Newly downloaded games crash on start up Xbox Series X

Discus and support Newly downloaded games crash on start up Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the past 2 months, any game that I download or had downloaded previously will crash either in the loading titles, or on the “press to start” menu.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mr Fuzy Unibrow, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Newly downloaded games crash on start up Xbox Series X

For the past 2 months, any game that I download or had downloaded previously will crash either in the loading titles, or on the “press to start” menu. Sometimes the game crashes so hard the console turns off.

Not all downloaded games are affected however, which is the head scratcher for me For example, Battlefield 4 works, but Battlefield 1 crashes on/after press to start menu.

:)

Mr Fuzy Unibrow, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Mr Fuzy Unibrow Win User

To answer some of your questions:

A) not that I’m aware of

B) all games are stored on the internal storage. I do have an external but there’s nothing on it

C) the affected games are all digital. With the exception of back compatable games , Battlefield 4, and all halo titles.

D) I don’t have the console connected directly to the wall outlet, but it’s been that way since I’ve got it and never had these problems.

E) I have power cycled the console, disconnected from power for several minutes before turning on again, redownloaded the affected games after deleting them, reset the console without wiping the memory, and resetting the console to factory settings and wiping it clean. The problem has not gone away.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Mr.
    Thanks for the extra information

If you don’t mind please try connecting the console directly to the wall outlet (or in another room) and also disconnect all the USB accessories before trying again

It’s important to cover this possibility

If maybe the issue persist I can suggest you in this case two more things before considering a hardware issue:

A. Do a factory reset but deleting everything (don’t worry, your saved progress is always in the cloud, and the licenses are attached to your account)

B. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If the issue persist even after the offline update the best option is get the console inspected
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Mr.

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console?
    All the affected games are stored on the internal storage or do you have an external device connected to your console?
    The affected games are physical or digital copies?
    Do you have the console connected directly to the power socket?

And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. Mr Fuzy Unibrow Win User

I’ve done all of that plus delete and redownloading these games, and recently resetting the console entirely. None of it has fixed this issue.
  6. l Xenoes l Win User

Have you done a power cycle yet on your Xbox? Like holding the power button until it completely turns off and turning it back on. I noticed sometimes if I left my Series X on for too long without restarting it every other week or so, things ran slow or crashed.

Have you also manually checked for updates on the games thar are crashing? Sometimes games don't auto update or prompt them when the game is started. I have this issue with Destiny 2 and Halo a lot. I know it sucks but could also try uninstalling the games and reinstalling them.
Thema:

1. Newly downloaded games crash on start up Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Newly downloaded games

2. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  3. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  4. Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge: Hey Microsoft Support team, Hope you're doing awesome! Just got myself the new Xbox Elite Core Controller and the kit with it too, and I'm super excited about it. However, I'm hitting a little...
  5. Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired: Hi, I bought a XBox controller from Flipkart which is an authorized reseller in India. However, while registering my device in my Microsoft account, I see the warranty already expired. When I...
  6. Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games: Whenever I try to open the game after it is finished downloading it dosen't load and gives me an error message of "____________ took too long to start". How do I resolve this issue?...
  7. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  8. I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.: Every time I try to play new mature games that I just installed, I can’t, because I get an error code that says class not registered. It only happens with mature games, but it doesn’t happen with...
  9. A newly purchased game keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A newly purchased game keeps crashing: I bought a game of the Microsoft store 2 days ago - rise of nations extended edition. I played it once and I went to try to play again today and the game will turn on and open for about a second...
  10. Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...: I'm trying to launch my new downloaded Back4Blood game from Game Pass. A screen pop ups saying it's Easy Anti-Cheat and it seems it's 'Initalizing'. Unfortunately, a window pop ops and says 'easy...