New Xbox 360 Scratching New Disc

Discus and support New Xbox 360 Scratching New Disc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a brand new Xbox 360(4GB) Model as a Christmas gift, and since I had no games I purchased one off EBay which was factory sealed. I purchased the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DCGGamer, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DCGGamer
    DCGGamer Guest

I got a brand new Xbox 360(4GB) Model as a Christmas gift, and since I had no games I purchased one off EBay which was factory sealed. I purchased the game a little less than a week ago and the game came in yesterday. I turned on the Xbox, signed in, inserted
    the disc and noticed it was making a really loud sound. It sounded like the disc was being scratched. So I ejected the game only to find this weird wavy pattern all over the disc and a bunch of scratches. I have OCD when it comes to my discs as I like to keep
    them in perfect condition, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But the only reason a disc should have scratches on it is if I do it. Not the console. I don't want my game to be so scratched to the point I can't even play it, which is what I'm afraid will happen.
    So what do i do? How can I prevent this from happening again? Does this happen with all Xbox 360 models?

:)

DCGGamer, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Bumping Xbox 360 Elite caused game disc to get scratched

On accident, I bumped my new xbox 360 elite (the shiny black 250gb model) while playing Forza 3. I heard a brutal scratching sound but the disc kept spinning.

When I tried to load another track to play the console froze. I had a nice scratch on the disc and now the disc is useless.

no.name.gamer, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Robot Krabs
    Robot Krabs Guest
    My Xbox is damaging my disks!

I don't think it is your Xbox as much as it is probably the newer disc cases. The "eco-friendly" ones. My MW2 is cracked because of the case, but I have never heard of an Xbox cracking a game, only scratching them.

Robot Krabs, Jan 3, 2014
  4. RECONXODST
    RECONXODST Guest

You need your xbox360 disc drive inspected for any malfunction. Seems like the disc tray needs a repair ASAP and best to send it in to Microsoft. Scratches/Laser burns are typical for the Xbox360.

RECONXODST, Jan 3, 2014
  5. DCGGamer
    DCGGamer Guest
    Is it covered by the warranty if I send it in?

DCGGamer, Oct 31, 2018
  6. RECONXODST Win User

You need your xbox360 disc drive inspected for any malfunction. Seems like the disc tray needs a repair ASAP and best to send it in to Microsoft. Scratches/Laser burns are typical for the Xbox360.
  7. DCGGamer Win User

Is it covered by the warranty if I send it in?
  8. microlink(2) Win User

Is my Xbox Scratching my disks? If so whats the cause?

Xbox 360s scratch discs no matter which way your console is positioned, but the best way to ensure as little scratches as possible is by placing the console in a horizontal position. My Skyrim disc is scratched up pretty good and I bought it brand new, same
    can be said for a lot of my games. My 360 has always been in a horizontal position.
  9. c2drules Win User

Open tray or mixed media disk

Is the disc new and/or clean and free of scratches, scuffs and fingerprints?

Here's a troubleshooting guide that might help:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive
  10. JamesDGreen Win User

Unable to read discs

Are the discs scratched at all? If so you might have to get a new disc replacement. Usually if you scratch the Xbox circle on your disc it stops working.
Thema:

1. New Xbox 360 Scratching New Disc - Similar Threads - 360 Scratching Disc

2. Will my scratched Xbox 360 game work good on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my scratched Xbox 360 game work good on my Xbox one?: sorry about the dumb question I pulled out. I still got my Xbox 360 console I had for years and has problems where it will make scratches on my disc when insert and playing. I would like to know...
  3. Question re: Installing from Scratched Xbox 360 Disc (Wolfenstein: The New Order)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question re: Installing from Scratched Xbox 360 Disc (Wolfenstein: The New Order): Hello All, I have two questions that I am hoping someone can help me with: 1. A particular Xbox 360 game (Wolfenstein: The New Order) needed to install some content off of its first disc. The...
  4. 360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 scratching my discs and making them unreadable: I have several discs that seem to have been damaged in the center and don't work anymore.The reflective coating and the Xbox hologram are partially worn away.It appears to have been scuffed...
  5. Xbox 360 Scratched mtn Disc !

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Scratched mtn Disc !: My Xbox 360 just scratched my disc and I am well aware that there is a warning sticker warning me to not move the console when it is on and the disc is inside but my console was off ! I had just...
  6. Scratched Disk Shuts off my XBox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scratched Disk Shuts off my XBox 360: Just wanted to put this out there as I haven't seen it anywhere else. I have an Assassin's Creed disk. My husband played the game on our Xbox 360 a couple years ago. Today, I tried it and as...
  7. scratch on my xbox 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    scratch on my xbox 360 console.: I've got the 250 GB version of the xbox 360 E and one day when I got home, I've decided to play it because I was bored and out of the blue I noticed a scratch being on top of it. it's slightly...
  8. Xbox 360 scratched 2 discs in 1 day

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 scratched 2 discs in 1 day: FIFA 15 and Call of Duty Ghosts have been scratched in a circular form , now what? 8097821e-f67c-48a2-9b27-7807ea4e8567
  9. Xbox 360 scratched disc when moved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 scratched disc when moved: I have an Xbox 360 S and today it scratched my watch dogs disc. I am EXTREMELY mad because I got this two months ago and have not completed the whole game. Is this normal for Xbox 360s? Is there...
  10. Xbox 360 Red ring coverage and xbox one disc scratching scare major Nelson and analyst team ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Red ring coverage and xbox one disc scratching scare major Nelson and analyst team ...: I am displeased that I have to pay over $80 to fix my "red ring of death" xbox 360 I've owned my xbox since 2010- and I taken great care of it. It started flashing 3 red lights which I was told I...