New Xbox controller malfunction frustration

Discus and support New Xbox controller malfunction frustration in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a brand new Xbox Carbon Black Wireless controller from GameStop for $53.55 after taxes on 6/18/22, after my original one that came with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by It’s _Me_, Nov 1, 2022.

1. It’s _Me_
    It’s _Me_ Guest

I bought a brand new Xbox Carbon Black Wireless controller from GameStop for $53.55 after taxes on 6/18/22, after my original one that came with my Xbox series x started to have joystick drift in the left joystick. Now only after 4 months of owning this new controller, it’s having the same joystick drifting problem. I’ve been an Xbox owner since the Xbox 360, and I’ve never had issues with the controllers like these new ones. These new ones seem to be more susceptible to drift. After another bad controller after only 4 months with no drops, spills, or anything to possibly cause damage, I will be looking for a non-Microsoft brand controller going forward, as im unsatisfied with quality of these new Microsoft brand controllers. Please work to better these controllers so that they can be reliable in the future, and I may support them going forward, after I’ve wasted $53.55 on one of your controllers.

:)

It’s _Me_, Nov 1, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello It`s, I'm sorry you're having this experience with Microsoft control, what I can tell you is that you make that suggestion on Xbox Uservoice that now works on Xbox Reddit Insider.

Insider Ideas

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/
  3. CapnJackrabbit Win User

Xbox 1 controller

Then it's either a bad set of batteries, or your controller is malfunctioning. Are your batteries new? If so, consider connecting a diferent controller -- don't forget to pair it with your Xbox.
  4. ITz Coywolf Win User

Controller issues

Well what kind of controller is this is it the original Xbox one controller or 3.5mm controller? If it is the original Xbox one controller it might be the controller malfunctioning with your Xbox because they are outdated.
  5. AssyrianEagle Win User

xbox one X controller keeps disconnecting!!

I have tried another controller and its same thing. I don't think it's the controller there is something else either I would it's wifi interference or system malfunction. This is new problem with have with Xbox One X system I don't know what to say.
  6. Kleine B NL Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller

If i buy an elite controller series 2 and its malfunctioning i'm going back to the store where i buy it. And i wil get a new one.
Thema:

1. New Xbox controller malfunction frustration - Similar Threads - controller malfunction frustration

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox one pro controller set on fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one pro controller set on fire: So my Xbox one pro controller ignited in my hands last night on the 24th of April 2024 all I did was start up call of duty modern warfare 3 I was using some Duracell batteries in it but it got hot...
  4. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  5. Xbox controller warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller warranty: I purchased an xbox controller yesterday from EE and when i add the device to my microsoft account its saying warranty expired can anyone advise me on how to sort this please as i i dont want a...
  6. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  7. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  8. How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?: When playing any games on gamepass on my pc, my controller does not work correctly. It seems as though my controller is fighting with my keyboard for control. Any suggestions?...
  9. USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.: So, I have had some problems with my Cosmic Byte Ares Wireless Controller for a while now. It used to connect fine sometimes, and I thought it was a loose connection due to which it might not be...
  10. Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is R1 a typical malfunction on the Xbox controller?: I’ve had several XBox X|S controllers go down because R1 bumper just stops working. Is this a common issue? 4517ea52-6956-4043-8e09-abd93aa76aa2