Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off.

Discus and support Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Decided to have the console’s light turn off after 8pm just to see whether I like it or not and when I turned the console off, it made the sound it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GNIHTYUGNOSREP, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off.

Decided to have the console’s light turn off after 8pm just to see whether I like it or not and when I turned the console off, it made the sound it makes when you turn the console on. Pretty funny. Plays the turn on sound both when you turn it on and when you turn it off.

On another note, I noticed when I turned the console on, the light turned on as usual but then turned off the moment I was signed in, is this setting not something that can just be set console wide or will it just stay as an account based setting? I only want it to happen on my console and not someone else’s if I happen to be using it.

submitted by /u/GNIHTYUGNOSREP
    [link] [comments]

/u/GNIHTYUGNOSREP, Nov 20, 2021
  2. TangentialShark Win User

power brick stays on when xbox one is off

The Xbox One has 2 power modes. The first is "Instant-On" mode in which the console is in a low power state in order to update in the background and boot-up in less than 10 seconds when you turn it on(Power Brick light is white when off)). The second option
    is "Energy-Saver" and this results in the console turning completely off when you power it down. In this mode, the console does not update itself while off and it takes about a minute to boot-up the system when turned on (Power Brick light is orange when off).
  3. gds1972 Win User

Power brick won't turn off

Hi

The power brick for the Xbox One console never fully turns off if your console is set to instant on mode the light on the power brick will remain white with the console switched off and if the console is set to power save mode the light will be orange/yellow
    when the console is switched off.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Xbox light not turning off when console is off

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

ChargedBolts, Let's check if it's a software or hardware conflict.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

If you are part of the Insider program, leave it.

If the error persists, it could be a hardware problem, friend.

Are you encountering an error in operation?
  5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one

Hi

Is the console only making the sound when you switch it on and off?

If so then you just need to go into the setting to turn this feature off. To turn the feature off press the Xbox Button on the controller then select the System tab / Setting / Power & startup / Power mode & startup and under options on the left you will
    see Statup chime where you can turn this feature off.
  6. Arminator Win User

xbox one problem

An orange light on the power supply is not a problem indicator. An orange light usually says that the console is in "Power saving" mode instead of "Instant on" mode.

"Instant On" mode is like putting a TV on standby, or having your Smartphone screen turned off by shortly pressing the power button, causing the screen to turn off, but the phone still fetches emails, and can receive text messages and stuff like that.

In that mode, the LED on the power supply stays white, even if the console is "turned off". In that state the console can download your games in the background and update the system while it's not in use.

"Power saving" mode really shuts down all running background processes on the console and turns almost everything off. This mode is simliar to holding the power button on your phone for several seconds, and then shutting it down completely, so no phone calls,
    text messages or anything go through. In that Power Saving mode, the LED on the power supply is orange, to indicate the console is really turned off, and is not able to download game and system updates in the background.

As for the console not staying on, please check here for troubleshooting steps: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly
Thema:

Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off.

1. Night Mode Xbox light off causes console to make “turn on” sound when turning off. - Similar Threads - Night Mode light

2. How to fix bare knuckles mode old school rules for fight night champion I can’t get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix bare knuckles mode old school rules for fight night champion I can’t get the...: How to fix bare knuckles mode old school rules for fight night champion I can’t get the mode to work properly anymore 275941d6-e600-435a-83e8-ed696326d555
  3. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  4. night mode and dolby vision not working

in XboX Insiders
    night mode and dolby vision not working: Last night I noticed my screen and xbox controller logo was at full brightness even though I had night mode switched on. I turned night mode off on and repeatedly but nothing was happening and I...
  5. Night Mode not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Night Mode not working: I’d previously set up night mode on my Series X so it filters out some blue light and dims the screen. It was working fine. I boot up my Xbox today and it’s not. Scheduling does nothing. Using a...
  6. Night mode trouble

in XBoX Accessibility
    Night mode trouble: Night mode on Xbox series X sometimes undims the screen and turns off blue light filter. It seems pretty random when it turns off and back on. But I did notice it turns on when pressing a button...
  7. Xbox Night Mode (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Night Mode (Xbox One): I'm using an Xbox One S. I found the Night Mode option under Accessibility settings after I opted in to Xbox Insider. All of the screenshots I see show two numbers on the Display button at the...
  8. Night mode bug (ticket submitted)

in XboX Insiders
    Night mode bug (ticket submitted): Has anyone turned off the Xbox power button light via night mode settings? Doing so causes my Series X on/off sounds to behave incorrectly. It’s almost like the on/off sounds are coded to the...
  9. Night mode with no power light is amazing for movie watching!

in XboX Insiders
    Night mode with no power light is amazing for movie watching!: Seriously I enabled it tonight to rewatch the matrix on 4k Blu-ray with almost blaring. Having no power light on the box changes movie watching more then you’d think when in a dark room! A option...
  10. Idk if this is the right place for this, but Night mode seem’s to have a slight Frame stutter?

in XboX Insiders
    Idk if this is the right place for this, but Night mode seem’s to have a slight Frame stutter?: I was watching Some blu-ray Continent on my Xbox series X and the video was just really bad….. the frame stuttering was very noticeable. so I had to turn the night mode off. submitted by...