New XBOX controller out of warranty.

Discus and support New XBOX controller out of warranty. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought a new xbox controller on amazon. I received the product on 5th Dec. But when I registered the product, it shows the warranty expired on 3rd Dec.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chevaliar, Dec 5, 2023.

1. chevaliar
    chevaliar Guest

Bought a new xbox controller on amazon. I received the product on 5th Dec. But when I registered the product, it shows the warranty expired on 3rd Dec. Tried to upload the receipt on the xbox support page but to no avail. What can I do now? Thanks.

:)

chevaliar, Dec 5, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Chevaliar. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I advise contacting Amazon for a refund or replacement, it sounds like a seller has sent you a used controller.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller RB button Broken

Microsoft do not repair controllers. They replace them if they are in warranty. If it it out of warranty they will charge you for a new controller
  4. Meitzi Win User

Elite controller rubber grips coming off!! Again!

its out of warranty clearly.

warranty does not re-new if they replace controller.

xbox contollers are worst conrollers i have been in my life.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Gears elite controller

Hello r0mer0ne,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. If your controller is out of warranty, Microsoft would not be able to exchange your controllers. Accessories do not get repaired through warranty, they only get replaced. For out of warranty controllers, Xbox support
    could only offer to sell you a new one.

You can check your controllers' warranty from here: Request an Xbox controller replacement

For more info and possible other solutions, try contacting a live agent.

Hope this helps!
  6. R4VER Win User

Xbox one help

Use xbox accessories app, troubleshoot your controller,

If your controller is still in warranty and troubleshooting hasnt worked, i would put in a ticket with Support for a repair.

If its out of warranty unfortunately its likely to be buying a new controller.
Thema:

1. New XBOX controller out of warranty. - Similar Threads - controller warranty

2. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?: I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise to hold off on a warranty replacement until...
  3. I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've sent my Elite 2 off to warranty twice, now my controller is even worse!: Hi, I sent my Elite 2 (fairly new, I didn't think to check warranty initially) off for a warranty fix. I was getting double input on the A and Y button, every now and then LB would double input....
  4. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...
  5. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  6. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  7. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  8. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support: I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with...
  9. Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.: Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty only gave me seven months instead of a year. Bought on the 20/12/23 from Argos registered warranty on 29/12/23. When I registered it today It says the...
  10. Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired: Hi, I bought a XBox controller from Flipkart which is an authorized reseller in India. However, while registering my device in my Microsoft account, I see the warranty already expired. When I...