New Xbox One Controller that doesnt work with batteries or battery pack.

Discus and support New Xbox One Controller that doesnt work with batteries or battery pack. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received a new xbox one controller for Christmas. I already had the original controller which is broken but still works well enough. After opening... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EC1235, Jan 7, 2021.

1. EC1235
    EC1235 Guest

I received a new xbox one controller for Christmas. I already had the original controller which is broken but still works well enough. After opening the new controller I immediately went to get the battery pack from my original controller, but it didn't
    work. So I went and got a set of AA batteries instead, which also didn't work. I thought it was kind of odd but went to get a charger. The new controller only works when I use it like a wired controller. I even ordered a new battery pack and docking station
    for my controllers from Microsoft. My original controller still works just fine with all the battery packs and the docking station but the new controller wont work unless its plugged in. I did update it, to no avail. I was wondering if anyone else had other
    suggestions, or if I'm stuck with a wired controller now?

:)

EC1235, Jan 7, 2021
  2. harleydixied Win User

My Xbox One controller goes off by itself while i play

Sounds like it has a bqd vonnection inside the batter pack, or inside the controller reading the batteries, id suggest changing the battery pack/batteries first, if that doesnt work id suggest trying another controller.
  3. Blueschill Win User

Hello :) Oh I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your controller. I may have a solution to your problem that may work...it sounds like. I do hope I can help. Take off any accessories you have plugged into your Controller. With it plugged in via
    its Cable, and whilst powered on & a charged battery in it (or battery Pack). First do a Hard Reset on your Xbox Console by Holding down it's Power Button for ten seconds, and release once it Shuts Down. Then power back up. If that had not worked, then
    again with your controller plugged in and on, Press and HOLD the Sync Button on your Pad for around 15 Seconds until it vibrates Twice and turns Off. Then power it back up and hopefully it will sync. (Side Note, I have heard that unplugging External Hdd's
    have worked then resetting Xbox. Also turning off 'Always On' power mode could work also.) I do hope that helps you. It is a known issue and Xbox are working on it as we speak. Let me know if this fixes your problem and what you did. Also,
    If non of those worked you can try using the Xbox Assistant If you are unfamiliar with it, this is how to get there and follow the painless troubleshooting shooting process, that is integrated within your Xbox System as it is very good. You can get there
    by, -Pressing your Xbox Button on your Controller to open the Sidebar Menu. -Navigate across to the Tab at the top of the menu named, Profile & System. - Scroll down the menu and locate the đź’ˇ Xbox Assist Guide and press A on your controller. Once opened
    and on the front page, you may see current issues & solutions. If not, in the top Right Corner of the Xbox Assist App, you will find a search bar where you can simply enter the words. 'Controller'and it will display all updated controller issues and can
    walk you through troubleshooting. I hope this helps you fix your problem & Happy New Year! Aka. Bob 👍��
  4. matt nick 29ss Win User

play and charge kit :)

i just took the rechargable battery pack out of my controller and fidled with the release button on top of the battery pack and it fits in nice now and doesnt come loose. but the release button doesnt stick out at all like the original battery pack. it sits
    flush with the controller.. is this the same for you mate??
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Rechargeable batteries

But then if it;s the wrong battery pack, it shoudn't work with either controller ...the fact it works in one but not the other points to an issue with the second controller

The Xbox One Venom battery pack won't even fit in the Series X controller (or at least not without trimming bits off it)..as the OP can fit the pack with no issue, it suggests it's the right battery pack. Unless Venom have released more than one battery pack for the Series X?
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Venom Battery Pack

When you say you've tried New battery packs, was it a new battery pack designed for the Series S/X controllers? The Xbox One Venom battery packs won't fit the new controllers (Venom sell newer versions of these). The controller's much smaller size may have necessitated some minor changes?
Thema:

1. New Xbox One Controller that doesnt work with batteries or battery pack. - Similar Threads - Controller doesnt batteries

2. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  3. The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...: The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels stuck. 0f063b2b-3b20-472d-94d0-77b804dd47f5
  4. Why doesnt my Xbox controller connect to Minecraft dungeons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesnt my Xbox controller connect to Minecraft dungeons?: hi today i bought Minecraft dungens and wanted to play the game with my controller. Its an Xbox elite wireless Controller Series 2. If i start the game only shows keyboard controlls and they are...
  5. Xbox controller doesnt work Right. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller doesnt work Right. What can I do?: my series s controller tells new batteries that are fully charged that they are almost empty and after 5 minutes of using my controller the controller turns off. I've had this problem for 2 days...
  6. my controller doesnt work anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller doesnt work anymore.: my xbox powerA nano enhanced wired controller for xbox series X/S disconnected from my laptop and I dont know how to reconnect it. ive tried going through all my settings and still nothing works....
  7. my xbox one controller will not connect. my computer doesnt recognize it is connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one controller will not connect. my computer doesnt recognize it is connected...: how can i connect my xbox one controller to my laptop? 24f9e331-0786-452e-83ab-02e98b751b87
  8. Xbox One Controller doesnt connect anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller doesnt connect anymore.: Hi. Ive been having problems with my controller after i remove device, had some problem with connecting and wanted to pair it again, and now i cant get it to connect back to my pc. It shows up...
  9. Gears of war 4 for PC, X ONE control doesnt works.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 4 for PC, X ONE control doesnt works.: Hello, recently I updated my computer to W10 to play Gears of War 4, i actually buyed a control. The problema is that the control Works on every other game, except on Gears of War 4. I have...
  10. Please help me regain control of my account, Microsoft doesnt care

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me regain control of my account, Microsoft doesnt care: The account that I am currently writing this on is continually being hacked by the same person, and they keep logging back in to change the password. You might ask.. "Why not just change your...