New Xbox One S user. Having trouble connecting to the internet. Weird problems

Discus and support New Xbox One S user. Having trouble connecting to the internet. Weird problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Finally upgraded from a Xbox 360 which works perfectly, but felt it was necessary to get an Xbox One due to all the nice new games and to compliment my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by House of Farts, Nov 11, 2017.

1. New Xbox One S user. Having trouble connecting to the internet. Weird problems

Finally upgraded from a Xbox 360 which works perfectly, but felt it was necessary to get an Xbox One due to all the nice new games and to compliment my 4k TV.

Well I am already having issues with it. Internet connection problems. Hooked it all up. Would not connect to the internet via wired or wirelessly in my room. Reset modem and no go. What is odd is that same CAT cable from the wall works perfectly on my
    X360 and for my Samsung Smart TV. Tried wirelessly, no go either. It actually restarted the Xbox 1 when I put in the correct wifi password in How odd is that!?!? Even have a video of that I can upload to youtube. So I opened a RMA with Microsoft thinking my
    Ethernet port or something was defective.

But out of curiosity I decided to go to the modem room. I hooked my Xbox One S up directly to the modem. Connected immediately! Tried Wifi in that room too. Worked perfect! So I thought, maybe it just needed an update which it did and I finally had a chance
    to go through the setup process.

So I took it back to my room which shares a wall, probably 15 feet away, still no go, doesn't connect to the internet!

I even unhooked it all and hooked my X360 back up and it connected to the internet perfectly. So did my TV.

What is going on!? I really don't want to return it since it works fine in the modem room. Its just odd that it doesn't work in my room even wirelessly.

:)

House of Farts, Nov 11, 2017
  2. Wireless connection

Hi having problems connecting the xbox to wireless internet, did all the trouble shooting, had no problem connecting the switch and the play station very strange ??

Player317899337, Nov 11, 2017
  3. Xbox

I am having trouble connecting my xbox controler to my xbox one s

Mcbumbersnazel, Nov 11, 2017
  4. New Xbox One S user. Having trouble connecting to the internet. Weird problems

Got WiFi to work.

Really weird. Have to not have an ethernet cable plugged in before you turn it on. Connects to wiFi in my room. But check this video I made when I plug an ethernet cable in:

House of Farts, Nov 12, 2017
  5. House of Farts Win User

Got WiFi to work.

Really weird. Have to not have an ethernet cable plugged in before you turn it on. Connects to wiFi in my room. But check this video I made when I plug an ethernet cable in:
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Home Xbox won't let me play games offline. Fix?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Xbox. There could be a few different issues causing the problems you're experiencing.

One possibility is that there is a problem with your internet connection. You mentioned that your internet is spotty, so it's possible that the Xbox is having trouble connecting to the internet. If this is the case, try troubleshooting your internet connection to see if that helps.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with your Xbox itself. This could be due to a hardware issue or a software issue. If you think this might be the case, you could try resetting your Xbox to see if that helps. To reset your Xbox, go to the "Settings" menu, then select "System," then "Console info & updates," and then select "reset console."
  7. Bbugger Win User

Cant get xbox conected to internet

OH and if this is helpfull i did not have a problem with connecting to the internet before i sent my xbox in for repairs. Now it has trouble connecting to the internet
  8. Pestilence360 Win User

Error code

There is a weird, rare bug that can cause network problems with an external harddrive. If you have one, try to turn it off, start the Xbox and connect to the internet. If that works, you can turn the external hdd on again.
  9. Lolusc0 Win User

Never again

Even if you disagree, normally, the problems are with your internet connection, by the way, if the problem is with your Xbox, contact the support. I have the 360 and One S, and both are working fine.
Thema:

1. New Xbox One S user. Having trouble connecting to the internet. Weird problems - Similar Threads - user Having trouble

2. Why don't I have my doritos gamepass activation email? I'm a new user

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't I have my doritos gamepass activation email? I'm a new user: I bought doritos with an unlock Xbox game pass ultimate. I registered on their website and I haven't gotten an activation email so I can sign in and claim my code....
  3. Hello I have been a long time user of xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I have been a long time user of xbox: Hello I have been a long time user of xbox and recently bought cyberpunk 2077 bundle and had thought that the action has been accepted and completed but I was wrong it recently tried to get...
  4. Why is Microsoft asking me to set a gamer tag (as if I’m a new user) when I already have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsoft asking me to set a gamer tag (as if I’m a new user) when I already have...: Hello. When I went to log into to my Microsoft account via Minecraft on my iPad to join a private realm I use, it asked me to set a gamer tag as if I am a new user that has never set up a gamer...
  5. I forgot my account email and password for my minecraft account but i do have my user name...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I forgot my account email and password for my minecraft account but i do have my user name...: I have my account logged in on my old computer but for my new computer I want to log in to my Minecraft account that I have right now because I don't feel like wasting another 20 dollars for an...
  6. since when did u have to pay to change your user on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    since when did u have to pay to change your user on xbox: I just found out today that you have to pay £8:00 quid just to change your username on xbox is it just me or is it happening to you guys aswell? submitted by /u/AJDemaline67 [link] [comments]
  7. Have a Game Preset on user Options

in XboX Insiders
    Have a Game Preset on user Options: Do we have an option to set a preset for games, like audio, visual, and dificulty etc? Really important in game audio and game text. When a game doesn't have an option on menu to change language,...
  8. Is it possible to use my redeemed gift code that I have saved into my user credit to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to use my redeemed gift code that I have saved into my user credit to buy...: [img] I the image above I have provided clear statements of my gift card being redeemed into my user credit. When I attempt to redeem Minecraft with my 30$ code there is money due however when...
  9. Xbox Series X|S User Interface concept I made, if you have any other ideas, please let me know!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X|S User Interface concept I made, if you have any other ideas, please let me know!: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pyritekip [link] [comments]
  10. Can i have 2 user profiles tied to the same gmail and live acct

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i have 2 user profiles tied to the same gmail and live acct: Hello everyone, I currently have a xbox acct, live and game pass set up under one email. My sons profile is saved under this same email. Is it possible for me to open up a 2nd profile and...