No 4K60/2160p60 on Xbox One S? Option missing on YouTube app

Discus and support No 4K60/2160p60 on Xbox One S? Option missing on YouTube app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I noticed that the official Youtube app on Xbox One S does not give the option for 2160p in 60 Hz videos!!! E.g.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gruenerBert, Jan 4, 2021.

  1. gruenerBert
    gruenerBert Guest

    No 4K60/2160p60 on Xbox One S? Option missing on YouTube app


    Recently, I noticed that the official Youtube app on
    Xbox One S
    does not give the option for
    2160p in 60 Hz videos!!! E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXb3EKWsInQ.

    4K30, however, works fine. My TV is definitely capable of handling it, since the native Youtube app does display the option, and play the video without hassle. It does not make a difference if I enable or disable HDR/Dolby Vision.

    I am using the HDMI cable that was shipped with Xbox One S. I have also tried a different app called myTube, which lets you choose 2160p60, but there's so much lag and stutter the viewing experience becomes unbearable.

    Searching the web, I found https://www.windowscentral.com/youtube-xbox-one-now-supports-4k-and-60-fps:

    Microsoft has clarified this release to us: 4K support is now available for the Xbox One X with HDR support coming soon. For Xbox One S users: "The team is working to bring 4K YouTube and HDR support to Xbox One S. We will have more
    to share soon."

    So that was three years ago! Did you finally come up with a
    solution
    ?

    I have yet to find an official statement from MS if the Xbox One S is even
    capable of 4K60 (in video playback, not in games!), or if by 4K you mean "4K30".

    :)
     
    gruenerBert, Jan 4, 2021
    #1
  2. joe andersen Win User

    Can you put a 1440p option for those who have 1440 P monitors

    Xbox series S i only get 1080 p and 4k60

    There is no option for 1440 P even at 60
  3. ngocphi Win User

    Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available

    You mean the tech demos ?

    Again it's rare techdemos aren't movies
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available

    Can you please link us to the video in question?
  5. MateusFontana Win User

    Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available

    Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    First, welcome to the Xbox community. I found two topics where a problem similar to yours is mentioned, I believe this is a problem with the youtube application itself, seeing the comments, and analyzing the situation. Check out the topics at the links below.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/gr06h3/i_cant_play_4k_60_youtube_videos_xbox_one_s/

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

    * Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available

    plenty of 4k content on youtube and they play at 4k fine on my one s.
Thema:

No 4K60/2160p60 on Xbox One S? Option missing on YouTube app

Loading...
  1. No 4K60/2160p60 on Xbox One S? Option missing on YouTube app - Similar Threads - 4K60 2160p60 Option

  2. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  3. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  5. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  6. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  7. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  8. Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S 4k60 YouTube not available: I have had this problem for a while now and cannot find a simple answer. My Xbox One S is connected to a 4k TV and it says on the Xbox 4k TV details that my TV supports 60hz, 50hz and 24hz. When I...
  9. Xbox Game Capture Broken (4K60)

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Capture Broken (4K60): Several months ago, I was using the 4K60 Game capture consistently with no flaws. Now every time I record I can't get the recording to show as 4K, instead it shows as 1080p. I reported this in the...
  10. Xbox 4K60 Game Capture Shows 1080p30

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 4K60 Game Capture Shows 1080p30: Several months ago, I was using the 4K60 Game capture to an external hard drive consistently with no flaws. Now every time I record I can't get the recording to show as 4K, instead it shows as...