New Xbox one controller won’t connect. Sync/connect button on console doesn’t do anything...

Discus and support New Xbox one controller won’t connect. Sync/connect button on console doesn’t do anything... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! The RB on my old Xbox one controller broke. So I got a new controller and tried to connect but am having trouble with both wired and wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cccc5ZZ, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Cccc5ZZ
    Cccc5ZZ Guest

New Xbox one controller won’t connect. Sync/connect button on console doesn’t do anything...

Hi! The RB on my old Xbox one controller broke. So I got a new controller and tried to connect but am having trouble with both wired and wireless connection. When I try to sync it to the console using a USB, the controller vibrates when it is plugged in and no longer needs batteries to stay on. But that’s it, no control over the console and the Xbox button on the controller stays blinking (whether the slow usual blinking or the fast blinking of trying to sync, neither go away when plugged in). Trying to connect wirelessly is even more frustrating, as the sync/connect button on the side of my console does absolutely nothing—something must be missing or otherwise broken because the button doesn’t even make contact with anything when I push it in (I took that side grate off and indeed the button just eventually, with force greater than is meant on the button, hits the metal casing of the console, not a part that has any controls).

So a few questions:

- any idea why the usb connection doesn’t work? The cable I have it the right size and again some connection to the power of the console is recognized (vibration, power without batteries)—do I need a specific quality of the cable or something?

- can I buy/easily install whatever I must be missing from the sync button to make it function? Can I just press/pull whatever needs done with a pen or something?

- any other thoughts? I’m stuck here and have no clue what to do. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:)

Cccc5ZZ, Dec 19, 2022
  2. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  3. Jodie Win User

Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

Have you tried re-syncing your controller and xbox together?

1. Turn on the Xbox One you want to sync with.
    2. Next, turn on your controller by pressing the Xbox button. The Xbox button will flash, indicating that it’s looking for a console to sync with.
    3. Press and release the Connect button on your console. On the Xbox One X and Xbox One S, you’ll find this at the bottom-right of your system, under the power button. For the original model Xbox One, the button is on the left side of the console,
      right around the corner from the disc slot.
    4. Press and hold the Connect button on your controller. You’ll find this small circular button on the top of your controller. The Xbox button should flash a few times, then stay solid once connected.
  4. Mark Sherwood Win User

XBOX grey controllers

Hey there MoltenMedua10. There are 2 ways to do this, either connect the control pads to the console via the charging cable (which will automatically sync them to the console) Or, sync them manually. If you are using the SLIM xbox, the sync button can be
    found on the face of the xbox, just next to where the USB ports are. Press that, and then at the same time press the sync button on your control pad (on the roof of the control pad you will see a small circular button just next to the charge input). For the
    older consoles, the sync button can be found next to the disk tray (its a small round button).

Here is an in depth guide that will show you exactly what to do.

support.xbox.com/.../connecting-game-controllers
  5. Maxycase Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Is the controller new? has it been working before?

Try to press the sync button on the controller and the Xbox console. More details can be found here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
    I bought it used froma friend he had it working on his console but when I got it the sync button was pushed in all the way. Then I opened up the contoller to find the sync button has completely broken off and rattles around in my contoller so pressing the
    sync button on my controller is not possible
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Sync issues

The sync button on my xbox one x will not work ive tried it all from powering down to the hard reset. Any ideas???
    Hi FaintestRoom26,

I'm sorry to hear that there's issues with the sync button.

I do know that there's an alternative way to sync your controller to the Xbox One.

You can sync your controller by connecting it via USB cable to the Xbox, once plugged in do the hard reset to your console.

Once it's back up try to see if you're able to use your controller wireless, or you can keep it wired.

Here is a link in regards to this as well:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller
Thema:

1. New Xbox one controller won’t connect. Sync/connect button on console doesn’t do anything... - Similar Threads - controller won’t connect

2. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  3. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  4. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  5. How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t: So I have the original Xbox one and a newer Xbox controller and it worked fine for awhile but now it won’t connect and the pair button on my Xbox won’t work and I don’t know why but I’ve tried...
  6. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  7. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  8. Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to my controller: Whenever I turn on my Xbox controller it never connects and it infuriates me, I Kon it may not sound like it but I don’t want to come off in any way. I’ve tried everything, connecting a charger to...
  9. Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Touchscreen controls on fortnite won’t go away once I connect my controller: Hi, for a while now whenever I connect my Xbox controller to my laptop to play Fortnite on xcloud, the touchscreen controls stay on my screen. This makes it very annoying while playing. I’d...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox connect to the tv or controller: I just moved it from one room to another and it turns on but it’ll turn off after 5 minutes, it won’t sync with the controller and the tv won’t bring up anything 91554bea-535f-4835-b708-6891c5fe6422