYONE to the Bing app which allows unrestricted adult content internet browsing. This is unacceptable. I’m sure there are other inappropriate content apps that have a completely bogus rating of EVERYONE as well.

PLEASE fix this Microsoft by implementing some of the following suggestions!!!

Suggested Solution Options:

• Change Bing app (and other similar apps) rating to age 18+ rating since it needs to be something beyond mature so they can play games like COD but not browse garbage on the internet
    • Give parents the option to block all non-game apps completely (my favorite option)
    • Give parents ability to block particular apps specifically similar to iPhone restrictions where adult content can be restricted broadly but individual websites and apps can also be restricted

:)

Scott in OK, May 31, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

No Ability to Block Bing App (and Other Similar Apps) Rated EVERYONE but Allows Unrestricted Adult Internet Browsing with Xbox Parental Controls

3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Blocking Microsoft Bing App

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today MYNAMEISNOTJOHN

Unfortunately nope, right now there is no way to block specific apps with your Xbox PIN
  4. Simple OJ Win User

Microsoft rewards

There's the Xbox Game Pass and the bing app allows you to access your Microsoft reward dashboard.
  5. JRoge0608 Win User

Child MS account has 3rd party apps blocked for Halo MCC??? How do I fix this?

Just tested, my child was able to launch (from steam), login, and play two matches of Halo Infinite without any hinderances.

I then downloaded the XBgaming app, and ensured that her content settings were allowed to go up to 18+ (Halo MCC is rated M), and still no luck. same message about 3rd party apps being blocked. I noticed on the app it stated exceptions for apps to be allowed (we have Spoitfy, XBox Beta, Minecraft for example). Is there a way to allow Halo MCC to be an exception then?
  6. Xwelp Win User

Downloading purchases

Using video app on windows 8 allows you to download purchased or rented movies.

What are the expected behaviors of this ability. Or in other words what are the limitations to downloading the movie from the video app?
Thema:

1. No Ability to Block Bing App (and Other Similar Apps) Rated EVERYONE but Allows... - Similar Threads - Ability Block Bing

2. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  3. Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play

in XboX Insiders
    Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play: I love playing competitive games with people who are on a level playing field, but you throw PC gamers into the mix and I feel they have an extremely unfair advantage when pitted against xbox and...
  4. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  5. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  6. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  7. We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor

in XBoX Accessibility
    We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor: We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor, because i loved spending hours messing around with the characters back in 2019, but now i'm super bummed out that i have to...
  8. When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.: I know Xbox has the ability to turn off crossplay. PC community cheats way too often and we’re at a disadvantag. PlayStation allows for them to do it, so can you. Really like Xbox but if we don’t...
  9. Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...: Can someone please help me before I football kick my phone across the room at mach ten. 7702d1fe-6045-46cc-9fbc-2cd9f6fa219e
  10. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...: I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign...