Newbie question... Left pointing arrow icon in Xbox 360 games?

Discus and support Newbie question... Left pointing arrow icon in Xbox 360 games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I never had an XBox 360, but when I've played 360 games on my Xbox One I keep seeing references to an icon that looks like a left facing arrow -... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rickenjangle12, Aug 26, 2016.

  1. Newbie question... Left pointing arrow icon in Xbox 360 games?


    I never had an XBox 360, but when I've played 360 games on my Xbox One I keep seeing references to an icon that looks like a left facing arrow - usually in some kind of tutorial type situation, where the game will say something like "For details, press <".
    What button on the Xbox One controller would correspond to this?

    Thanks

    :)
     
    Rickenjangle12, Aug 26, 2016
    #1
  2. Lord Dirt
    Lord Dirt Guest
    No XB1 game forums?

    go up to where it says Xbox Forums and it has the arrow pointing down in the top left
     
    Lord Dirt, Aug 26, 2016
    #2
  3. Q775Q775
    Q775Q775 Guest
    Arrow icon

    Thank. you for the reply. I have resolved the speaker issue (faulty headset) but after performing a soft factory reset the arrow icon is still present in game which gives my position away saying please shoot me. THOUGHTS
     
    Q775Q775, Aug 26, 2016
    #3
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

    Newbie question... Left pointing arrow icon in Xbox 360 games?

    That's the select button basically. It would be the button that looks like it has 2 squares on it.
     
    Smwutches, Aug 26, 2016
    #4
  5. Smwutches Win User

    Newbie question... Left pointing arrow icon in Xbox 360 games?

    That's the select button basically. It would be the button that looks like it has 2 squares on it.
  6. AridLizard Win User

    offline spider solitare

    at the bottom of the window/screen there should be a + at the left end of the bar.

    if there isn't a bar with icons (+/new game, cog/options, cards, lightbulb/hints) at the bottom of the window/screen there should be a triangle/up arrow at the bottom right of the screen.

    click on the triangle/up arrow, and the + icon for New Game should show at bottom left.

    hope this helps
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

    Arrow icon

    Good point. If the arrow is still there in different lobbies then I’d say it’s supposed to be there.
  8. XBF Diego M Win User

    Arrow icon

    Hey Q775Q775! Thank you for reaching out to us. Our Ambassador above posted some great information about indicators and when they should be seen on your screen. Generally, if something is on the screen that shouldn't be there, it could be the console's
    software is displaying the incorrect icon or picture, and a simple
    hard reset and powercycle
    should resolve that issue. If the issue persists, then maybe the console's operating system may need to be reset. You can perform a

    soft factory reset
    to initiate that, but also keep all of your content still downloaded. Let us know the results!
  9. Arminator Win User

    Arrow icon

    A speaker icon in the lobby indicates that the console is picking up sound from the headset.

    Can you create a party chat, and check the circle around your Gamerpic, when you unplug the headset and plug it in again?

    Do you get a narrow circle border around your Gamerpic with the headset removed, and is the circle wider/thicker when you plug the headset in?

    Does the circle get thicker/thinner when you talk and pause talking, or does it stay thick all the time?

    If the circle in the party stays thick all the time while your headset is connected, you might have an electrical ground problem, where the headset is humming constantly.

    If you talk (or otherwise sound is picked up by the microphone), games will indicate who is talking by having a speaker icon next to their name, or above their character.

    Usually, only your team mates will see this indicator, so the enemy team can't see your location, even if you talk to your team mates.
Thema:

Newbie question... Left pointing arrow icon in Xbox 360 games?

Loading...
  1. Newbie question... Left pointing arrow icon in Xbox 360 games? - Similar Threads - Newbie question Left

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Newbie.. Can’t get gaming to work on Samsung TV.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newbie.. Can’t get gaming to work on Samsung TV.: Newbie. Bought a Samsung TV, connected an XBox controller, successfully redeemed a Game Pass Ultimate code. Still can’t play GTA V. It still says I have to buy Game Pass Ultimite. But I HAVE Game...
  10. Sharing Xbox games with a pass, can it be more than 2 consoles? Newbie needs help :(

    in XboX Insiders
    Sharing Xbox games with a pass, can it be more than 2 consoles? Newbie needs help :(: Right so, total newbie here. Partner has Xbox with live pass, shared with our daughters Xbox. I’ve found his old Xbox and would like to play some games. Questions, if I create my own Xbox sign in...