New Xbox Series X FH5 controller weak Bluetooth connection with PC

Discus and support New Xbox Series X FH5 controller weak Bluetooth connection with PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Exactly what the title says, ever since I got the controller when it released (it's the LE transparent FH5 one) this has been an issue but just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ItsRusT, Sep 9, 2022.

1. ItsRusT
    ItsRusT Guest

Exactly what the title says, ever since I got the controller when it released (it's the LE transparent FH5 one) this has been an issue but just recently its been really getting on my nerves. It takes forever to connect to my PC and will randomly disconnect when playing, not really so much input lag it just disconnects. The Bluetooth drivers for my PC are the latest, the adapter works fine with everything else Bluetooth, my PC is pretty powerful and brand new, the controller works fine with my Xbox One S, and my standard issue Xbox One S controller that came with the console when I got it works perfect connectivity wise which itself is 5 years old. No I don't want to use the Xbox One S controller because the new one is more comfortable and doesn't have drag (yet).

I have tried a bunch of others fix methods as I'm generally pretty tech savvy and even with any other device that uses Bluetooth like a phone or laptop its fine. Anyone know what might be going on here? Help is appreciated!

:)

ItsRusT, Sep 9, 2022
  2. ItsRusT Win User

Yep I've tried all of those, thought it might've been some sort of defective transmitter but like I mentioned it works fine with my phone via Bluetooth.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Itsrust

Could be that your current Bluetooth card doesn't support very well the newest controllers.
    According to the this article:
    "The Xbox Wireless Controller can connect via Bluetooth to many PCs, tablets, laptops, and VR/AR headsets. However, reliability is dependent on the device’s Bluetooth card and experiences may vary"

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

May I know if you already tried all the troubleshooting steps related to "my controller doesn't connect or disconnects unexpectedly when using Bluetooth" from the same article shared above?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, the experience may vary from one device to other. It really depends on the Bluetooth card.

Is your controller firmware up to date?
    If you want we can try downgrading the firmware to see if that helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If not, the best option is use the controller via cable or get a newer Bluetooth card for your computer (or Bluetooth USB Adapter / or the Xbox wireless adapter)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Why can't I pair up Bluetooth wireless earbuds with my console?

it uses wifi that the xbox has a receiver and sender for, similar to the microsoft pc wireless adapter but obviously built into the console.

no bluetooth at all. there is not a single bluetooth chip in the console, the modern xbox controller connect via wifi to the console or bluetooth to phones and pc if not using the adapter for pc. only the controller has bluetooth and this is basic at best.

Does the Xbox Series X or Series S support Bluetooth? | Windows Central

No Bluetooth for Xbox Series X

The Xbox Series X doesn't have Bluetooth, similarly to the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. The reason is simple; the Bluetooth signal isn't strong enough to meet Microsoft's specifications for latency. Microsoft uses its proprietary signal, dubbed Xbox Wireless, for connecting controllers and other accessories, like the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 and the SteelSeries 9X wireless headsets.

Microsoft's signal is far stronger than Bluetooth. Since many people typically game while sitting far away from their consoles in the living room or so on, Bluetooth's susceptibility to interference increases exponentially at longer ranges. If you were hoping you could use a USB Bluetooth adapter, it wouldn't work either, as the Xbox Series X and other Xbox One consoles don't have the drivers necessary to power them.
Thema:

1. New Xbox Series X FH5 controller weak Bluetooth connection with PC - Similar Threads - Series FH5 controller

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  4. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  5. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  6. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  7. Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.: For some reason, I have an Xbox Series X system update issue. It will not update correctly connecting to WIFI or a physical connection to my Internet, so I got it shipped off to Microsoft to fix...
  8. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  9. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  10. How to get FH5 working again since refusing to launch after Series 26 dl!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get FH5 working again since refusing to launch after Series 26 dl!?: Okay, so on the 10th i've just finished successfully downloading the series 26 update (aka Dia De Muertos) of FH5 on my Xbox One S and when i've tried booting up the game, not for nothing would it...