Newbie problem with location settings on xBox 360

Discus and support Newbie problem with location settings on xBox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good day, I have a problem with my new xBox 360 and can't find any issue how to fix it. I live in Czech republic. 2 days ago i bought my first new... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ayllin Lion, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Ayllin Lion
    Ayllin Lion Guest

Good day, I have a problem with my new xBox 360 and can't find any issue how to fix it.

I live in Czech republic. 2 days ago i bought my first new xbox consolle. I create a xbox live account on web paired with my Microsoft account about 14days ago. After login on xBox I put in some redeem codes, fox xbox gold, money voucher and Forza Horizon
    2 voucher. The problem is I did not expect the default location was sets to United States. I do not know it. When I find it out, I "migrate" it on web to Czech republic. That solve the problem with buying other games, but not Forza. I didn't download it before
    location change and now I can' t download it. The game downloads in full size, but it is "incomplete". I try delete it, clean cache data, switch location in console and download it again about 7 times and it is all the same. On the web i find some information
    that it can be cause of that location change. But if want to switch it back, it can be done only once in few months...

My question is, can I find any other issue than wait for few months, switch back to US, download Forza and for other few months have blocked any shopping to switching back to Czech?

:)

Ayllin Lion, Mar 13, 2016
  2. brilliant joey, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    ZIP code trouble

No problem! For clarification, are you using your Apple TV as a cable box? Let's start with making sure your Language & Location settings on your Xbox One console match where you currently live.

• On your Xbox One controller, press the Menu button and select Settings.
    • From Settings, go to System.
    • In the System menu, select Location.
    • From here you can change the settings to match your physical location.
    • Example: Language: Norsk, Location: Norway (Norge), etc.
    After everything is matched to your current physical location, try setting up OneGuide and let us know how everything goes!

Mister Beep, Mar 13, 2016
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

Thing is for forza your account region must reflect your actual region so switching it to the US won't help

Changing the local of the website won't help you

Since you are under the 90day rule you must wait the 90days before you can migrate so since you don't qualify for migration there is nothing you can do right now

Except create an new account with the proper regional settimgs

For most triple a titles like cod or forza you need a matching physical region an account region

ngocphi, Mar 13, 2016
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Because your account region doesn't reflect your actual region is why you are failing

You cannot change the account region until the account reaches 90days

Since you are only 2 days in

Changing the locale of the website doesn't change your account region

To change the account region it must be done on the website using the migration tool under account and change my region

You redeemed it on the correct regional website but you don't have a czech account that's the issue

ngocphi, Mar 13, 2016
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Not all content is region locked that's why you don't have issuess with some but will eventually run into them with m rated games

For the best experience with live your account region must reflect your actual region

ngocphi, Mar 13, 2016
  7. Ayllin Lion
    Ayllin Lion Guest
    Thank's to reply, but I think I still don't understand it right...

Once more what I have done. After reddemed that codes, I go to account and there were some billing info to put in. But it was all about US addreses and states, so I log on PC and web Microsoft account and there I was find in help the Migration tool. And
    I was allowed to use it, there was a US and i switch it to Czech without any errors. And on console i did a Licence transfer too, so when I try to do it again, it tells me that I must wait to July to transfer againg and so the Migration tool. But now I can
    put right Czech billing information. And after that in xBox store I bought two games, that downloads correctly.

So after that all I still don't have a right Czech account when everything else is allright? Only problem is the Forza. I think before that when I use the code on the "US" settings that I, how it says, "connect it to US store" and after that migration to
    Czech I am not able to download it, because the region is different than was when I use the code...

Ayllin Lion, Mar 13, 2016
  8. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Some content is region locked. Since you redeemed the code while you were on a US account, you would only be able to download it while you were still on a US account. Since your account region no longer matches the game's region, you won't be able to download
    it unless you migrate back.

Smwutches, Nov 2, 2018
  9. ngocphi Win User

Because your account region doesn't reflect your actual region is why you are failing

You cannot change the account region until the account reaches 90days

Since you are only 2 days in

Changing the locale of the website doesn't change your account region

To change the account region it must be done on the website using the migration tool under account and change my region

You redeemed it on the correct regional website but you don't have a czech account that's the issue
  10. ngocphi Win User

Thing is for forza your account region must reflect your actual region so switching it to the US won't help

Changing the local of the website won't help you

Since you are under the 90day rule you must wait the 90days before you can migrate so since you don't qualify for migration there is nothing you can do right now

Except create an new account with the proper regional settimgs

For most triple a titles like cod or forza you need a matching physical region an account region
  11. Ayllin Lion Win User

Thank's to reply, but I think I still don't understand it right...

Once more what I have done. After reddemed that codes, I go to account and there were some billing info to put in. But it was all about US addreses and states, so I log on PC and web Microsoft account and there I was find in help the Migration tool. And
    I was allowed to use it, there was a US and i switch it to Czech without any errors. And on console i did a Licence transfer too, so when I try to do it again, it tells me that I must wait to July to transfer againg and so the Migration tool. But now I can
    put right Czech billing information. And after that in xBox store I bought two games, that downloads correctly.

So after that all I still don't have a right Czech account when everything else is allright? Only problem is the Forza. I think before that when I use the code on the "US" settings that I, how it says, "connect it to US store" and after that migration to
    Czech I am not able to download it, because the region is different than was when I use the code...
  12. ngocphi Win User

Not all content is region locked that's why you don't have issuess with some but will eventually run into them with m rated games

For the best experience with live your account region must reflect your actual region
  13. Smwutches Win User

Some content is region locked. Since you redeemed the code while you were on a US account, you would only be able to download it while you were still on a US account. Since your account region no longer matches the game's region, you won't be able to download
    it unless you migrate back.
Thema:

1. Newbie problem with location settings on xBox 360 - Similar Threads - Newbie problem location

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  4. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  5. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  6. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  7. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  8. I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox account and then I got enough points to get 100 robux but the problem is that...: Please just give me my robux but I think that is expired b27477b9-d140-499a-aed1-05f4c87eae23
  9. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  10. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9