Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatibility issue/XSX update

Discus and support Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatibility issue/XSX update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, this is a known issue back from 2019 in terms of the Xbox One; when NG2 was added to the backwards compatibility list, folks encountered a problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by whiskeypig, Dec 22, 2021.

1. whiskeypig
    whiskeypig Guest

Hi, this is a known issue back from 2019 in terms of the Xbox One; when NG2 was added to the backwards compatibility list, folks encountered a problem where a window containing the following message popped up every two seconds: "The storage device containing the active gamer profile has been disconnected. To save your earned achievements, reconnect the storage device and select the device again"

At the time, solutions proposed range from creating a new gamer tag/profile to more advanced solutions such as this one:

"Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. We recommend updating your profile through the 360 emulator. Start a backward compatible game that is working. Hit the start and back button together(2 buttons under Xbox button). This pulls up the emulator.

Go to download profile, even though your profile is there you can download again. This will download your current Microsoft profile to the 360 servers."

Are there updated solutions for the Series S/X? Following the above instructions I can't seem to get anything resembling an emulator to pop up. And due to password issues I had to create a new gamertag for the XSX; the gamertag I'm using has never been used on my old 360. The email address I used to create the new gamertag WAS used on my old 360 to create a different 360 gamertag, which was used to play NG2 for maybe thirty minutes just to get reacclimated so as to be better equipped to compare to NG2 on the XSX. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

:)

whiskeypig, Dec 22, 2021
  2. luissolid Win User

ninja gaiden 3 razor blade 0x8082000c

Hello welcome to the forums!

There are 2 versions of Ninja Gaiden 3... The regular "Ninja Gaiden 3" and the updated version "Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge".

The one that it's backwards compatible is Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge!

Regards!
  3. PopshU Win User

Ninja Gaiden 2

Please make Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatible
  4. PopshU Win User

Ninja Gaiden 2

5. PopshU Win User

Where is ninja gaiden 2 on xbox one

6. PopshU Win User

Request for Ninja Gaiden 2

Thema:

1. Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatibility issue/XSX update - Similar Threads - Ninja Gaiden backwards

2. Ninja Gaiden Black not showing in "MY GAMES"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ninja Gaiden Black not showing in "MY GAMES": Hello, I just purchased "Ninja Gaiden Black" from Microsoft Store, but the game is not showing up in my library on X360, also, on console, it is asking me to buy the game. I checked the history,...
  3. Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge Parental Controls

in XBoX on Windows
    Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge Parental Controls: Hi, I was trying to play the game online and can not play the multiplayer battle as it says my parental controls will not allow it. I purchased the game as well as the online pass and the gold...
  4. Why won't Ninja Gaiden Black work on my Xbox 360 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Ninja Gaiden Black work on my Xbox 360 ?: Hello, I've recently bought Ninja Gaiden Black, specifically the xbox classics version, and while my console (Xbox 360 Elite 120gb) recognises the game and shows "Play Ninja Gaiden Black", once...
  5. Microsoft Rewards - Ninja Gaiden

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards - Ninja Gaiden: I was wondering why games that earn you reward points if you purchase them, like Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection, only give you the reward points if you buy the standard edition. I bought the...
  6. Why do I no longer own Ninja Gaiden 2 digitally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I no longer own Ninja Gaiden 2 digitally?: I own 1 and 3. I just played 2 last year. I remember it very clearly. I don't own it on disc or a different console. This is so random to me. Can somebody offer any ideas or who to contact?...
  7. Ninja gaiden Razor's edge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ninja gaiden Razor's edge: I am playing ninja gaiden razor's edge with Ayane or other female character. When I finished chapter I, a message appeared saying something like "You cannot see this content because of your...
  8. Can't Install Physical Disc Ninja Gaiden Black (NTSC Japan) On XB One X Region US

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Install Physical Disc Ninja Gaiden Black (NTSC Japan) On XB One X Region US: I purchased original ninja gaiden black japan disc but xb wont allow me to install this game. I saw microsoft support this game ( https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility ) but...
  9. Ninja Gaiden 2 backward compatible problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ninja Gaiden 2 backward compatible problem: Hi i use the disc version of Ninja gaiden 2 to play on my xbox one. And everytime i play it i get an error message saying: "The storage device containing the active gamer profile has been...
  10. Ninja Gaiden 2 backward compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ninja Gaiden 2 backward compatible: I buy Ninja Gaiden 2 on Xbox one x and the game gives me a popup every 2 seconds that says, "The storage device containing the active gamer profile has been disconnected. To save your earned...