New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working

Discus and support New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I got the new xbox series x and the controller it came with works perfectly fine except when I plug headphones into the headphone jack the right side... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/No-Mess6437, Aug 23, 2021.

1. New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working

I got the new xbox series x and the controller it came with works perfectly fine except when I plug headphones into the headphone jack the right side of the headset works great, but the left is quiet. I have tried multiple headsets and they all have the same issue. Also, the headsets work in my old xbox one controllers so I know this is a controller issue and not a headset issue. Also, when I hold the cord in a very specific way it begins to better connect the left side of the headset. It almost feels like the aux is not hitting everything it needs to in the new controller. I have made sure the cord is firmly plugged in and I updated the controller through the xbox. If anyone has any other ideas or potential solutions, it would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/No-Mess6437
    [link] [comments]

/u/No-Mess6437, Aug 23, 2021
  2. SvenTheDragon Win User

Next Gen Consoles

Thank you!

also, I have another question that I forgot to add to the original post:

Will Xbox one controllers work with the Series x and Series s? I'm thinking about getting a new controller because my current one is pretty old.

one last question: do controllers bought from the Design Lab have headphone jacks on the bottom?

Thank you so much!

-Sven
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How do I get my headphone jack to connect into my xbox series x/s controller correctly?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Blake

I found this strange, Xbox series X/S controllers has the same 3.5mm jack connector as the Xbox one controllers

Why headphones do you have?
    Did you tried using a completely different headset to see if something similar happens?
    Or if you have another Xbox Series X/S controllers please try the headphones there
  4. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Xbox One Docking Station HELP

Any charging dock that works with the original controller should work with the new 3.5mm headphone jack controllers. The USB port is in the same spot and the rest of the dimensions are the same.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Mute Icon will not go away

Might need a new controller if the headphone jack is bad.
  6. With Tatsuhiko Win User

Sounds coming from my Headphones

Hello, the headphones has both USB and jack port, I used to jack with my controller, no adapter is needed.

the headphones works well in my laptop
Thema:

New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working

1. New Xbox Series X Controller Headphone Jack Not Working - Similar Threads - Series Controller Headphone

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  4. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller???: Can headphones be connected to the USB C port of the Xbox Series X controller??? fd461cf0-13b3-4de4-9c40-15543c82b254
  9. Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox Series S/X controller's headphone jack work on Android if using WIRED?: Hello. I recently acquired a Xbox Series S/X controller to use on Android for mobile games and GamePass. I know for a fact that the 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack doesn't work via bluetooth, as...
  10. Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in: When I plug in my Razor headset (wired) into my wireless X|S Controller it grays out the Headset Chat Mixer. I'm in the Alpha Ring of the Insider Updates, so I'm unsure if it's the Insider or...