Nifty tips and tips to help everyone out on XBO

Discus and support Nifty tips and tips to help everyone out on XBO in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So as we all know there are quite a few little issues that need tweaking by microsoft, but until they finally get around to it there are some things... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by s S x V e N o M, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Nifty tips and tips to help everyone out on XBO

So as we all know there are quite a few little issues that need tweaking by microsoft, but until they finally get around to it there are some things you can try.

I was thinking that if people had a problem and solved it then they could post their solution here and it would help everyone out.

• To start off, to do a full system reboot (not go into sleep mode) set settings to energy saving
    • If you are unable to turn your xbox party chat on and receive the message 'can not connect to party right now' try going to the home screen and closing off any games or apps you're currently on using the start (three line) button then pressing 'close'
    • If your friends can't hear you in chat through your mic, chances are that you arent signed in on the controller. I've come to notice that if you say "xbox sign in as" or use the face identification sign in feature, it doesnt actually register you to a controller
      meaning that when you speak into the mic its not your account speaking (stupid I know)
    • Just sign into your acount using your controller to solve this problem.
    Hope this helps guys!!!

:)

s S x V e N o M, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Let's Talk About Squad Mode!

Thx for all the help and tips everyone.

BLACK SABBATH-952FF33F-F209-441C-8824-50F08A44DCDA, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Mellerker39
    Mellerker39 Guest
    Why is the dashboard so slow loading

I have the dashboard working now thanks for all your help everyone who posted good tips and advice.

Mellerker39, Jan 6, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

1. That is not how you do a system reboot

~

2. OK

~

3. Not true at all. I always use facial recognition and use party chat with no problem.

x24hrs2livex, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Scottiths
    Scottiths Guest
    To actually do a system reboot hold the power button for 8 seconds. You don't need to change any settings.

Scottiths, Jan 6, 2014
  6. StrangerJim
    StrangerJim Guest
    1. If you are having troubles with voice commands try giving a brief pause after saying “Kinect” and the command. You can also try recalibrating it (in settings) and make sure to turn your TV/ stereo up louder than normal.

2. If the Kinect is not turning your TV on/off, adjusting volume, etc. go to setting and under devices you can input your TV model not just the brand.

StrangerJim, Jan 6, 2014
  7. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    Pin your your games & favorite apps to the pins section and you have instant access to them just by pressing RB. No need to go into the my games & apps. Plus you can remove or add or arrange them easily .

vikingland1, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Nifty tips and tips to help everyone out on XBO

Just to make it clear, I meant system reboot as in turning off then on, if you're trying to fix an issue by turning it off then on then you need to put energy saving on because it doesn't fully turn off if its on the other power mode Nifty tips and tips to help everyone out on XBO :) sorry if I didn't
    make that clear

Secondly I'm not asking if anyone doesn't have any problems, if you use facial recognition with no problem... Good for you! All I'm saying is that if you have issues then that might solve it (its happened to me and my friends)

Geesh some people are so hostile (24hourstolive) when I'm only trying to help people

s S x V e N o M, Jan 6, 2014
  9. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    [quote user="s S x V e N o M"]

Just to make it clear, I meant system reboot as in turning off then on, if you're trying to fix an issue by turning it off then on then you need to put energy saving on because it doesn't fully turn off if its on the other power mode Nifty tips and tips to help everyone out on XBO :) sorry if I didn't
    make that clear

Secondly I'm not asking if anyone doesn't have any problems, if you use facial recognition with no problem... Good for you! All I'm saying is that if you have issues then that might solve it (its happened to me and my friends)

Geesh some people are so hostile (24hourstolive) when I'm only trying to help people

[/quote]

Do you know how to do a system reboot? You can do it from instant on mode and it does power the console completely down

10. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Yeah,you don't need to be in energy saving mode to do a system reboot.

Daft Badger, Jan 6, 2014
  11. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    Great advice on recallibrating the voice portion on the kinect. Many of us have moved from our day one release setup room to another room and forget to recallibrate the kinect camera and voice to the rooms measurement and space.

COD 2 HALO, Jan 6, 2014
  12. I'd like to get some input about the whole system reboot deal in relationship to using energy saving vs instant on mode.

OK, when I fist got my XB1, I set it to instant on mode. Then I saw some posts in a thread(s) about potential issues with memory leakage(?) and the fact that the XB1 is little more than a computer (duh) and needs to be rebooted occasionally, just like a PC,
    to avoid typical issues like slowed performance and cache needing cleared. OK, so I thought who cares if the only difference is that it takes a little longer to boot if I use energy saving mode and I can't say 'Xbox - On'? Not really a biggie, I can still
    just push the button on the controller to turn it on anyway.

I decided to just set it to energy saving mode. Issue solved... or so I thought.

So the other day, I followed a link to MS's page that outlines the system update process. My understanding from what I read is that system updates will be 'optional' at first and will eventually become mandatory. Although they never stated how long the updates
    will remain optional before being switched to mandatory.

Here is the part that is making me rethink my 'energy saving' choice. In instant on mode, the console will D/L system updates when they're released... when they're 'optional'. It will do this when it is in sleep mode and you won't be prompted to update. In
    this instance, you will know there was a system update because your console's power brick light will change to orange and you'll have to power it up manually.

In energy saving mode, the console won't be able to D/L updates since it will power down completely and it will check for updates when it's powered on. If there is an update available, it will prompt you to D/L and install the update. The other difference with
    this process is that it won't prompt you to D/L 'optional' updates... it will wait until those updates are listed as mandatory before it prompts you to install them.

So now I'm thinking... I'd like to get updates ASAP, but that means switching back to instant on. Of course, not knowing how long an update remains optional doesn't help with deciding either way.

So for those of you who use instant on, have any of you noticed any issues that could be attributed to that mode? Do you do a system reboot regularly and how often? Thoughts?

A Blue Illusion, Jan 6, 2014
  13. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

I dont need a system reboot regularly. But thats just me. I make sure to close each app after I am done using it which should help with performance issues. As a rule of thumb I go ahead and reboot the console about once a week just to keep it fresh and to
    avoid any issues.

14. COD 2 HALO
    COD 2 HALO Guest
    I close and quit all apps.and games after every use. A bit tedious for the I just wanna game and have fun crowd. But $600.00 dollar purchases are not made every month in my home or even every year. I value my ONE and do keep it on instant on and have not
    had one issue, glitch, bug or sluggisg slow movement. I do get annoyed with the console asking who is gaming and at times the kinect mic over hears my wife during MADDEN 25 and audibles, timeouts and ask who is gaming,, lol.

Last night was bad as the kinnect kept hearing my wife causing it to switch up plays for like an hour. Finally she headed off to the living room. They need a fix for that, like an outo off kinect mic during games you select, but I also think madden has this
    option in the settings. I gets very ANNOYING!

COD 2 HALO, Oct 31, 2018
  15. x24hrs2livex Win User

I dont need a system reboot regularly. But thats just me. I make sure to close each app after I am done using it which should help with performance issues. As a rule of thumb I go ahead and reboot the console about once a week just to keep it fresh and to
    avoid any issues.
  16. COD 2 HALO Win User

I close and quit all apps.and games after every use. A bit tedious for the I just wanna game and have fun crowd. But $600.00 dollar purchases are not made every month in my home or even every year. I value my ONE and do keep it on instant on and have not
    had one issue, glitch, bug or sluggisg slow movement. I do get annoyed with the console asking who is gaming and at times the kinect mic over hears my wife during MADDEN 25 and audibles, timeouts and ask who is gaming,, lol.

Last night was bad as the kinnect kept hearing my wife causing it to switch up plays for like an hour. Finally she headed off to the living room. They need a fix for that, like an outo off kinect mic during games you select, but I also think madden has this
    option in the settings. I gets very ANNOYING!
  17. StrangerJim Win User

1. If you are having troubles with voice commands try giving a brief pause after saying “Kinect” and the command. You can also try recalibrating it (in settings) and make sure to turn your TV/ stereo up louder than normal.

2. If the Kinect is not turning your TV on/off, adjusting volume, etc. go to setting and under devices you can input your TV model not just the brand.
  18. Scottiths Win User

To actually do a system reboot hold the power button for 8 seconds. You don't need to change any settings.
  19. x24hrs2livex Win User

1. That is not how you do a system reboot

~

2. OK

~

3. Not true at all. I always use facial recognition and use party chat with no problem.
Thema:

1. Nifty tips and tips to help everyone out on XBO - Similar Threads - Nifty tips tips

2. Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Try to add old profile to new Xbox add it tip going to create an account: Try to add my old profile to new Xbox but it tip coming up with create a account 64e5a294-990c-4528-ba4e-de44ff882756
  3. why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...: Ive tried restarting many time leaving it unpluged resetting my router tried to change Wi-Fi but won't load litterally nothing will c8345b9e-c211-4db2-bf87-e858508908bb
  4. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  5. Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console only show the quick tips Icon: it happen last week when i went to turn on my console (XBOX ONE) my console only showed a black screen but i was able to bring up the side menu. I turned off my console and left it for a couple of...
  6. Just a random Fortnite tip that y'all probably know!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just a random Fortnite tip that y'all probably know!: If you have a tv, take clear tape and write "x" on it. With any gun, aim and put the tape where the cross is, then play a match to see if it gave you better aim! 3057a3c5-fa50-4380-9e10-e99686bf6ea5
  7. Any tips on how to make the hard drive play games or is this a lost cause?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any tips on how to make the hard drive play games or is this a lost cause?: I have an Xbox Series X and S and neither will play off of the WD_BLACK 5TB P10 Game Drive - WDBA3A0050BBK-WESN I just purchased. I have to transfer and switch out games basically and that kind of...
  8. Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks?: Unit wont turn on, tried power cycling etc. Any tips and tricks out there? c4a5b716-a95e-4ab2-b04b-1d03e6554f05
  9. Tips for recovery form

in XBoX Accessibility
    Tips for recovery form: Any tips on how to fill out a recovery form I've done it around 100 times and microsoft support has told me to start from scratch 2k down the drain 2a21f9ba-da3d-4110-9fba-aeb806e4dfc6
  10. Any tips for error message on Farcry 4 for Co - Op and no maps found?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any tips for error message on Farcry 4 for Co - Op and no maps found?: I am trying to complete these last achievements for Farcry 4, but every time I try to join co / op it gives me some stupid error message saying “ can’t do this… because of your Xbox live privacy...