: New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks

Discus and support : New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks Have just gotten my new Series S - needed an update from the start but couldn't connect to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by scootmccooties, Jan 30, 2021.

1. : New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks

Have just gotten my new Series S - needed an update from the start but couldn't connect to wireless. Connected direct to my modem (Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2) which was a bit patchy but downloaded intermittently.
    Tried connect wirelessly but it's not displaying any wireless networks.
    Tried all the troubleshooting, changing settings, everything.
    It's odd that it's not even showing my neighbour's networks.
    Did a factory reset and now need to install another update.
    Has anyone come across this?

:)

scootmccooties, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Set up issue

Are you using a wired or wireless internet connection?

Try a wired connection (ethernet cable) to your network hardware and restart the console. It should connect and do the required OS update.

If wireless choose a factory refresh of the console. After the refresh is complete, input the console setup details again.

Setup new Series X S has further details.
  3. rtrcwbyCX Win User

I cant download games it just started happening a day ago idk what to do.

I'm going to go one better here. I have done all of these steps, and I'm having ENDLESS issues with BOTH an XBox Series S and an XBox Series X. Problem started on June 20th on BOTH boxes. Wired and wireless for both boxes. before anyone says that my home network is broken, I have 2 PCs, several MACs, and a SLEW of other devices having no issues at all on the several wired and wireless networks. I run 4 different SSIDs because, reasons, and the issue followed the XBox, not the network. I finally did a full reset on my series S and continued having issues with downloads starting, running for a while, and halting. I could only get it to continue downloading by rebooting the console.
  4. BillDotriev Win User

I can't buy Left 4 Dead 2 online or on console.

Will this also work for X-Box Series S? It says "Buy it for X-Box 360" on the link.
  5. Tam Gault Win User

Trailmakers DLC not working with other accounts

Hi again,

This on only happening on our x-box series X

It works as it should on our series S

???????
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
Thema:

1. : New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks - Similar Threads - Box Series displaying

2. Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box: Why spend 90 bucks for a used controller that wasn't inspected. Just received it today. Left stick sticks when going right. And the audio port is dead. Had to clean the controller covered in...
  3. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  4. I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent in an xbox series 2 red controller but never received it in the original box I sent...: I sent a red elite series 2 controller in for repair in the original box and received the controller in a brown standard box which is not the original box I sent it in....
  5. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  6. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  7. Headset not working (X box series x) wired Logitech headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working (X box series x) wired Logitech headset: Hi all, please help. Bought a replacement Turtle Beach headset (wired- plugged in to controller) for my son. Could not get it to work, tried all troubleshooting , took it back and now have...
  8. Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...: Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game has....what could be the prbl! Thanks for the answers! b4ae914d-ce64-42ab-9fb6-e9f1c9e0c8e8
  9. is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s: Is there any way that backwards compatibility extends to disc games on the series s d74ce50c-8980-43f7-912c-83ce44333d13
  10. Elite series 2 missing seriel on box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 missing seriel on box: I bought 2 elite series 2 controllers and when I got home to register I noticed one box was missing the seriel. Upon registering the devices one of them has an expired warranty. I have sent...