New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update"

Discus and support New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently received my Xbox One and I was really excited to play it. Once I plugged everything in, everything connected and it seemed good... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LBJ6TORRES9, Dec 24, 2015.

1. LBJ6TORRES9
    LBJ6TORRES9 Guest

Hello,

I have recently received my Xbox One and I was really excited to play it. Once I plugged everything in, everything connected and it seemed good to go! Unfortunately, the first update I encountered did complete. It kept telling me that there was a problem
    with the update and that I should visit Xbox.com to find support. I tried restarting my console, holding the xbox button for 8 seconds and then unplugging the console for 30 seconds before replugging, I have also checked my internet connection and it says everything
    is good. It seems like the update fails at about 70-89% every time. After searching for multiple results and speaking to Microsoft advisors, I was told to do a Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool. But one of the step asks me to find the OS which requires
    me to go to the home screen and scroll which I am incapable of doing because I'm stuck on the "There was a problem with the update" screen and the only options allow me to Try update again. check internet or turn xbox off. Everytime I press the menu or xbox
    home button, nothing happens. I'm stuck with those options and I am getting nowhere with it!

:)

LBJ6TORRES9, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Xbox One: "There was a problem with the update"

A surge protector can be bought in any electrical store and even many supermarkets such as Asda, Walmart etc. See the link for an example:

discountstationerysupplies.co.uk/Extension-Lead-Power-Surge-Strip-with-Spike-Protection-4-Way-2-Metre-White.aspx

Also the problem will not be related to 'purchase and content usage'. If you lose power to your xbox whilst doing the update this could corrupt the update firmware and in some cases possibly even damage the hard drive. The diagnostic should help you find
    the root of the problem.

Andres360xbox, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Xbox One: "There was a problem with the update"

Also, make sure your Xbox is plugged into a surge protector, that will help if you have another power outage.

Eggnogga, Dec 24, 2015
  4. New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update"

there is an option on the offline tool that says if you cant find out which os you have, to use this file , the file version is "restore factory defaults"...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 24, 2015
  5. LBJ6TORRES9
    LBJ6TORRES9 Guest
    @Bimnog, Hello! Merry Christmas and thank you for the reply! I was just wondering if it requires me to go on the Xbox home screen to restore the factory defaults? Sorry, I'm really new to this set up!

LBJ6TORRES9, Dec 25, 2015
  6. No , the option I'm talking about in the offline tool is made for when you CANT get to the home scree or settings , just follow those instructions , it will boot up from the usb drive ...the part you will need to look at says ..

"If the console is experiencing an issue that would require you to Restore Factory Defaults after a system update, but you're unable to access the Settings hub, use this file.

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Hordie Win User

Problem with the xbox one new update.

Hi Crocsx,

Sorry you're having issues with a Preview Update. As you're in the preview program this would best belong in the Preview Forums. Follow the link posted above and follow the answers given there. Also that said, the E100 error usually requires a Offline System
    Update or a Service. I would suggest letting the mods and community in that section help you with this.
  8. Crocsx Win User

i did it for like 30 sec, i will try to unplug for more time
  9. ColinNeighbour Win User

Hi Crocsx,

The preview forums can be found here>>forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

it really is the best place to get info and help with the preview program, if you get "group not found" reply back and a staff member will check and sort your access.

In the mean time, try taking the update again but unplug any USB devices you have connected eg: kinect, external HDD. Also remove any disc from the drive and don't touch your controller while it's updating.

Mythreign
  10. Kenny H. Win User

If you haven't already, something else to try if an update fails is turning the console off and unplugging it for 5 minutes.
  11. Crocsx Win User

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

I posted in booth forum, i don't think the problem is related to the preview program since the console is now hard reset to the factory default.

I have no kinect/USB key/controller or other stuff put on the console when I do the update :3

Anyway, i contacted the chat support and they said i have to replace the console (which i don't want to do Halo 5 IS SOO CLOOOSSSEEE xD). Will try some more manipulations before doing that.
Thema:

1. New Xbox One - "There was a problem with the update" - Similar Threads - was problem update

2. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  3. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  4. Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates

in XboX Insiders
    Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates: After the latest ALPHA ring updates, I noticed that the console takes a long time to turn off, I have the console in energy saving mode. I also found the console turned off but instead it was...
  5. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  6. Dolby audio problems after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby audio problems after latest update: Alpha Ring — Dolby atmos and Dolby digital no longer works after the latest update. No audio from the system, games, movies or blu-ray when Dolby output selected. Anyone else having Dolby audio...
  7. Please fix capture problem since update..

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix capture problem since update..: Any way to fix this ? submitted by /u/Usual-Assistant8369 [link] [comments]
  8. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  9. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  10. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d