New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work

Discus and support New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I purchased a new Xbox controller for the Series X. I wasn't able to turn it on with the home button so I plugged it in with a USB cable to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Geekulous, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Geekulous
    Geekulous Guest

Hello!

I purchased a new Xbox controller for the Series X. I wasn't able to turn it on with the home button so I plugged it in with a USB cable to the console, every button/stick works except for the Home button. The Home button will not turn the console on, open dashboard or anything.

I tried updating the controller firmware, hard reset the console and left it off and unplugged for a couple minutes. Everything else works when plugged in or unplugged.

Is there any other trouble shooting steps I'm missing before I request a replacement? Noticed the replacement form does not have the option for a non-working home button New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work :)

Thanks!

:)

Geekulous, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Geekulous! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If your controller isn’t working and needs replacing, enter the controller’s serial number at the bottom of this page. You can find the serial number inside the battery compartment, below the barcode.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. wwkingms Win User

xbox controller home button issue wont resolve

OK strange new development/observation

it appears if i plug the controller into the xbox via usb, than still the home button doesn't work, HOWEVER if i remove the batteries making the controller dependent on the xbox for power then the HOME BUTTON WORKS IMMEDIATELY! while plugged into the xbox
    with a working home button if i put the batteries back into the controller, without hitting anything, the home button stops working again.

and remember the controller will turn the xbox on via home button even while not connected by USB...

what in the world is up with this controller?!
  4. Arminator Win User

Xbox one controller home button not working

Can you try to connect the controller with a Micro-USB cable to the console, and check if you're able to correctly use the Xbox home button with the cable?

Does the controller work after you remove the cable again?

Do you have a second controller to check if the other controller's home button works?
  5. Hey Papi Win User

Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working

I have had the same issue with the new design of the controller not registering proper clicks but I think its just a design flaw because it does work just have to make sure you are properly clicking the controller button. I have noticed that the new design
    has the xbox home button flush with the controller face so it's not as easy to click the button to the point that the controller registers the action to the console. It takes some getting use to IMO. The initial design of the controller has the xbox home button
    slightly lifted from the face plate of the controller making it easier to feel and get proper textured feedback when pressed down. Though I'm not sure if the new design has anything different about the depth and pressure needed to press before xbox home button
    registers but that can be part of the issue as well.
  6. OlDirtyBawbagg Win User

Xbox One Controller Replacement, Live Chat Support - Complaint.

My controller home button doesn't work, I've tried turning my XBOX and controller of and on hundreds of times and still no hope, does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to send away for a new one and be waiting for about a month with no XBOX
Thema:

1. New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work - Similar Threads - Series Controller Home

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  4. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  9. Xbox series S only home button working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S only home button working on controller: Basically what the title says. I have an xbox series S, with the series S controller. It first started with the problem of the controller not syncing with the battery packs (instead of double As,...
  10. Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick: After connecting to a different Xbox for the first time and pressing the change profile button, the controllers home button turned dark blue and came unresponsive except for the left analog stick...