Next Gen games downloads keep stopping when I turn off the console.

Discus and support Next Gen games downloads keep stopping when I turn off the console. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I was emailing to talk about a problem I’ve been having and it started when I formatted my external hard drive and deleted all my games and now... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chris Bookman, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Next Gen games downloads keep stopping when I turn off the console.

Hello, I was emailing to talk about a problem I’ve been having and it started when I formatted my external hard drive and deleted all my games and now when I try to download any next gen title they keep stopping when I turn the console off. But any past gen games download perfectly fine and I was wondering what can I do to fix this because I would rather not have to leave my Xbox on all day and night.

:)

Chris Bookman, Nov 12, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox defaults to Energy saver mode. You will have to switch it to standby for downloads to continue while powered down
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Chris
    That’s strange, may I know if you’re using an insider build / beta OS in your console?

If not, may I know if you tried this? (Can be a bit odd but worth test each option)

A. Connect your console to a completely different Wi-Fi network

B. Use a custom DNS address
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    B.1 if that doesn’t work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

C. Clear your MAC address:

Go to Setting > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

D. Whitelist your console via router settings

E. Reopen the dedicated ports for the Xbox live network in your router settings

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)

For D and E you may need to contact your Internet Service Provider for this.
  4. Chris Bookman Win User

I have it set to that and it still does the same thing
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Chris

Additional information is needed, please tell me
    What Xbox console do you have?
    Are you trying to download the next gen games to the internal storage or do you want to store them on the external drive ?
    Did you tried disconnecting this external drive to see if the issue persist?
    Or what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  6. Chris Bookman Win User

Hello I have an Xbox series S. And I tried downloading them both to the console and to the hard drive. And I did try disconnecting the hard drive but the problem still happen. And I’ve tried restarting my Xbox and power cycling it but the problem still happens. And I also unchecked “Xbox is off, storage is off” as well
Thema:

1. Next Gen games downloads keep stopping when I turn off the console. - Similar Threads - Next Gen games

2. Question about Next Gen game swap

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Next Gen game swap: So I heard news that Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a next gen swap and I am curious as I have it digitally on my Xbox Series X and wondering if it will give me a free upgrade which makes it...
  3. Series x crashing on next gen games

in XboX Insiders
    Series x crashing on next gen games: I have a series x, worked great for about 3 months and then after awhile I noticed the series x games I was playing would freeze and then either go back to home screen or shut off the console...
  4. Xbox x will not play next gen games. Anyone else have this problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox x will not play next gen games. Anyone else have this problem.: Games with scarlett file name keep crashing. 28751b5d-ef23-441b-b46d-b100fd036ba3
  5. How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix not being able to play games I own from current gen on next gen: So I have 2k23 on my Xbox One and I recently purchased a Series X, and I'm downloading 2k23 on my series X but it will not let me play it saying I need to buy it again, is there any fix because I...
  6. how can i get the games off my band acount on my new next gen gmae so i can play them on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i get the games off my band acount on my new next gen gmae so i can play them on my...: old xbox acont perma band not my fualt but not getting into that but iv just got a series x and was playing the games of my baned acount on last gen is ther anywya to move the acount stuff over...
  7. I currently have an Xbox oneX. Can I purchase a next gen only game, such as Gotham Knights,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I currently have an Xbox oneX. Can I purchase a next gen only game, such as Gotham Knights,...: I currently have an Xbox oneX. Can I purchase a next gen only game, such as Gotham Knights, through my console NOW so that I can later play it once I upgrade to a Series X console?...
  8. Trying to buy a next-gen console exclusive game, but I only own Xbox One X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to buy a next-gen console exclusive game, but I only own Xbox One X.: I own an Xbox One X. I’m wanting to buy a game that only functions on the Xbox Series S/X. If I use the account I bought the game with, can I download said game onto a compatible Xbox model and...
  9. I preordered 2k 23 next gen but now it’s saying I don’t own the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I preordered 2k 23 next gen but now it’s saying I don’t own the game: I preordered 2k 23 next gen but now it’s saying I don’t own the game 5b40d6fd-1fe2-46a0-bb44-a079ca9ca9ed
  10. Game suggestions. Best Xbox series x games to showcase next gen graphics

in XboX Insiders
    Game suggestions. Best Xbox series x games to showcase next gen graphics: Does it have any true next gen games. I saw Spider-Man on ps5 and it looks great, can’t find a game that looks as good. Game suggestion submitted by /u/duood [link] [comments]