New Xbox 360 Scratching New Disc

Discus and support New Xbox 360 Scratching New Disc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a brand new Xbox 360(4GB) Model as a Christmas gift, and since I had no games I purchased one off EBay which was factory sealed. I purchased the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DCGGamer, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DCGGamer
    DCGGamer Guest

I got a brand new Xbox 360(4GB) Model as a Christmas gift, and since I had no games I purchased one off EBay which was factory sealed. I purchased the game a little less than a week ago and the game came in yesterday. I turned on the Xbox, signed in, inserted
    the disc and noticed it was making a really loud sound. It sounded like the disc was being scratched. So I ejected the game only to find this weird wavy pattern all over the disc and a bunch of scratches. I have OCD when it comes to my discs as I like to keep
    them in perfect condition, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But the only reason a disc should have scratches on it is if I do it. Not the console. I don't want my game to be so scratched to the point I can't even play it, which is what I'm afraid will happen.
    So what do i do? How can I prevent this from happening again? Does this happen with all Xbox 360 models?

:)

DCGGamer, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Bumping Xbox 360 Elite caused game disc to get scratched

On accident, I bumped my new xbox 360 elite (the shiny black 250gb model) while playing Forza 3. I heard a brutal scratching sound but the disc kept spinning.

When I tried to load another track to play the console froze. I had a nice scratch on the disc and now the disc is useless.

no.name.gamer, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Robot Krabs
    Robot Krabs Guest
    My Xbox is damaging my disks!

I don't think it is your Xbox as much as it is probably the newer disc cases. The "eco-friendly" ones. My MW2 is cracked because of the case, but I have never heard of an Xbox cracking a game, only scratching them.

Robot Krabs, Jan 3, 2014
  4. RECONXODST
    RECONXODST Guest

You need your xbox360 disc drive inspected for any malfunction. Seems like the disc tray needs a repair ASAP and best to send it in to Microsoft. Scratches/Laser burns are typical for the Xbox360.

RECONXODST, Jan 3, 2014
  5. DCGGamer
    DCGGamer Guest
    Is it covered by the warranty if I send it in?

DCGGamer, Oct 31, 2018
  6. RECONXODST Win User

You need your xbox360 disc drive inspected for any malfunction. Seems like the disc tray needs a repair ASAP and best to send it in to Microsoft. Scratches/Laser burns are typical for the Xbox360.
  7. DCGGamer Win User

Is it covered by the warranty if I send it in?
  8. microlink(2) Win User

Is my Xbox Scratching my disks? If so whats the cause?

Xbox 360s scratch discs no matter which way your console is positioned, but the best way to ensure as little scratches as possible is by placing the console in a horizontal position. My Skyrim disc is scratched up pretty good and I bought it brand new, same
    can be said for a lot of my games. My 360 has always been in a horizontal position.
  9. c2drules Win User

Open tray or mixed media disk

Is the disc new and/or clean and free of scratches, scuffs and fingerprints?

Here's a troubleshooting guide that might help:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive
  10. JamesDGreen Win User

Unable to read discs

Are the discs scratched at all? If so you might have to get a new disc replacement. Usually if you scratch the Xbox circle on your disc it stops working.
Thema:

1. New Xbox 360 Scratching New Disc - Similar Threads - 360 Scratching Disc

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  4. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  5. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  6. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  7. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  8. my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet: So I got my 360 E a few years ago and a few months ago I tried connecting it to the internet but it won't connect, I tried hotspot and I gave up. 54ecfb1f-40e9-47a7-90ca-0c97461ff619
  9. scratch on my xbox 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    scratch on my xbox 360 console.: I've got the 250 GB version of the xbox 360 E and one day when I got home, I've decided to play it because I was bored and out of the blue I noticed a scratch being on top of it. it's slightly...
  10. scratch on my xbox 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    scratch on my xbox 360 console.: I've got the 250 GB version of the xbox 360 E and one day when I got home, I've decided to play it because I was bored and out of the blue I noticed a scratch being on top of it. it's slightly...