New Xbox account locked out and unable to receive unlock code to my mobile number

Discus and support New Xbox account locked out and unable to receive unlock code to my mobile number in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A month ago, on February 25, I created a new account on Xbox, paid for 12 months of Xbox Gold ($59.99 + tax) from Best Buy, applied that code to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Emorabito, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Emorabito
    Emorabito Guest

New Xbox account locked out and unable to receive unlock code to my mobile number

A month ago, on February 25, I created a new account on Xbox, paid for 12 months of Xbox Gold ($59.99 + tax) from Best Buy, applied that code to the new account through the Xbox One on February 27. On the same day, I paid for and downloaded the Elder Scrolls Online Necrom Deluxe (ESO) video game ($86.59), installed the game on the Xbox, created an ESO account and began playing the game.

One or two days later, without notice nor receiving any email explaining why, Microsoft locked out the new account. I attempted to go online to get the account unlocked, but the only method for doing this requires sending a code in the form of a text message to a phone number. This was not working and is still not working. On March 1, I opened a Support ticket with Microsoft and they were unable to help me and eventually informed me that this was a known issue. Microsoft Services Status Page did indicate at the time that there were reported issues with account access and Store access. There are currently no issues being reported by Microsoft. The suggestions by Support so far have been to:

1. Attempt to login onto my account using my mobile phone and send the text to the phone number through the mobile phone browser. (failed)

2. Use a different phone number. (I tried 3 different phone numbers) (failed).

3. Disconnect my phone or other phones from the wireless Home Internet connection and use the Cellular service only when attempting to send the code. (failed)

4. Fill out and send in a "Compliance" form to request that the account suspension be reviewed and unlocked. (I received a response saying only that the account was "automatically" locked out due to "unusual" behavior and that I could send a code to my phone to get an unlock code. (failed)

5. Navigate to additional links provided in the email to get further troubleshooting assistance. (This fails because the account needed for this troubleshooting is locked out and since I cannot unlock the account, it is impossible to open Support tickets, contact Microsoft or review any of the information online because every attempt stops you at the "Your account is Locked" page.) (failed).

On March 14, I replied back to my Support Ticket Owner through email and to the Compliance email letting them know that I am still unable to get logged into my account even through I have tried their suggestions and have been told that I should now be able to unlock the account. I was able to figure out a way to get a callback from Support yesterday, March 27 and they were unable to assist me with anything further and told me that my Support ticket was still under review. When I requested to speak with a Supervisor or Manager about this issue, the CSR told me that I would have to wait for a callback for 24 to 72 hours.

Will I actually get a callback? What is wrong and can this issue be resolved?

I see so many other reports of this issue. Why is this not posted as an outage on your Website if this is still an issue for so many?

Could I get further details into understanding why my account was locked other than just "unusual" behavior? That explanation if very non-specific and I would like to understand better what exactly I did wrong that caused the account to be locked so that I may have the opportunity to ensure that I avoid any such "unusual" behaviors in the future in order to avoid having Microsoft's automated systems lock me out of an account for which I have paid money for subscription services and paid for videos games on the account. This process is very unfair to Microsoft Customers.

I'm hoping that this post does not in any way break the rules of your "Code of Conduct" on the Community forum, because I would like to have you avoid removing my post again in order to get feedback from you and others who have experienced this issue and may have some suggestions on how to fix my problem and answer my questions. So far Microsoft Support has not been able to help me and now I'm hoping the Microsoft Community may be of some assistance since I have not been able to use my paid account for a month now.

:)

Emorabito, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Emorabito, I'm sorry about what's happening, however you already have an open ticket with Microsoft that is under analysis, and as this forum is open to the public and unfortunately, as independent consultants, we do not have access to some data or your account, we cannot specify the real reason or accurately verify this issue for you.
  3. Zeus Horse Win User

Receiving 6 digit authentication code when only a 4 digit code is accepted

Hi All I'm having the same problem with the mobile phone being sent 6 numbers code instead of 4 numbers is this new thing cannot receive rewards notifications.
  4. Serjayz Win User

Xbox Profile CANT connect to live ERROR 8015190B

1. yes new email is confirmed with my account

2. Yes Xbox pRofile is deleted on xbox and deleted cache 3 timesq

3. Yes i can recieve codes on my mobile number, whenever i try to change my security settings it gives me a code though my mobile number now and thats working fine

Okay i will turn on step 2 verification now
  5. Spaceman Creg Win User

My Xbox live account is gone forever! I can't get one!

Did you link a mobile phone number to your account?

If so, use that to receive a verification code via text or a call.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Cannot Access my Xbox account error ‘Someone is using your account’

Hello Joe,

When putting the number in make sure you put the area code in also if different country the country code too. Unfortunately we are unable to PM. have you tried logging in on the
    Account website? Usually if email is locked when you sign in have to verify then it unlocks it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. New Xbox account locked out and unable to receive unlock code to my mobile number - Similar Threads - account locked unable

2. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  3. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  4. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  5. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  6. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  7. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  8. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in.: I have already tried the "recovery" form online and have been denied twice. I have been locked out of my xbox account and am unable to sign back in. I need a security code but I do not have...
  9. Locked out of my Xbox email account and unable to verify that I am the original user

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of my Xbox email account and unable to verify that I am the original user: Locked out of my Xbox email account and unable to verify that I am the original user as the mobile number linked to the account is unable to be accessed anymore and the details I provided to...
  10. My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox (microsoft account) from over 5 years ago has been locked and I am unable to verify it.: My Xbox account which I have not used for years has been locked and I no longer have access to the phone number to verify it. I have been trying to use the online verify form however as it was so...