NFL app - Sunday Ticket - "System error or invalid session"

Discus and support NFL app - Sunday Ticket - "System error or invalid session" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Sunday Ticket through the console, in this case Xbox One. The Sunday ticket service requires you to log into it with your SundayTicket.TV... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Splehs, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Splehs
    Splehs Guest

I have Sunday Ticket through the console, in this case Xbox One. The Sunday ticket service requires you to log into it with your SundayTicket.TV account information. From week 1 of the season, I have been unable to do this. Every time I attempt to log
    into the service from the NFL app on my Xbox one, I get "You are experiencing a system error or invalid session. Please try again later." I have never been able to successfully login into sunday ticket from the NFL app on xbox one, but it does work on my
    PS 4 (glad I have both).

What's the deal? I've tried a 'hard reset' as suggested elsewhere, no luck. I tried for the afternoon games last week, thinking wrongly that it was a load issue on M$'s servers. I've already paid $200 for sunday ticket and have yet to be able to watch
    it on my xbox one. What is the status of this service or the resolution to my problem?

Thanks.

:)

Splehs, Sep 14, 2014
  2. BSavoie
    BSavoie Guest
    NFL Sunday Ticket App - support for nflsundayticket.tv / DirectTV

BSavoie, Sep 14, 2014
  3. Splehs
    Splehs Guest
    Nfl app and Sunday ticket

I bought the console sunday ticket version. I haven't even been able to log into sunday ticket from the xbox one - "You are experiencing a system error or invalid session. Please try again later". This is the second week in a row.

I'm on AT&T Uverse (25 Mb/s) if that means anything.

Splehs, Sep 14, 2014
  4. Skibo79
    Skibo79 Guest

Hopefully you got yours to work. I got mine to work at the start of the 4th quarter of the 1PM ET games. I did call DirecTV and they gave me a $40 credit for both weeks. I'm probably going to just downgrade to the To Go version and hookup my laptop to my
    TV for two reasons. One, the streaming kept skipping and I missed the end the the GB-Jets game. Two, the PC has gamemix and I can watch 4 games. Since it is on my account's notes that I was told that gamemix was available on the console they will allow me
    to downgrade.

Skibo79, Sep 14, 2014
  5. Splehs
    Splehs Guest
    After trying literally everything @xboxsupport1 could throw at me:

* clearing cache via power brick

* clearing cache via front power button

* deleting my profile

* deleting the app

* unplugging my router for an hour to let any existing sessions die

* creating a new account on my xbox and trying all of this under a new profile

* refreshing my external IP on my router to a different one

* and every combination of the above

and finally hearing that i'm quite possibly the only user reporting this, I started to point the finger at my own account on sundayticket.tv. Because I had recently cancelled directv after moving, I was unable to create a sundayticket.tv account with my
    normal email address, so I used an arbitrary gmail alias (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) as my account name. This worked fine on PS4, but as it turns out, not so well on the Xb1 NFL app. This may be rare because I don't think many people would have used such an odd solution
    to the email uniqueness problem between regular directv and sundayticket.tv.

Anyway, I created a new account without any special characters, changed my sundayticket.tv account to THAT email address, and the NFL app on xbox one allowed me to login without the slightest complain. Problem solved.

But it's a bug. If '+' is an allowed character for the sundayticket.tv log in, it must be an allowed character in the NFL application. Besides, the other guys support it.

Splehs, Sep 18, 2014
  6. Splehs
    Splehs Guest
    My username was the issue. I use a gmail alias for my account name on sundayticket.tv:

*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

This isn't an issue on sundayticket.tv, or on the internet in general, or the PS4 Sunday ticket application. But the XBox one NFL app doesn't appear to encode the username string properly and it blows up when confronted with a '+' character in the username.

Splehs, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Splehs Win User

My username was the issue. I use a gmail alias for my account name on sundayticket.tv:

*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

This isn't an issue on sundayticket.tv, or on the internet in general, or the PS4 Sunday ticket application. But the XBox one NFL app doesn't appear to encode the username string properly and it blows up when confronted with a '+' character in the username.
  8. Skibo79 Win User

Hopefully you got yours to work. I got mine to work at the start of the 4th quarter of the 1PM ET games. I did call DirecTV and they gave me a $40 credit for both weeks. I'm probably going to just downgrade to the To Go version and hookup my laptop to my
    TV for two reasons. One, the streaming kept skipping and I missed the end the the GB-Jets game. Two, the PC has gamemix and I can watch 4 games. Since it is on my account's notes that I was told that gamemix was available on the console they will allow me
    to downgrade.
  9. Splehs Win User

After trying literally everything @xboxsupport1 could throw at me:

* clearing cache via power brick

* clearing cache via front power button

* deleting my profile

* deleting the app

* unplugging my router for an hour to let any existing sessions die

* creating a new account on my xbox and trying all of this under a new profile

* refreshing my external IP on my router to a different one

* and every combination of the above

and finally hearing that i'm quite possibly the only user reporting this, I started to point the finger at my own account on sundayticket.tv. Because I had recently cancelled directv after moving, I was unable to create a sundayticket.tv account with my
    normal email address, so I used an arbitrary gmail alias (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) as my account name. This worked fine on PS4, but as it turns out, not so well on the Xb1 NFL app. This may be rare because I don't think many people would have used such an odd solution
    to the email uniqueness problem between regular directv and sundayticket.tv.

Anyway, I created a new account without any special characters, changed my sundayticket.tv account to THAT email address, and the NFL app on xbox one allowed me to login without the slightest complain. Problem solved.

But it's a bug. If '+' is an allowed character for the sundayticket.tv log in, it must be an allowed character in the NFL application. Besides, the other guys support it.
  10. Splehs Win User

Nfl app and Sunday ticket

I bought the console sunday ticket version. I haven't even been able to log into sunday ticket from the xbox one - "You are experiencing a system error or invalid session. Please try again later". This is the second week in a row.

11. Splehs Win User

No individual games on NFL sunday ticket through NFL app

Thema:

1. NFL app - Sunday Ticket - "System error or invalid session" - Similar Threads - NFL app Sunday

2. Xbox NFL Sunday ticket app help

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox NFL Sunday ticket app help: How do I reset the sizing of the app. The edges of the picture are off all edges of our tv. Can’t see the whole thing. Can’t figure out how to fix it. We have changed the TV settings and it...
  3. NFL Sunday Ticket App - support for nflsundayticket.tv / DirectTV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL Sunday Ticket App - support for nflsundayticket.tv / DirectTV: I recently signed up for DirecTV's service that allows users who can;t get satelite service in their area to get streaming NFL Sunday Ticket. They claim there is an Xbox One app specific for this...
  4. NFL SUNDAY TICKET APP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL SUNDAY TICKET APP: i have been reading for a few week a new NFL SUNDAY TICKET APP will be put out but it almost the reg season and no app.. i got on the nfl app that is out now and when i try to sign in to sunday...
  5. Can't get to NFL Sunday Ticket when NFL app is snapped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get to NFL Sunday Ticket when NFL app is snapped: It seems that the NFL Sunday Ticket portion of the NFL app is inaccessible when the NFL app is snapped. Is there a way? 5edead93-2ad9-4521-ab51-18a1480ec037
  6. NFL app update doesn't allow me to log in to Sunday Ticket

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL app update doesn't allow me to log in to Sunday Ticket: just as a couple weeks ago I was able to sign in to Sunday ticket to watch it on the Xbox one. After the update, I don't even have the option to login on the account settings screen. I only have...
  7. Nfl app and Sunday ticket

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nfl app and Sunday ticket: I have Sunday ticket for the xbox one and it won't let me load any games or watch anything. Just keeps saying error! I paid $229 for this service and I can't even use it! WTF!!!!???...
  8. NFL App and sunday ticket...

in XBoX on Consoles
    NFL App and sunday ticket...: Obviously this APP is awful just like the ESPN app... pure crap. Slow, unresponsive, limited.. list goes on. I logged into my sunday ticket via the NFL app. It takes FOREVER to switch between...
  9. NFL Sunday Ticket App Solution To Get Your Streams!

in XBoX on Consoles
    NFL Sunday Ticket App Solution To Get Your Streams!: Hey everyone, I've noticed that a lot of people are not able to access their live streams. It seems that everyone can get the live feeds but the link to watch the actual live game is unavailable....
  10. No individual games on NFL sunday ticket through NFL app

in XBoX on Consoles
    No individual games on NFL sunday ticket through NFL app: Anyone else not able to watch individual games on NFL app? I get redzone but can't watch any other game. I was able to watch last week no problems. d1b1396e-ca8d-408e-868b-e1906b85d069