New xbox series x burning plastic smell

Discus and support New xbox series x burning plastic smell in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Only playing 1080p game for about an hour and it is almost too hot to touch the side of the xbox series x console. It is on a shelf with plenty of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Awakxnn, Sep 13, 2023.

  1. Awakxnn
    Awakxnn Guest

    New xbox series x burning plastic smell


    Only playing 1080p game for about an hour and it is almost too hot to touch the side of the xbox series x console.

    It is on a shelf with plenty of ventilation.

    The top of the console where the fan is I have got a surface temperature of arund 41.2c. It does not sound like a noisy console, but just runs very hot and plastic smell fills my room.

    I am not looking forward to how hot it might get if I play 4k games.

    Is this normal?

    :)
     
    Awakxnn, Sep 13, 2023
    #1
  2. McDaddyTree Win User

    Xbox One X weird smell

    Electronics should have that nice new plastic smell but if it smells like burning plastic then you should probably exchange it.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

    New xbox series x burning plastic smell

    41.2c is not very warm for a games console, but since you get a burning plastic smell and the console is very hot, then I would suggest taking it back to where you got it from for a replacement or your money back.
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

    New xbox series x burning plastic smell

    Hi. My name is Mel and I am an independent advisor. Due to the fact it smells like burning plastic I would suggest returning to where you purchased from and getting a replacement.
  5. SammyVS Win User

    Xbox series x plastic burning smell

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

    I think the best thing is to send your console in for repair, mate. This link contains instructions on how to do this and more information.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. ChildishSole92 Win User

    Second Xbox360 E smells. Burning/Plastic

    same problem, no answers... brand new xbox 360; smells like burning plastic! soar throaght... help!! is this normal?
Thema:

New xbox series x burning plastic smell

Loading...
  1. New xbox series x burning plastic smell - Similar Threads - series burning plastic

  2. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  3. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  4. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  5. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  6. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  7. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  8. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  9. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  10. My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb: The trouble only started this morning Thursday 2nd November I have owned my console from new for a couple of years now and never had a problem before today everything else works fine I just can’t...