New xbox series x today. No signal from HDMI

Discus and support New xbox series x today. No signal from HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just received a brand new xbox series x today. It powers on hut to will not detect a signal. I have tried all 4 ports on my tv and used 3 hdmi cables.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mattyspurs, May 11, 2023.

1. mattyspurs
    mattyspurs Guest

Just received a brand new xbox series x today.

It powers on hut to will not detect a signal. I have tried all 4 ports on my tv and used 3 hdmi cables. 2 i already own and the 1 that came with the xbox.

I already own a series s, I have tried all cables ina ll hdmi ports only tv and it works as it should, no issues at all so for me,that rules out my tv and the cables.

So I went to my parent this evening as they have 2 tvs. But yet again the new xbox would not work on those tvs either. When I change source on the tvs to the hdmi channels they all say that no source can be found.

I've had a close look at the hdmi port on the xbox. Looks fine,no damage from what I can see.

I have packed it backed up and I waiting for return label from where i purchased it from to hopefully get a replacement.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue with a brand new xbox. Am I missing something or is it hardware failure?

:)

mattyspurs, May 11, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

It is honestly quite weird for faulty consoles to be sent. But from what you are saying it is clear that a hardware failure is the issue here.

The good thing is that you have already initiated initiated the warranty process
  3. JohnF1895 Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

Update number 1, with a little more detail and the first failed solution attempt.

Hardware: Xbox series x, purchased brand new from retailer May 2023. LG television, 55 inch class 4k oled. Model OLED55C2PUA purchased new May 2023.

My issues include: Xbox powers up at 640 resolution on TV, x ox powers up and tv doesn't receive a signal from it, despite the TV activating when Xbox it turned on, signal drops out mid game with snow on screen like old school tv no channel snow, and when exiting a game to go back to the Xbox dashboard it loses signal. Unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable fixed the issue. Multiple cables and all HDMI ports were tried. Same conditions.

Attempt to fix 1: went with the optical HDMI cable mentioned earlier in this thread. This did not correct the disconnection/no signal issue. Therefore I can not recommend that as a solution.

HDMI repeater was suggested by another poster, that arrives today and will be trying that beginning tonight. The optical HDMI cable is not compatible with the repeater so I will be using top of the line HDMI cables. I will report back on the results.

For what it's worth, my series S has no problems connecting to the TV properly and does not lose signal.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.4

There's no HDMI 2.1 to Displayport 1.4 adaptors available as of yet,

There are Displayport 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adaptors available, but the signal only goes one direction and the Series X does not have a Displayport,

also with adaptor you run the risk of getting higher latency input, lower refresh rate, poor image quality,

for a clean bandwidth signal, it's best to connect straight HDMI to HDMI or Displayport to Displayport.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

what kind of lan ethernet jack does the xbox series x use?

Hi, AnthonyCipriano! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

The best ethernet cable for Xbox Series X is any Cat 5e or higher cable. The Xbox Series X console comes with a 2-metre Ultra High Speed HDMI cable that supports HDMI 2.1 features. You can refer to this link for more information: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  6. Davolc Win User

Series X Issues

I have exactly the same issue today with the Xbox Series X but not the S.

"issue with flickering pixels that only happen on the menus of the console, but not in game"

tried multiple displays and multiples HDMI cable.

Do you have any news update?
Thema:

1. New xbox series x today. No signal from HDMI - Similar Threads - series today signal

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. if i purchase a xbox series x today will i receive the latest model from microsoft and by...

in XBoX on Windows
    if i purchase a xbox series x today will i receive the latest model from microsoft and by...: if i purchase a xbox series x today from microsoft will i receive the latest model from microsoft and also by purchasing it from microsoft be the best way to insure this?...
  5. I have a Xbox Series X I've been offline for about 4months I went online today and now my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Xbox Series X I've been offline for about 4months I went online today and now my...: I have a Xbox Series X I've been offline for about 4months I went online today and now my accounts cannot be signed into the console. I removed the accounts and now when I try to sign in I get a...
  6. Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box: I have just received an Xbox series x. I have it connected to the Wi-Fi via Ethernet and for some reason it won’t stay connected for longer than 2 minutes? I use this same cable for my ps5 which...
  7. I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...: Any ideas on how to connect the controller i had normal controllers that connected in the past but this one will not connect when I try to connect it it says connection rejected I tried multiple...
  8. i just bought a new xbox series x today for the sole purpose that i heard the old cod games...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i just bought a new xbox series x today for the sole purpose that i heard the old cod games...: i recently bought a new xbox series x to play mw2 online i had. to make a new account i just downloaded mw2 and i it won’t let me play online it keeps saying this account can not play on xbox live...
  9. I purchased Xbox Series X Diablo IV Bundle today but the game isn't showing up for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Xbox Series X Diablo IV Bundle today but the game isn't showing up for...: I purchased Xbox Series X Diablo IV Bundle today but the game isn't showing up for download, how do I get the game? 9ec456eb-3357-4604-83b2-1f62a03e5b83
  10. We have an Xbox 1 and today got Series X.

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have an Xbox 1 and today got Series X.: We have 2 Xbox consoles hooked up on separate TVs. We each have our own profile under 1 account. We subscribe to game pass ultimate. Is there a way we can play online together? There are a couple...