New Xbox Series X controller on PC bug: FIFA 21 Menu Pressing Random Buttons

Discus and support New Xbox Series X controller on PC bug: FIFA 21 Menu Pressing Random Buttons in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have just purchased a brand new official Xbox Series X controller for my PC. I have installed it and it works perfectly fine with most of my games,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Vanchatron, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Vanchatron
    Vanchatron Guest

I have just purchased a brand new official Xbox Series X controller for my PC. I have installed it and it works perfectly fine with most of my games, except for FIFA 21. When in the Menu section of FIFA, the controller starts randomly acting as though
    the left analog stick is being constantly held up and down, even though I'm not touching it. I can't access any of the menus as the controller is constantly moving up and down between the different menu selections.

I have looked online for a solution and can't find any simple solution for this. I have updated my controller via the Xbox Accessories App as well, but the problem is still there.

I am using my controller via Bluetooth connection.

I desperately need some help with this as I am extremely close to just returning the controller to the store for a refund. I have never had this issue with any other controller in the past, and even used an Xbox One controller perfectly fine with the game
    on Bluetooth, yet the Xbox Series X controller doesn't seem to work properly.

Thank you.

:)

Vanchatron, Jan 12, 2021
  2. ImAice Win User

Career mode fifa 22

Hi Sam! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

If you’re experiencing these career issues with FIFA 22 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, chances are you will be able to fix the issue simply by resetting the game’s cache:

Start by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.

From the context menu that just appeared, access the My games & apps menu.

From the next context menu, choose Select All.

Next, select the Games tab, then move over to the right-hand section and select FIFA 22 from the list of games.

Next, press the Options menu, then access the Manage game and add-ons menu.

From the dedicated menu of FIFA 22, navigate downloads and highlight Saved Data, then press X on your controller.

From the FIFA 22 Saved data menu, hit Delete all, then confirm the operation and wait until the operation is complete.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Question on how to refresh the Home Screen on my Series S

4. Tomm_A Win User

How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

Hello Aptom,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your query is related to inverting the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" from the guide.

3. Select "Settings" from the Profile & system menu.

4. Select "Ease of Access" from the Settings menu.

5. Select "Controller" from the Ease of Access menu.

6. Select "Button mapping" from the Controller menu.

7. Select "Invert right stick X axis" from the Button mapping menu.

8. Toggle the switch to "On" to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick.

If the steps do not work, try the step below:

To invert the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X, you need to use the Xbox Accessories app. This app allows you to customize your controller settings, such as swapping sticks, triggers, buttons, and inverting axes.

Here are the steps to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick:

• Launch the Xbox Accessories app from your Xbox Series X dashboard or download it from the Microsoft Store if you don’t have it already.
    • Select the controller that you want to customize and press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Configure and then choose a slot to save your custom profile.
    • Select the right stick and press the A button on your controller.
    • Select Invert X-axis and press the A button again to confirm.
    • Press the B button to go back to the previous screen and then select Save to apply your changes.
    You can also rename your custom profile and assign it to a specific game if you want. Your custom profile will be applied to all games that you play with that controller, unless you switch to another profile or the default one.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone have a list of all Fifa’s that run on Series X?

Fifa 21
    Fifa 22
    Fifa 23
    Not quite what they were asking. Those FIFA's have Series X|S versions.

However, since Series X (with its optical drive) plays Xbox One games, the list goes back to FIFA 14.

Note, none of the Xbox 360 versions are backwards compatible.
  6. ste1975ven Win User

Xbox One March Update Broke Game

Try pressing the menu button on your controller while you have the Fifa button selected and fully "Quit" the game. Then try re-launching
Thema:

1. New Xbox Series X controller on PC bug: FIFA 21 Menu Pressing Random Buttons - Similar Threads - Series controller bug

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  5. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  6. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  7. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  8. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  9. my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i...: my controller that i got with my series x is bugging out. it’s moving on it’s own and i can’t play games or do anything c97f1047-ba26-43e9-b00c-55594632fcdc
  10. When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls: all my software is up to date and my internet is alway stable, but yet when i remote play to my series x to play cyberpunk, the controls bugs out like crazy. my sensitivity goes to almost zero and...