New Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) social features are available on web and 2022 Samsung TVs!

Discus and support New Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) social features are available on web and 2022 Samsung TVs! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; You can now find and manage friends, visit profiles, and view social notifications in the “play with friends” row on home. How to try it: Sign in to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/XB1R_Muninn, Oct 17, 2022.

1. New Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) social features are available on web and 2022 Samsung TVs!

You can now find and manage friends, visit profiles, and view social notifications in the “play with friends” row on home.

How to try it:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on web (xbox.com/play) or the Xbox app on TV.
    2. Go to profile settings by selecting your gamerpic in the upper right corner and toggle on “preview features”.

To use the guide:

Press the Xbox button in the upper left corner or own your controller to open and close the guide. Here, you can navigate to the people tab where you can:

• Search for and add other Xbox players to your friends list
    • Follow players to keep up with what they’re doing and join them in games
    • Favorite friends so you can easily find them later at the top of your friends list

You can view another Xbox user’s profile:

From the people tab, you can select another Xbox player from your friends list or from search to manage your friendship and view their profile.

View and edit your own profile:

You can view your own profile by clicking on your gamer pic in the upper right corner of the screen and from the dropdown you can “view full profile”. Here, you can edit your bio, view your friends list, and see your recent play activity.

View active social notifications in the “play with friends” row:

On home, you’ll see the “play with friends” row. You’ll see friends who are online, games that are popular with friends, and the option to join a friend’s game if they are in a joinable game state (ex. In a multiplayer game lobby).

Known Issues:

• On PC, using the Xbox button on controller will open Game Bar, if enabled.

Please be patient as these features are rolled out. If you don't see it now, check back later!

More social features to come, thanks for your feedback and happy gaming!

submitted by /u/XB1R_Muninn
    [link] [comments]

/u/XB1R_Muninn, Oct 17, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Keyboard and mouse on XCloud SmarTv Samsung

Hi Kaissa,

As explained above, keyboard and mouse unfortunately isn’t compatible with Cloud gaming at the moment. There are various controllers that are supported, though.

Refer to this guide:

Cloud gaming with the Xbox app on your smart TV | Xbox Support

which includes a section confirming what controllers are compatible and how to connect a controller to your smart TV

Also see:

Cloud gaming with Xbox | Xbox Support

How to use Gaming Hub on your Samsung Smart TV | Samsung Support

Hope this helps.
  3. JoeB7 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control any functions on screen

I have the same issue:

* the plain Xbox controller (non elite) connects via bluetooth to the TV and is recognised by the Xbox cloud app on my Samsung TV. I can use it to play games using the Samsung Xbox app.

* the brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects via bluetooth to the TV and is NOT recognised by the Xbox cloud app.

I tried several attempts deleting the pairing, re-pairing. Turn off TV on the power switch. Re-installing the Xbox app on the Samsung TV.

The result is always the same:

* The Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects successfully to the TV and is shown as Paired and Connected in the Samsung TVs feature where you add external devices.
    * But the Xbox app shows the yellow ! exclamation mark and does not recognise the Elite Controller.

I’ve paired my other non Elite standard Xbox controller now vie Bluetooth and USB, which works both.
  4. dudeskis01 Win User

Any one else letting the fan boys Beta test this first?

i dont think there is much to beta test on the xbox one.

-

the cloud is already available to use and will be in use on the 360 prior to xbox one release.

-

this is the second version of kinect, so it is clearly not beta.

-

ms has been working with media and tv integration for over 10 years, see windows media center.

-

they already own and operate skype for over a year.

-

the game video streaming service they plan on providing is already in use on pc.

-

sony on the other hand is doing a lot of new things they have never done before with the ps4. well not a lot, but the social side they are pushing is very new to them. gaikai wont be available at launch, so that would be easier to argue as a beta testing.
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

I want to know if the G920 steering wheel will work on a samsung smart TV cus my friends said it does but I don't really trust 'em.

Hi there Mr A, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Currently, when playing through Xbox Cloud Gaming on any device, including Samsung TVs, only controllers are supported. It's not possible to use other accessories such as keyboards, mice, steering wheels, among others. Keep in mind that Xbox Cloud Gaming is still in Beta, so it's likely that compatibility for other accessories will be enabled in the Cloud in the future. We'll have to wait for an announcement or news from Xbox for further updates.

For more useful information about Xbox Cloud Gaming on Samsung TVs, please visit the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/set-up-smart-tv-xbox-app

Please keep in mind that in this public forum we are just players like you trying to guide and help other players.

I appreciate your understanding and I wish you good luck.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Can you use a steering wheel for cloud gaming on my Samsung tv like farming sim

Hi there Joshua, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Currently, when playing through Xbox Cloud Gaming on any device, including Samsung TVs, only controllers are supported. It's not possible to use other accessories such as keyboards, mice, steering wheels, among others. Keep in mind that Xbox Cloud Gaming is still in beta, so it's likely that compatibility for other accessories will be enabled in the cloud in the future. We'll have to wait for an announcement or news from Xbox for further updates.

For more useful information about Xbox Cloud Gaming on Samsung TVs, please visit the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/set-up-smart-tv-xbox-app

Please keep in mind that in this public forum we are just players like you trying to guide and help other players.

I appreciate your understanding and I wish you good luck.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

New Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) social features are available on web and 2022 Samsung TVs!

1. New Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) social features are available on web and 2022 Samsung TVs! - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming Beta

2. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  3. New Xbox x. Home Screen is cloud gaming beta. Hitting on/off x button brings up “welcome to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox x. Home Screen is cloud gaming beta. Hitting on/off x button brings up “welcome to...: New Xbox x and set up. How do I get to the Home Screen? Default is beta game pass. Hitting on/off x button brings up welcome to the guide. e20f8a2b-4d32-4e48-b97c-2937b471cc69
  4. Has there been any updates on when cloud gaming will come out of beta or if the servers...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has there been any updates on when cloud gaming will come out of beta or if the servers...: Online gaming has been listed as beta for a significant amount of time. It is understandable if something is in beta that there will be issues and long queues. With it being listed as a feature...
  5. how to play Fortnite on cloud gaming beta using chromebook

in XboX Insiders
    how to play Fortnite on cloud gaming beta using chromebook: I am trying to play Fortnite on cloud gaming beta using chromebook and it tells me to connect an xbox controller so i proceed to spam every button possible on my wired xbox series X|S controller...
  6. Xbox Cloud gaming beta: Starfield is running short on save memory!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Cloud gaming beta: Starfield is running short on save memory!: I am playing Starfield in Chrome Browser. For me the performance it's quite ok (one crash per 2-3 hours). I am saving manually and automagically. After reaching >200 Savings I got the warning:...
  7. gete arocket with beta on bottom when i try to cloud game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gete arocket with beta on bottom when i try to cloud game: time i try to play get this screen wwitk a rocket on it then thats it 3446bb76-ed9d-4fb6-b663-88e8bd621b02
  8. It does'nt allow me to sign in to xbox cloud gaming (Beta)

in XBoX Accessibility
    It does'nt allow me to sign in to xbox cloud gaming (Beta): I press sign in, the page takes me to sign in, after putting email and password, it takes me to the first page of sign in to play fortnite. i tried it on my laptop, ipad, and iphone same thing....
  9. Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. Can I as a gamer and programmer, contribute to improving the Xbox Cloud Gaming Beta...: Please let me know. Thanks. d05f1a14-d675-4003-86bb-769a2c170264
  10. cannot sign into xbox cloud gaming beta (on the website)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot sign into xbox cloud gaming beta (on the website): so last week the website was working fine and I could sign in now i cant sign in and it just refreshes the page without signing me in i don't know what's going on please help me fix this I've...