New Xbox - can't share games

Discus and support New Xbox - can't share games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, hopefully someone can help me out here with a solution to a specific problem I've been having. It's important that a few things are completely... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mairsh, May 14, 2023.

1. Mairsh
    Mairsh Guest

Hi, hopefully someone can help me out here with a solution to a specific problem I've been having.

It's important that a few things are completely understood about my situation first.

First of all, I just upgraded from an Xbox One to a Series S.

Secondly, my son has a Series S as well.

Thirdly, and very importantly, we had been sharing games and an Ultimate account with no problems previously. I could see a few of the games he bought on his console (important to note they were purchased on his console) on my console in "My games and apps" but could not play them because they can't play on the One. He bought FIFA 23 on his console and I've been playing it since release day on my console - I never bought it. And, crucially, I never had to sign in as him on my console to play the game. His profile was on the console, as it is the new one, but I never, ever had to sign in as him to play. He is usually upstairs playing his own console, usually playing the same game.

So when I got my new console I set mine to "Make this my home console" without much thought. Somehow everything that was working on the One is not working on this new console. I can now only play FIFA 23 when he is signed in on my console. If he isn't signed in I get a message saying "The person who bought this needs to sign in."

I have turned off "Make this my home console" and turned it on on his. He has access to my Ultimate Game Pass.

So taking all of this into account, what should I do to return to what I had previously? I am running out of switches for My Home Xbox and don't want to lock it out. I only have two left. It would be really useful if someone could tell me what I need to do to make this like it was before.

Please bear in mind that I have had this working fine with no problems previously, and it's really frustrating that it isn't working now.

It would be helpful of someone could tell me who on each console should be ticking the "Make this my home Xbox" to get this working correctly. I've been gaming for 40 years and finally hit my first brick wall here, so I would really very much appreciate an accurate description of what to do. Thank you so much in advance.

:)

Mairsh, May 14, 2023
  2. Mairsh Win User

Thank you kindly for your help. That fixed it. Much appreciated.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

If you wish to play games purchased by your son without signing in to his account, then you need to play on whichever console he has set as his "home" console.
  4. A Blue Illusion Win User

XBOX ONE X Gold Account.

I'm curious to know if the Home Console features and game sharing will work between the XB1X and the current XB1 consoles. My wife and I game share, but can't afford to replace both consoles at once so I'm hoping we can still game share with one of us on
    the new console and one of us on the older one.
  5. UnweildyFeline Win User

xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr

Good news I can now at least view and download my game DVR clips from Xbox app via Windows 10 PC!

Bad news continued: Via Game DVR App on Xbox One, I'm now able to see the game clips under "Xbox Live", but when I select "Share" option on a clip I get a

"Something went wrong" error message.

details of the error message are: "Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in a while."

11:54 am

6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Account Profiles

You can't transfer Xbox accounts to another Microsoft account (this is what you want). It's not possible.

You CAN change the login email but you CAN'T change it to an Outlook or Hotmail or Live email since those are Microsoft emails.

Your son will have to either keep this account he's on or start fresh on a new account. He can keep his games and most DLC by using the

my home xbox
    feature to share games to a new account but any progress can't be moved in any way.
Thema:

1. New Xbox - can't share games - Similar Threads - can't share games

2. I can't game share gta online enhanced version any help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't game share gta online enhanced version any help?: I recently got my brother a series x and im the one with game pass and gta 5 online and enhanced is on game pass so i downloaded it on his xbox through my account and made his new xbox my home but...
  3. Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription: I recently upgraded from my old Xbox One to a new Xbox Series X. Previously, on my old xbox, I was able to download and play GamePass games using my Mother's GamePass Ultimate subscription. I...
  4. Why can't the Ultimate game pass be shared with family on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't the Ultimate game pass be shared with family on PC?: Same [mod removed] question, not sure why I also have to write here!?! GAME PASS ULTIMATE ON PCs, why can't I share with the family durrr 580c7160-af9f-4037-90d9-10cc2cc66694
  5. I can't game share with my friends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't game share with my friends.: I just used all 5 of my switches and used them to gameshare with my friends. Then it was fine and the check mark for make this my home xbox got blanked and now they can't gameshare with me and I...
  6. Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?: So, my buddy finally got back to playing on his own Xbox One, problem is, whenever we game shared before, it would allow us to get access to any games either one of us could play before. Now, he's...
  7. Why can't I game share ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I game share ?: Can a Xbox Series S game share with a Xbox One, of course given that the game is not a Series X\S version, because I'm facing difficulties doing so. I have tried removing accounts and adding them...
  8. Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?: My profile has gamepass ultimate and my home Xbox is the Xbox my son plays on. When we download Battlefield 5, my profile can play it, but it won't let my son play it on his profile. It says its a...
  9. Can't share a game clip or screenshot to Xbox Live

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't share a game clip or screenshot to Xbox Live: Can't share clips or screenshots from the game "Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" to Xbox Live or One Drive. I can share clips from other games just fine, the problem is just with this...
  10. Can't seem to share Game Pass Ultimate with my wife

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't seem to share Game Pass Ultimate with my wife: Good morning, I have a xbox game pass ultimate subscription. I've added my wife's xbox gametag account in my family settings, both on windows 10 and online in the account.microsoft.com/family...