Newbie game code download problem

Discus and support Newbie game code download problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, my wife naively just bought an Xbox game from Amazon.co.uk for our granddaughter's birthday. Part of the process stated that she needed to create a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by paul63, Nov 15, 2022.

  1. paul63
    paul63 Guest

    Newbie game code download problem


    So, my wife naively just bought an Xbox game from Amazon.co.uk for our granddaughter's birthday. Part of the process stated that she needed to create a Microsoft acc in order to receive the voucher code. She did this and the code somehow downloaded into this new account and so the game is now unusable because we don't possess an Xbox, we only wanted to buy it for our grandchild. We rang Microsoft and got nowhere. Any suggestions ?

    :)
     
    paul63, Nov 15, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Newbie game code download problem

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today despite this Paul63

    If I understood correctly you redeemed this code / game in a new Microsoft account
    But you wanted instead to redeem the code in your granddaughter’s account?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    Downloading game for newbie

    Greetings mortus72,

    You need to purchase it on your daughters account. Downloaded games have digital licenses, so it wouldn't work on her account if you bought it with your LIVE account. Xbox Arcade games need to be purchased with Microsoft Points, you can either purchase these
    points with a Credit/Debit card from Xbox.com or via your console or with a Points card that can be bought from most video game retailers.

    Hope that helps.
  4. WPAK Win User

    Downloading game for newbie

    Hi there,



    Minecraft is a arcade game, which can only be downloaded, but I guess you already found that out :)

    I would guess that the best thing to do is buy the arcade game via your daughters account, but you might have to grant the rights for her to do so via the parental controls (if set up). Some information about parental controls can be found here

    support.xbox.com/.../online-safety

    -

    If you would buy the game on your account, your daughter would be able to play it on your console, but wouldn't be able to play the game on a different one. Since the licenses are attached to your account and your console. If the game is bought via her account,
    she would be able to play the game on a different console if necessary. Some additional information about licensing can be found here:

    support.xbox.com/.../download-content

    -

    But to be able to buy the game, a redeemable microsoft points card is needed (avaialble in stores) or a payment option has to be setup.

    Information on how to buy content (games etc) can be found here:

    support.xbox.com/.../download-content-history

    -

    If you have any more questions, just let us know :)



    EDIT: Guess it took a bit long creating my answer :)
  5. dieZOMBIED Win User

    Microsoft Money Account Issues?

    I managed to successfully download a game from the Arcade, (Slenderman if anyone was curious).

    I put in the Alan Wake disc and managed to purchase the DLCs without a problem!

    Guess I was being a newbie not knowing I need to insert the disc to download DLCs. I thought I did before when I downloaded a DLC for Left 4 Dead but I guess not...
  6. dieZOMBIED Win User

    Microsoft Money Account Issues?

    Good News!

    I managed to successfully download a game from the Arcade, (Slenderman if anyone was curious).

    I put in the Alan Wake disc and managed to purchase the DLCs without a problem!

    Guess I was being a newbie not knowing I need to insert the disc to download DLCs. I thought I did before when I downloaded a DLC for Left 4 Dead but I guess not...
Thema:

Newbie game code download problem

Loading...
  1. Newbie game code download problem - Similar Threads - Newbie game code

  2. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  3. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  4. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  5. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...
  6. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  7. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  8. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  9. Newbie.. Can’t get gaming to work on Samsung TV.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newbie.. Can’t get gaming to work on Samsung TV.: Newbie. Bought a Samsung TV, connected an XBox controller, successfully redeemed a Game Pass Ultimate code. Still can’t play GTA V. It still says I have to buy Game Pass Ultimite. But I HAVE Game...
  10. Sharing Xbox games with a pass, can it be more than 2 consoles? Newbie needs help :(

    in XboX Insiders
    Sharing Xbox games with a pass, can it be more than 2 consoles? Newbie needs help :(: Right so, total newbie here. Partner has Xbox with live pass, shared with our daughters Xbox. I’ve found his old Xbox and would like to play some games. Questions, if I create my own Xbox sign in...